PDA

View Full Version : Man recovers after `killer bee' attack in NV

PoliCon
03-22-2009, 10:53 PM
Man recovers after `killer bee' attack in NV (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2009/03/21/state/n165950D41.DTL&tsp=1)

Sunday, March 22, 2009

A 53-year-old man remained hospitalized Sunday, a day after being stung "a couple thousand times" in what authorities are calling the worst bee attack around Las Vegas in 20 years.

The man accidentally disturbed a nest of Africanized honey bees, also known as "killer bees," when he overturned a boulder while operating a backhoe, Clark County Fire Department spokesman Scott Allison said Sunday.

He was listed in stable condition Sunday in the intensive care unit at St. Rose Dominican Hospital-Siena campus.

Hospital spokeswoman Kim Haley said the man was stung a couple thousand times, and it was uncertain how long he would have to remain hospitalized.

CONTINUED Oh fun! I've always wanted to be stung a couple of thousand times . . . .:rolleyes: I got stung 13 times when I was a kid - by wasps . . . . nearly died from that. Luckily the ambulance had GREAT response time given we lived 10 miles from town and had to drive 20 to the hospital . . . .