PDA

View Full Version : Winter Wednesday

Gingersnap
03-25-2009, 08:51 AM
The mountains have been getting a lot of snow and more is on the way for today and tomorrow. I hope this storm also covers the eastern part of the state. The winter wheat farmers can really use the moisture.

TOTD: How do you dress for work? Today somebody complimented me on what I was wearing but followed it up with "You're always so dressed up! How do you do it?". I am not "dressed up" by my own standards but I'm wearing grown-up, professional clothing. Since I spent years being forced to wear throw-away jeans and teeshirts because of the acid damage, I like to wear nicer things now that I can.

Do you dress differently for work than for play? Is a professional look important for your job (or your mental health)? Would you wear pajamas to work if you could get away with it?

linda22003
03-25-2009, 08:57 AM
I used to have to be VERY dressed up for work; then I joined a firm full of engineers and my fashion level declined. Now I try to look professional and comfortable, which mostly involves cashmere sweaters and pants from Eileen Fisher (http://eileenfisher.com/scripts/ecatalogisapi.dll/group?group=1125915570&Template=9990000001001999).

Rebel Yell
03-25-2009, 08:59 AM
Work: Khakis and Cotton States Polo.

Off Work: Cotton shorts, jeans, or jorts, and T shirt. If I leave the house, I'm naked without a hat.

Gingersnap
03-25-2009, 09:07 AM
I used to have to be VERY dressed up for work; then I joined a firm full of engineers and my fashion level declined. Now I try to look professional and comfortable, which mostly involves cashmere sweaters and pants from Eileen Fisher (http://eileenfisher.com/scripts/ecatalogisapi.dll/group?group=1125915570&Template=9990000001001999).

Thanks for the link! I don't usually wear pants to work unless it's really cold or sloppy out. I don't think I look all that great in pants. :(

Rebel Yell
03-25-2009, 09:08 AM

Off Work: Cotton shorts, jeans, or jorts, and T shirt. If I leave the house, I'm naked without a hat.

One note: On Wednesday and Friday, we wear jeans to work.

linda22003
03-25-2009, 09:08 AM
I like Eileen Fishers because they come in different lengths; otherwise I spend my life in alterations getting everything shortened. :mad:

Rebel Yell
03-25-2009, 09:09 AM

I like Eileen Fishers because they come in different lengths; otherwise I spend my life in alterations getting everything shortened. :mad:

That's funny, my wife can't find anything long enough.

asdf2231
03-25-2009, 09:14 AM
TOTD

I do wear pajamas to 'work'. :D

When I am doing disaster relief we have what is almost a uniform. Cargo pocket shorts, t-shirts and hiking boots. If I am working as a Government Liaison I substitute cargo pocket Khakis for the shorts and a polo for the t-shirt.

It don't get more comfortable than that.

linda22003
03-25-2009, 09:15 AM
Are you suggesting that I mail her the ten inches or so of fabric that gets cut off all the regular-length pants I have bought? :p

Rebel Yell
03-25-2009, 09:18 AM
Are you suggesting that I mail her the ten inches or so of fabric that gets cut off all the regular-length pants I have bought? :p

It's just funny after always hearing nothing is long enough (or if it is, it's for fat people) to hear nothing is short enough.

patriot45
03-25-2009, 01:03 PM
Gorgeous day in Florida! Again! :D

TOTD: All year round, shorts, sneaks and a golf shirt! Off work, shorts, sneaks and tank top!

Hey Rebel, did you say you wear skorts!?!:D

PoliCon
03-25-2009, 02:17 PM
TOTD - what ever I want. In the summer that means shorts a casual shirt and flip flops. Right now I have on khaki's a navy blue button down and a pair of no skid clogs.