PDA

View Full Version : The Never-Ending Lie About Compassion

PoliCon
03-20-2009, 10:34 PM
The Never-Ending Lie About Compassion (http://regularfolksunited.com/index.php?tab=article_view&article_id=1244)

Date: Sunday, March 15, 2009, 10:33 PM EDT, 10:33 PM EDT from Ron Miller

I was watching a clip of D.L. Hughley Breaks the News, something I shouldn't do without taking medication. During the course of the show, the host repeated and the guest affirmed a lie that has been told by liberals about conservatives so often that people accept it as gospel, and I'm here to declare, "Enough!"

Mr. Hughley was interviewing Ron Reagan, the wayward son of Ronald and Nancy Reagan, about President Obama's recent decision to reverse the ban on federal funding for embryonic stem cell research.

It wasn't just them crowing about a morally bankrupt policy that claims to be strictly about science when, in fact, it ignores the demonstrated success of scientists in using adult stem cells to heal people and replicate embryonic stem cells so no unborn children have to be destroyed.

It was the statement Mr. Hughley made about people who defend life not caring about people once they're born. This blatant lie has been refuted by the facts time and again and even a liberal columnist for the New York Times, Nicholas Kristoff, recently complained in a New York Times column titled "Bleeding Heart Tightwads" about how miserly liberals are compared to conservatives when it comes to charity.

Just because we don't belive in compulsory "trickle-down" charity through government bureaucracy doesn't mean we don't care. In fact, our caring is on display in communities across America every single day. I challenge D.L. Hughley and Ron Reagan to outgive, outserve and outlove regular folks.

Here's an illustration that even a liberal should understand. My home church operates the county's largest food pantry, staffed by volunteers and stocked by the generosity of the congregation and the local community. In 2008, we fed over 5,800 families in our small county of 88,223 people.

There are 31.8 million people in America on food stamps, and there are 3,141 counties or similar jurisdictions in the U.S. If every county fed 5,800 hungry families, over 182 million families - not individuals - would be cared for, dwarfing the number of food stamp recipients.
continued (http://regularfolksunited.com/index.php?tab=article_view&article_id=1244)