PDA

View Full Version : McCain busted on taxes

Eyelids
06-29-2008, 03:14 AM
When you're poor, it can be hard to pay the bills. When you're rich, it's hard to keep track of all the bills that need paying. It's a lesson Cindy McCain learned the hard way when NEWSWEEK raised questions about an overdue property-tax bill on a La Jolla, Calif., property owned by a trust that she oversees. Mrs. McCain is a beer heiress with an estimated $100 million fortune and, along with her husband, she owns at least seven properties, including condos in California and Arizona.

San Diego County officials, it turns out, have been sending out tax notices on the La Jolla property, an oceanfront condo, for four years without receiving a response. County records show the bills, which were mailed to a Phoenix address associated with Mrs. McCain's trust, were returned by the post office. ."

http://www.newsweek.com/id/143775/

Constitutionally Speaking
06-29-2008, 06:42 AM
When you're poor, it can be hard to pay the bills. When you're rich, it's hard to keep track of all the bills that need paying. It's a lesson Cindy McCain learned the hard way when NEWSWEEK raised questions about an overdue property-tax bill on a La Jolla, Calif., property owned by a trust that she oversees. Mrs. McCain is a beer heiress with an estimated $100 million fortune and, along with her husband, she owns at least seven properties, including condos in California and Arizona.

San Diego County officials, it turns out, have been sending out tax notices on the La Jolla property, an oceanfront condo, for four years without receiving a response. County records show the bills, which were mailed to a Phoenix address associated with Mrs. McCain's trust, were returned by the post office. ."

They were returned by the Post Office. Do you know what that means??? The McCains NEVER received the bills.

megimoo
06-29-2008, 08:22 AM
They were returned by the Post Office. Do you know what that means??? The McCains NEVER received the bills.He is reading from the 'Big Book of Liberal Talking Points',they just wind up his little pointed head and off he goes !

nightflight
06-29-2008, 08:31 AM

No doubt, McCain is not the man I or many other conservatives want in the White House. But the alternative...................yikes.

megimoo
06-29-2008, 08:52 AM
No doubt, McCain is not the man I or many other conservatives want in the White House. But the alternative...................yikes.Obama,the mystery man from ......Kenya!

newshutr
06-29-2008, 12:00 PM
They were returned by the Post Office. Do you know what that means??? The McCains NEVER received the bills.

I find it very difficult for Eyelids Not to understand that. He has to have a postal worker in his family somewhere.

Zathras
06-29-2008, 12:04 PM
I find it very difficult for Eyelids Not to understand that. He has to have a postal worker in his family somewhere.

Naw, I don't think the gutless wonder Eyelids ever had a family member with that good of a job. His family works in the service industry, asking "you want fries with that?".

Kimberly
06-29-2008, 12:04 PM
Here's the part the lefty blogs conviently leave out:

According to a McCain campaign aide, who requested anonymity when discussing a private matter, an elderly aunt of Mrs. McCain's lives in the condo, and the bank that manages the trust has not been receiving tax bills on the property.

So apparently contrary to the perception the MSM is trying to create, Mrs. McCain is generously taking care of an elderly relative.

lacarnut
06-29-2008, 01:00 PM
This is about as newsworthy as a man that claimed to have a HOMOSEXUAL affair with Obama. Wonder who was doing the pitching and catching.

Seriously, if you do not pay your property taxes, the county seizes your property and sells it. Of course a dumb ass black like Eyelids would not know that because he does own a house, a car and probably not even a bicycle.

MrsSmith
06-29-2008, 01:29 PM
Here's the part the lefty blogs conviently leave out:

So apparently contrary to the perception the MSM is trying to create, Mrs. McCain is generously taking care of an elderly relative.

As it is completely incomprehensible to a lib that someone might GIVE their own money to care for another person, 'lids probably won't understand this point any better than the failure to deliver by the post office.

Rebel Yell
06-30-2008, 01:29 PM
Naw, I don't think the gutless wonder Eyelids ever had a family member with a job. His family is on disability, asking "it's the third yet?".

Fixed for accuracy.;)

ReaganForRus
06-30-2008, 03:55 PM
This is about as newsworthy as a man that claimed to have a HOMOSEXUAL affair with Obama. Wonder who was doing the pitching and catching.

Seriously, if you do not pay your property taxes, the county seizes your property and sells it. Of course a dumb ass black like Eyelids would not know that because he does own a house, a car and probably not even a bicycle.

BHO was catching............they kept grabbing his ears:D

lacarnut
06-30-2008, 04:27 PM
BHO was catching............they kept grabbing his ears:D

You gave me my laugh for the day; glad I was not drinking a soda. 5 stars for that one.

rjas77
06-30-2008, 05:54 PM
Eyelids closed pwns himself once again

biccat
07-01-2008, 09:59 AM
You mean the McCain's aren't throwing an elderly relative under the bus in the name of political expediency?

Bastards!

Eyelids
07-01-2008, 01:56 PM
Better watch where you fling the elitist claims what with McCain 7 houses and heiress wife.

linda22003
07-01-2008, 01:58 PM
Is there a problem with more than one residence, and an heiress wife?

http://www.foxnews.com/photo_essay/photoessay_202_images/kerry_teresa_350.jpg

lacarnut
07-01-2008, 02:06 PM
Better watch where you fling the elitist claims what with McCain 7 houses and heiress wife.

You are just green with envy aren't you.

Zeus
07-01-2008, 02:06 PM

Tis a rare occassion when they do that. Normally they will just levy a tax lien against the property. So what if it takes yrs to collect,the penalty and interest clock is running all that time.

lacarnut
07-01-2008, 02:50 PM
Tis a rare occassion when they do that. Normally they will just levy a tax lien against the property. So what if it takes yrs to collect,the penalty and interest clock is running all that time.

That may be true; however, each parish (county) in LA sets it own assessment property tax rates and rules.

Eyelids
07-01-2008, 03:09 PM
Is there a problem with more than one residence, and an heiress wife?

http://www.foxnews.com/photo_essay/photoessay_202_images/kerry_teresa_350.jpg

John Kerry couldn't beat the most unpopular president in U.S. history, that tells you something about his candidacy...

linda22003
07-01-2008, 03:10 PM
I'm just pointing out that the same situation exists on both sides. Politics isn't a poor man's game.

Eyelids
07-01-2008, 03:11 PM
Oh I see your point, I was just pointing out hypocrisy in politics (like it needs to be pointed out).

rjas77
07-01-2008, 08:57 PM
John Kerry couldn't beat the most unpopular president in U.S. history, that tells you something about his candidacy...

I believe that honor goes to "Jimma Carter", but then that's not the point is it? The point being is that Sen. Kerry is a mirror image to Sen. Obama except one is White and the other is Black.

They both hate America

lacarnut
07-02-2008, 12:59 AM

The Dummiecrats keep nominating the most liberal Yankees Senators (Gore & Kerry); Obama will make it 3 for 3 in the loss column come November. The radical left will never learn.

AmPat
07-03-2008, 05:18 AM
As it is completely incomprehensible to a lib that someone might GIVE their own money to care for another person, 'lids probably won't understand this point any better than the failure to deliver by the post office.

Actually, I think our resident troll has a point. The McCains cannot afford the property tax so they would rather let the property be sold off in a tax sale. Who would want this terrible blight of a property. McCains must be poor white trash.:rolleyes:
Eyelids, you're an imbecile.

John
07-03-2008, 05:38 AM
No doubt, McCain is not the man I or many other conservatives want in the White House. But the alternative...................yikes.

I agree with this sentiment. However, it's the "conservative", "Republican" party "core" who nominated the asshole.....so you decide which is more broken....our candidate or our party?

lacarnut
07-04-2008, 05:46 PM
I agree with this sentiment. However, it's the "conservative", "Republican" party "core" who nominated the asshole.....so you decide which is more broken....our candidate or our party?

Republicians were absolutely, positively sure that the Democratic nominee would be Hillary. So the party faithfuls lowered the bar and picked someone who they thought would stand a better chance of defeating her rather than picking a true conservative. Shit happens and that's how the cow ate the cabbage. With the exception of the Huck, I think any of the top Repubs could beat Obama.

Goldwater
07-05-2008, 11:13 AM
Republicians were absolutely, positively sure that the Democratic nominee would be Hillary. So the party faithfuls lowered the bar and picked someone who they thought would stand a better chance of defeating her rather than picking a true conservative. Shit happens and that's how the cow ate the cabbage. With the exception of the Huck, I think any of the top Repubs could beat Obama.

Actually I think the GOP picked the one guy who stands a chance. Every single candidate sucked ass for winning an election, Romney would definately be thrown into Bush's shadow, Thompson would get get destroyed by Obama, Paul wouldn't have support of warhawks, Huck would inspire conservative revolution against him, the others speak for themselves.

LibraryLady
07-05-2008, 11:16 AM
Actually I think the GOP picked the one guy who stands a chance. Every single candidate sucked ass for winning an election, Romney would definately be thrown into Bush's shadow, Thompson would get get destroyed by Obama, Paul wouldn't have support of warhawks, Huck would inspire conservative revolution against him, the others speak for themselves.

I wuv you too, AuH2O. And I agree.

Eyelids
07-05-2008, 02:58 PM
I believe that honor goes to "Jimma Carter"
It belongs to George W. Bush.

Mr. Bush received a 66% disapproval rating in The Wall Street Journal/NBC poll for June, tying his own record for the highest ever for any president in the Journal/NBC poll. The previous highs were a 56% rating for Mr. Bush's father in late 1992, and a 50% score for President Clinton in 1993. In the long-running Gallup Poll, Mr. Bush's disapproval rating reached 69% this spring -- a record going back to the Truman administration.

Goldwater
07-05-2008, 03:03 PM
It belongs to George W. Bush.

True, but I reckon if Carter had two terms he'd get half of what Bush has.

Elspeth
07-05-2008, 06:08 PM

Surely that is the post office's fault and not CIndy McCain's. It is also possible that the McCain's thought that La Jolla property was not subject to San Diego city tax. La Jolla is a very separate area and really should not be part of the city proper at all; but San Diego wouldn't be able to fund social services in the city without the money they collect from La Jolla residents. At the same time, San Diego government leaves the La Jolla infrastructure at risk causing bursting pipes, sinkholes and mudslides when it rains.

And no, I don't live in La Jolla, but I know an elderly couple who do, and their problems with the city of San Diego have been unbelievable.