PDA

View Full Version : Thursday Thoughts

FlaGator
03-19-2009, 07:39 AM
A typical spring day (although its not quite spring). Highs in the mid 70s and clear skies. It's a nice day to be out doors

TOTD: Grown up toys: What is your favorite play thing (other than spouse or significant other)? Everybody has some position that was purchased because of it's 'fun factor'. I have two items. My Porsche and my Fender Stratocaster. The Porsche is just a lot of fun to drive and I'm looiking foward to the day I can drive it again. My Strat is a guitar (for you who didn't know). I have paid small fortunes for some of the other guitars in my collection but it is the one I enjoy playing the most. It hasn't been in it's case for months because I play it every day.

What about you? What do you take in to the sandbox during recess?

asdf2231
03-19-2009, 07:56 AM
My gun collection. That's my primary growed up toy box. If I ever manage to find a Mauser C96 in 9mm that doesn't cost more than oue first car I will be more or less done aquiring.

Gingersnap
03-19-2009, 08:35 AM
It's very spring-like here which is kind of bad news in terms of moisture but pretty nice in all other regards.

TOTD: I guess a lot of my sewing equipment would fit the "grown-up toy" category. I'm not a seamstress or tailor but I do buy some pretty high-end equipment that probably isn't strictly necessary for the kind of sewing that I normally do.

Of course, when the Dear Leader tanks the country I'll be one of the few who will fuel the underground economy with silk lingerie and custom-fitted bustiers. :p

lacarnut
03-19-2009, 09:34 AM
It is a beautiful sunny day in south Louisiana. Thinking about going to the beach; have to wait for delivery of a couple of gold coins from the US mint. The dummies do not insure them and do not require a signature. Sometimes the UPS driver does not even ring the door bell; just drops them off on the doorsteps. Grrrr.

TOTD: I am excited about the possibility of purchasing a new 2009 Nissan 370Z Sports Car that is on its way from the port of CA and will be here in the next few days. Have not negotiated a deal with the general manager yet. My present 2003 Z is a blast to drive and with only 44k miles I am having second thoughts about trading it in because it has been such a trouble free car.

PoliCon
03-19-2009, 11:10 AM
A beautiful day here in the Burgh - the birds are twittering endlessly out side my window and I want to smash them all. I threw my back out and am miserable with pain. :mad:

TOTD:

I have two toys. My custom built computer :) and my book collection. I have over 3000 volumes in three catagories - Historical/political - Religious - and Sci/Fi. I have quite a few first edition first printings and when ever possible - I get them signed. :cool: I have Hannity's and Coulter's and Beck's and Sowell's autographs to name a few.

linda22003
03-19-2009, 12:20 PM
With all those books, do you know about LibraryThing? Check it out.
http://www.librarything.com