PDA

View Full Version : Footloose Friday

linda22003
03-20-2009, 06:51 AM
Warming up in Washington; it will be around sixty both days this weekend. Sunny and bright this morning, like life in general. :)

TOTD: I'm getting the urge to wander again. Just two months left till we go to Alaska. Yesterday I was looking at apartments in Paris again, since we're going back next winter.

If you spent a year abroad, which country would you choose? France is on my mind, so that would likely be my choice. We do plan to do that when we retire - pick a place abroad and spend six months to a year there. That's a good reason to streamline our belongings at home, so we don't have so much to put in storage!

Where would you go? And yes, it has to be outside the United States.

movie buff
03-20-2009, 06:58 AM
TOTD: Australia.

Space Gravy
03-20-2009, 07:35 AM
Upper 60's sunny and dry.

TOTD: I really liked my Bermuda vacation.

SaintLouieWoman
03-20-2009, 08:29 AM
It's been in the 60's and 70's this week. Now it's in the 30's, but going up to the mid 50's.

TOTD: If the trip abroad were for a month, I'd consider Iceland. I've been there twice and enjoyed the peace and serenity. Longer than that I'd think would be very boring and the bad weather would set in. I'm talking about a month mid summer.

For an extended period I'd prefer the UK. I loved a visit to Wales and Scotland, and would love the countryside of Great Britain. The bustle of London was nice for a few days, but wouldn't be relaxing enough for me. I could definitely see a six month visit there.

Gingersnap
03-20-2009, 08:58 AM
It's excellent weather for the first day of Spring out here. I saw a forsythia (in a protected area) that was an explosion of yellow. It was a very cheerful sight. :)

TOTD: I don't have much interest in staying one place if I went abroad. I would prefer to plan out a leisurely tour of all in the really interesting cathedrals and shrines in Europe. I'd start in Scandinavia and end up in Turkey.

PoliCon
03-20-2009, 10:58 AM
Stuck at home and imobile due to back pain. :(

TOTD - Eire. Beautiful Island. Terrific people. Been there twice already. I'd open a mission so I'd have to go either to Dublin or Belfast.

linda22003
03-20-2009, 11:09 AM
TOTD - Erie. Beautiful Island. Terrific people. Been there twice already. I'd open a mission so I'd have to go either to Dublin or Belfast.

Sorry about your back. :( Do you mean "Erin"? I know it's hard to get Pennsylvanians to leave home, and Erie IS in Pennsylvania. :D

PoliCon
03-20-2009, 11:20 AM
Sorry about your back. :( Do you mean "Erin"? I know it's hard to get Pennsylvanians to leave home, and Erie IS in Pennsylvania. :D

no not erin. but I did have a typo - which i fixed. :p

Erin would be grammatically improper.

JB
03-20-2009, 07:11 PM
First day of Spring. Thank you Jesus.
which country would you choose?Wyoming.

Bubba Dawg
03-20-2009, 08:39 PM
Great thought of the day.

I think I would choose Spain or Italy. Hard choice. If I had to narrow it down, I'd say Italy.

I would have said Scotland but I don't know how to order 'scotch' there. I'd feel awkward. What would I say?

linda22003
03-21-2009, 05:00 AM
Great thought of the day.

I think I would choose Spain or Italy. Hard choice. If I had to narrow it down, I'd say Italy.

I would have said Scotland but I don't know how to order 'scotch' there. I'd feel awkward. What would I say?

"Uisge beathe" - (wish-ka ba-ha) ..."the water of life". It's the origin of the word whisky - which you could just ask for as long as there's no "e" in whisky!

Bubba Dawg
03-21-2009, 06:19 AM
"Uisge beathe" - (wish-ka ba-ha) ..."the water of life". It's the origin of the word whisky - which you could just ask for as long as there's no "e" in whisky!

My but you are wise. I'll bet you're beautiful and talented as well.

I am smitten.

linda22003
03-21-2009, 08:57 AM
My but you are wise. I'll bet you're beautiful and talented as well.

I am smitten.

What can I say? You have me pegged, all right. I raise a Lagavulin in your direction. Well.... later in the day, anyway.

Water Closet
03-21-2009, 09:05 AM
What can I say? You have me pegged, all right. I raise a Lagavulin in your direction. Well.... later in the day, anyway.

It's always after noon somewhere in the world! :D

PoliCon
03-21-2009, 10:45 AM
What can I say? You have me pegged, all right. I raise a Lagavulin in your direction. Well.... later in the day, anyway.I though you said he had your pegged leg . . . .

Bubba Dawg
03-21-2009, 05:05 PM
It's always after noon somewhere in the world! :D

This is very true. I suppose it can be too early in the morning to have a drink, but I should think that is never too late on the previous night for a nightcap.

Proportion and Priopriety, as I think it's Ginger who says.

Bubba Dawg
03-21-2009, 05:08 PM
I though you said he had your pegged leg . . . .

If she did have a pegged leg it would be the Heather Mills type which would allow her to trip the light fantastic.

She knows not to put an e is whisky so I plan to suck up to her in a major way. :cool:

And, she can spell.

linda22003
03-21-2009, 05:30 PM
If she did have a pegged leg it would be the Heather Mills type which would allow her to trip the light fantastic.

She knows not to put an e is whisky so I plan to suck up to her in a major way. :cool:

And, she can spell.

It's Lagavulin time. Cheers, BD. :)

Bubba Dawg
03-21-2009, 05:36 PM
It's Lagavulin time. Cheers, BD. :)

I am in awe of you...

linda22003
03-21-2009, 05:36 PM
Don't overdo, now. The Balvenie is all mine. :D