PDA

View Full Version : Fannie, Freddie to pay out bonuses

patriot45
03-24-2009, 12:08 PM
Talk about your double standards! (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0309/20371.html)

Fannie and Freddie are paying out those bonuses anyway – regardless of Barney Frank’s demands and the populist furor over AIG’s bonus payouts.

Frank, the chairman of the Financial Services Committee, sent a letter Friday to James Lockhart, the federal regulator overseeing Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, asking him to rescind retention bonuses of at least $1 million planned for four top executives over the next two years.

But in letter obtained by POLITICO, Lockhart tells Frank there’s a “great risk” of key employees walking away if they don’t pay out the promised bonuses. These Fannie and Freddie employee retention programs were established because federal officials believed top executives will play a critical role in ensuring the successful turnaround of the companies.

PoliCon
03-24-2009, 07:15 PM
I really don't think people realize what exactly a retention bonus is. :sigh:

patriot45
03-24-2009, 10:10 PM
I really don't think people realize what exactly a retention bonus is. :sigh:

Dont matter, wealth envy is the word of the day in the 0 administration!

PoliCon
03-24-2009, 10:15 PM
Yes but I'm not even sure how many people HERE know what a retention bonus is . . . . :(

patriot45
03-24-2009, 10:21 PM
Dude, most of us know, if you want here is the short version. You are a sinking ship and you need to keep some key people on to right that ship before you let them go. But to do that you have to sweeten the pot, or else they will go to greener pastures. But wealth envy stopped that number. So watch, any one with the pull and the know how are going to leave these sinking ships! Good move Moonbat congress!

Oh yeah, it was only going to cost 1/10 of 1% of any bail out money! Less then what the congress critters put in as pork for studying the spotted owls shitting preferences!

PoliCon
03-24-2009, 10:24 PM
Dude, most of us know, if you want here is the short version. You are a sinking ship and you need to keep some key people on to right that ship before you let them go. But to do that you have to sweeten the pot, or else they will go to greener pastures. But wealth envy stopped that number. So watch, any one with the pull and the know how are going to leave these sinking ships! Good move Moonbat congress!

Oh yeah, it was only going to cost 1/10 of 1% of any bail out money! Less then what the congress critters put in as pork for studying the spotted owls shitting preferences!

But I don't think that most people here do know since so many here are against those bonuses. :(

patriot45
03-24-2009, 10:27 PM
It was a great diversionary tactic, you must admit! :mad:

PoliCon
03-24-2009, 11:07 PM
It was a great diversionary tactic, you must admit! :mad:

yes it is - and it pisses me off that conservatives are getting suckered in by it!:mad::mad::mad: