PDA

View Full Version : Budget Crisis Forces Cut In Free Illegal Immigrant Health Care

Apocalypse
03-18-2009, 11:45 PM
There were few winners at Tuesday's standing room only budget hearing, as department heads and supervisors acknowledged the latest round of cuts -- added to more than $90 million cut since May -- were bad public policy, but necessary.
William Walker, head of health services, decried his own decision to eliminate $6 million in health care for undocumented adults.

"It's the hardest thing I've ever had to propose in my 34 years in the county, the reduction of access to patients," he said.

"Public protection includes more than just law enforcement and the criminal justice system," he said.

County administrator David Twa said the shift was based on supervisors' expressed policy to give law and justice jobs priority.
A leader of the sheriff's deputies slammed the idea that his officers would lose jobs while supervisors discussed providing health care to undocumented residents.

"I can't believe we're even debating this," said Jim Bickert, president of the Contra Costa Deputy Sheriff's Association. "We're talking about using taxpayer dollars to fund health care for illegal aliens, I emphasize illegal aliens To continue to fund health care services for illegals is absurd and fiscally irresponsible."
Supervisor John Gioia of Richmond said the issue is largely public health but also a moral one for him.

http://www.contracostatimes.com/ci_11933848

This county served about 5,500 illegal immigrants annually. Another sanctuary city forced to make changes due to budget shortfalls. Following Sacramento County last month who was struggling with a $55 million budget deficit, who also cut funding to free heath care to Illegal immigrants.

Providing free medical care for California's 3 million illegal immigrants cost almost $775 million annual.

lacarnut
03-19-2009, 12:00 AM
If their standard of living goes down, maybe they will pack their shit up and go back where they came from.

This health care supervisor with his crocodile tears needs a good swift kick in the balls. :rolleyes:

PoliCon
03-19-2009, 10:58 AM
boo hoo hoo! They'll have to find someone else to mooch off of now! boo hoo hoo!

stsinner
03-19-2009, 11:23 AM
they're all set if they come to Massachusetts.. Our affirmative action hire governor loves crimigrants.

He loves them so much that we have task forces that try to come up with ways to make the crimigrants' lives easier here in Mass.. Read about it here. (http://www.telegram.com/article/20090319/NEWS/903190621/1101)