PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone concerned?

AlmostThere
03-23-2009, 01:03 AM
I was just reading about some of our glorious leader's upcoming pet projects. We're already seeing changes to our economy and government I never thought I'd see in my lifetime. I don't want to be a doom and gloomer, really. But is anyone concerned that we'll wake up one day in the very near future and the country we know will be changed to the point that we cannot get it back? If so, what can possibly be done to reverse course before it's to late. I mean can you imagine an American President saying he wants to control the pay of execs in banking, Wall Street, and possible other industries whether they've taken bail-out money or not? What is going to stop this madness?

PoliCon
03-23-2009, 09:00 AM
I was just reading about some of our glorious leader's upcoming pet projects. We're already seeing changes to our economy and government I never thought I'd see in my lifetime. I don't want to be a doom and gloomer, really. But is anyone concerned that we'll wake up one day in the very near future and the country we know will be changed to the point that we cannot get it back? If so, what can possibly be done to reverse course before it's to late. I mean can you imagine an American President saying he wants to control the pay of execs in banking, Wall Street, and possible other industries whether they've taken bail-out money or not? What is going to stop this madness?

Same thing that has stopped it in Venezuela. :rolleyes:

VWkid06
03-23-2009, 09:13 AM
sadly too many ignorant americans are still in the honey moon phase with messaih obama (even if the "smarter" leftists are starting to realize it already) and we will never see anything done about it until its too late, unfortunately.

AlmostThere
03-23-2009, 09:57 AM
Same thing that has stopped it in Venezuela. :rolleyes:

Our problem is that he has the House, there aren't a lot of moderate Dem Senators, and he has the MSM. In recent votes, has there been a single Democrat in the Senate who broken ranks? If the W.H. is successful in getting control of the census, they could cement control of the House for a generation or more. Under our current system, Reid and Pelosi can quell practically any dissent. With the troika of Obama, Pelosi and Reid-the-idiot, I am genuinely concerned that tremendous, if not irreparable, harm will be done. And it seems like all we can do is watch and wring our hands.

Sen. Gregg says Obama's budget will bankrupt America. He knows economics and I don't think he is a partisan. Do you think Gregg will get a lot of face-time to tell his side of the story. I doubt it.

The MSM is heavily invested in Obama. They put a totally unknown quantity in the White House at one of the most precarious times in our history. They are not going to turn around now and say his policies are disastrous for our country. I am sincerely afraid for our country.

On Edit:

These are just internal considerations. What about international?
From Poland:
"When we started discussing this with the United States, the U.S. assured us they would persuade the Russians that it was purely defensive and it would be a non-controversial decision," he told the annual Brussels Forum conference.

"We signed with the old administration; we patiently wait for the new administration, and we hope we don't regret our trust in the United States," he said, adding that Russia had continued to threaten to deploy missiles near Poland if the shield were deployed.

At the same event, U.S. Congresswoman Ellen Tauscher, who is expected to be named the new U.S. under secretary for arms control and international security, said the missile system would not be deployed until it had been proven to work.

What allies will trust our word again?

stsinner
03-23-2009, 10:13 AM
Sen. Gregg says Obama's budget will bankrupt America. He knows economics and I don't think he is a partisan. Do you think Gregg will get a lot of face-time to tell his side of the story. I doubt it.

Well, luckily he's on Drudge with the story today, and Drudge is pretty huge...

AlmostThere
03-23-2009, 10:29 AM
Well, luckily he's on Drudge with the story today, and Drudge is pretty huge...

I saw the headline this morning on Drudge. Big bold letters. Look at Drudge now. Not a mention of it anywhere on the page. The headline now is "Obama to the Rescue!"