PDA

View Full Version : Government Interference has REALLY Gone Too Far!

linda22003
03-19-2009, 10:31 AM
NJ considers ban on bare-it-all 'Brazilian' wax

The state Board of Cosmetology and Hairstyling is moving toward a ban on genital waxing altogether after two women reported being injured in their quest for a smooth bikini line.

Both women were hospitalized for infections following so-called "Brazilian" bikini waxes; one of the women has filed a lawsuit, according to Jeff Lamm, a spokesman for New Jersey's Division of Consumer Affairs, which oversees the cosmetology board.

Technically, genital waxing has never been allowed only the face, neck, abdomen, legs and arms are permitted but because bare-it-all "Brazilians" weren't specifically banned, state regulators haven't enforced the law.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2009/03/19/national/a061735D74.DTL

Gingersnap
03-19-2009, 10:49 AM
Gee, you mean you wouldn't feel a lot safer getting a pubic permit so your waxing contractor could perform this renovation in your own home? I mean, you'd get an inspection from Code Enforcement and everything. :p

stsinner
03-19-2009, 10:57 AM
Really? You think the government has gone too far? Why would you ever assume that you're free to do as you wish with your body?

We're called The Land of the Free here in America, except there's not one single thing you can do that's not somehow regulated or restricted by the government.. They regulate what kind of car you can drive, they regulate what kinds of foods you can eat, the regulate what you can smoke, they regulate what goods you can purchase by controlling imports, and on and on it goes.. Try to do what they say you shouldn't and you'll pay dearly in taxes and fees if you can do it or get it at all.. Buy a Hummer-gas guzzler tax.. Buy a yacht-luxury tax. Want to inherit that home you were born in and grew up in when your parents die-inheritance tax... If you can't pay the inheritance tax, YOU CAN'T HAVE YOUR PARENTS' HOUSE! It's shameful.

And under Obongo they're proposing radio-controlled thermostats in your house to control your energy usage. They'll set it at the temperature that they deem appropriate.. At least that was the story when he was on the campaign trail.

Gingersnap
03-19-2009, 11:00 AM
Really? You think the government has gone too far? Why would you ever assume that you're free to do as you wish with your body?

We're called The Land of the Free here in America, except there's not one single thing you can do that's not somehow regulated or restricted by the government.. They regulate what kind of car you can drive, they regulate what kinds of foods you can eat, the regulate what you can smoke, they regulate what goods you can purchase by controlling imports, and on and on it goes..

And under Obongo they're proposing radio-controlled thermostats in your house to control your energy usage. They'll set it at the temperature that they deem appropriate.. At least that was the story when he was on the campaign trail.

Lighten up, Francis. This is the Lounge. :D

linda22003
03-19-2009, 11:01 AM
I put it in the lounge on purpose. ;)

stsinner
03-19-2009, 11:01 AM
Lighten up, Francis. This is the Lounge. :D

Then pour me a drink....

And who the hell is Francis? I want to get the joke if it's made at my expense.

Rebel Yell
03-19-2009, 11:08 AM
You mean I'll have to start waxing my own balls?:confused:;)

noonwitch
03-19-2009, 11:14 AM
Then pour me a drink....

And who the hell is Francis? I want to get the joke if it's made at my expense.

Watch Stripes, starring Bill Murray.

stsinner
03-19-2009, 11:18 AM
Watch Stripes, starring Bill Murray.

Ahh... Now I get it, and I had to laugh at myself...

Gingersnap
03-19-2009, 11:22 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrllCZw8jiM&feature=player_embedded

stsinner
03-19-2009, 11:31 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrllCZw8jiM&feature=player_embedded

Call me Francis again, and I'll kill ya!

Gingersnap
03-19-2009, 11:36 AM
Call me Francis again, and I'll kill ya!

Great! Just what this board needs - another psycho. :p

You're just upset becasue this ban on genital waxing will interfere with your monthly Manzillian, aren't you? :D

stsinner
03-19-2009, 11:40 AM
You're just upset becasue this ban on genital waxing will interfere with your monthly Manzillian, aren't you? :D

That's bi-weekly. Nobody likes a stubbly sack.

This is going to drive people into the alleys to get black-market Brazilians!! People could die!

PoliCon
03-19-2009, 11:43 AM
This is just another misguieded attempt at ending deforestation caused by global warming. :p

Rebel Yell
03-19-2009, 11:43 AM
You could always win the free laser hair removal advertised at the top of the page.:D

PoliCon
03-19-2009, 11:44 AM
You could always win the free laser hair removal advertised at the top of the page.:D

huh?:confused:

Gingersnap
03-19-2009, 11:48 AM
huh?:confused:

That always goes to the top of the google ads when Rebel posts. I guess that says something about his posting content. :eek:

PoliCon
03-19-2009, 11:50 AM
AH! that explains it. I used firefox with adblock. No ads :cool:

stsinner
03-19-2009, 11:52 AM
AH! that explains it. I used firefox with adblock. No ads :cool:

Me, too.. Lovin' it...

Rebel Yell
03-19-2009, 12:15 PM
That always goes to the top of the google ads when Rebel posts. I guess that says something about his posting content. :eek:

Well, Iam a hairy beast.:D

Gingersnap
03-19-2009, 12:34 PM
Well, Iam a hairy beast.:D

Oh, Lord! Don't we know it? :p

Rebel Yell
03-19-2009, 12:34 PM
Oh, Lord! Don't we know it? :p

Don't make me find the picture.;):p

PoliCon
03-19-2009, 12:36 PM
Don't make me find the picture.;):p

should I be afraid? :confused:

Rebel Yell
03-19-2009, 12:51 PM
should I be afraid? :confused:

Very afraid.

linda22003
03-19-2009, 12:52 PM
More of the tattoos than the hair. :p

Rebel Yell
03-19-2009, 12:59 PM
More of the tattoos than the hair. :p

I'm just a regular ruffian.:eek:

bijou
03-20-2009, 04:38 PM
NJ scraps plans to ban genital waxing
By BETH DeFALCO 1 hour ago

TRENTON, N.J. (AP) New Jersey is smoothing out differences over a plan to ban bare-it-all bikini waxing.

The state is reversing course on the proposal after angry salon owners complained about losing business ahead of swimsuit season.

...link (http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hYJA5QKwvKKvIytyaA3Jo2635SggD971VBKG0)

Relax pain fans, there won't be a ban. :D

megimoo
03-20-2009, 06:04 PM
You mean I'll have to start waxing my own balls?:confused:;)You could simply dip them in hot wax !