PDA

View Full Version : Heavy Snow And Blizzard Conditions On The Way!

Gingersnap
03-25-2009, 02:37 PM
http://i40.tinypic.com/2upef69.jpg

patriot45
03-25-2009, 02:52 PM
I know, I'm going to hell, but this is why I love Florida! :D

Tonight
Mar 25 Partly Cloudy 58 10 %
Thu
Mar 26 Partly Cloudy 86/61 10 %
Fri
Mar 27 Mostly Cloudy 89/64 10 %
Sat
Mar 28 Partly Cloudy 90/64 0 %
Sun
Mar 29 Isolated T-Storms 83/52 30 %
Mon
Mar 30 Sunny 82/54 0 %
Tue
Mar 31 Partly Cloudy 85/60 20 %
Wed
Apr 01 Isolated T-Storms 87/59 30 %
Thu
Apr 02 Scattered T-Storms 86/58 60 %
Fri
Apr 03 Mostly Sunny 86/58 10 %

PoliCon
03-25-2009, 02:53 PM
not for me! :p

Gingersnap
03-25-2009, 03:00 PM
This will be great for spring skiing! :)

tacitus
03-25-2009, 07:21 PM
But not great for getting to work or home from work.

Gingersnap
03-25-2009, 08:03 PM
But not great for getting to work or home from work.

Too true. I checked the models at work and it looks like it will start snowing about sunrise, crank up to heavy snow by 10:00 a.m. and continue with varying intensities for about 24 hours.

Sensibly, I'm staying home. ;)

tacitus
03-25-2009, 09:55 PM
My wife has to work, Colo Blvd/I-25 area and we live in Parker. She is spending the night in a motel since she has a meeting at 0800 in Westminster. Me - :D retired and damn glad I don't have to go anywhere.

Gingersnap
03-25-2009, 10:06 PM
My wife has to work, Colo Blvd/I-25 area and we live in Parker. She is spending the night in a motel since she has a meeting at 0800 in Westminster. Me - :D retired and damn glad I don't have to go anywhere.

I feel for her and she's smart. That drive is miserable when the weather is bad. I...2...3... on the pointless milk and toilet paper runs.

Gingersnap
03-26-2009, 01:18 PM
We're in a whiteout. Schools are closed and most businesses are going home early. Earlier the skiing was great but now the conditions suck. Needless to say - I'm not going anywhere. Even shoveling is pointless.

Teetop
03-26-2009, 03:19 PM
We're in a whiteout. Schools are closed and most businesses are going home early. Earlier the skiing was great but now the conditions suck. Needless to say - I'm not going anywhere. Even shoveling is pointless.

Damn, I miss skiing! We are going to get it, with the possibility of 20 foot drifts. :eek:

I live south of Hereford. (http://www.srh.noaa.gov/ama/)

asdf2231
03-26-2009, 07:17 PM
Severe Weather Alert

MARQUETTE-GREEN LAKE-FOND DU LAC- SHEBOYGAN-SAUK-COLUMBIA-DODGE- WASHINGTON-OZAUKEE-IOWA-DANE-JEFFERSON- WAUKESHA-MILWAUKEE- LAFAYETTE-GREEN- ROCK-WALWORTH-RACINE-KENOSHA- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...MONTELLO... BERLIN...FOND DU LAC... SHEBOYGAN... BARABOO...PORTAGE...WISCONSIN DELLS... BEAVER DAM... WEST BEND...PORT WASHINGTON...DODGEVILLE...MADISON... JEFFERSON... LAKE MILLS...WAUKESHA... BROOKFIELD...MILWAUKEE...DARLINGTON... MONROE...JANESVILLE...BELOIT... ELKHORN...LAKE GENEVA...RACINE... KENOSHA 419 PM CDT THU MAR 26 2009
...WINTER STORM POSSIBLE LATE SATURDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH SATURDAY NIGHT...

LOW PRESSURE WILL GATHER STRENGTH OVER TEXAS TONIGHT AND BEGIN TO TRACK NORTHEAST FRIDAY. WHILE THE EXACT TRACK OF THE LOW IS STILL UNCERTAIN... MODELS ARE BEGINNING TO AGREE THE LOW WILL TRACK FROM ARKANSAS SATURDAY MORNING TO SOUTHERN LOWER MICHIGAN BY LATE SATURDAY NIGHT.

ABUNDANT MOISTURE STREAMING NORTHWARD AHEAD OF THE LOW WILL WRAP AROUND AND GENERATE SNOW LATE SATURDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH SATURDAY NIGHT ACROSS SOUTHERN WISCONSIN. A NARROW BAND OF HEAVY SNOW COULD SET UP ALONG AND SOUTHEAST OF A LINE FROM JANESVILLE TO SHEBOYGAN. ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE ALSO POSSIBLE...WHICH COULD LEAD TO RAPID ACCUMULATIONS OF SNOW...ESPECIALLY NEAR THE MILWAUKEE METRO AREA.

CURRENT INDICATIONS SUGGEST SNOWFALL ACCUMULATIONS WILL RANGE FROM 6 TO 9 INCHES ACROSS MUCH OF SOUTHEAST WISCONSIN... TAPERING OFF RAPIDLY TO AROUND 3 INCHES NEAR THE WISCONSIN DELLS. LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS ARE POSSIBLE WHERE THE HEAVIEST BAND OF SNOW SETS UP AND PERSISTS FOR A PROLONGED PERIOD OF TIME.

IN ADDITION...NORTHEAST WINDS WILL STRENGTHEN TO 15 TO 25 MPH... GUSTING UP TO 35 MPH. AS A RESULT...AREAS OF BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW ARE POSSIBLE SATURDAY NIGHT.

Crap on toast! :mad:

SarasotaRepub
03-26-2009, 09:14 PM
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e3/Tjotjog/Tjojtog1/24818BPThe-Simpsons-Nelson-Haha-Pos.jpg

:D

AHeneen
03-27-2009, 03:32 AM
I would otherwise laugh with the others, but it's been incredibly dry and hot the last few months...

Orlando Executive Airport
Lat: 28.55 Lon: -81.33 Elev: 105
Last Update on Mar 27, 3:53 am EDT

Fair

68 F Unfortunately you have to get up really early to enjoy that...by 11 it's waayyy too hot outside.
(20 C)
Humidity: 85 %
Wind Speed: S 12 MPH
Barometer: 29.92" (1013.3 mb)
Dewpoint: 60 F (16 C)
Visibility: 10.00 mi

Today: Partly sunny, with a high near 85. South wind between 10 and 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.

Tonight: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 66. South wind between 5 and 10 mph.

Saturday: A 10 percent chance of showers after 2pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 90. (UGH!!! :mad:)South wind between 10 and 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.

Saturday Night: A slight chance of showers, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 67. South wind between 10 and 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Sunday: A chance of showers and thunderstorms before 2pm, then a slight chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 80. Windy, with a southwest wind between 15 and 20 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Sunday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 58. West wind between 5 and 15 mph.

Monday: Sunny, with a high near 83. North northwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm.

I'd happily trade this for a few days of snow and cool temps!

SarasotaRepub
03-27-2009, 05:54 PM
Oops!!! Maybe I shouldn't have Ha-Ha'd so early!!! :eek:

Issued by The National Weather Service
St. Louis, MO
4:10 pm CDT, Fri., Mar. 27, 2009

... WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM SATURDAY EVENING THROUGH SUNDAY MORNING...
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN ST LOUIS HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WATCH... WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM SATURDAY EVENING THROUGH SUNDAY MORNING.

AT THIS TIME... RAIN IS EXPECTED TO CHANGE TO SNOW SATURDAY EVENING WITH LARGE SNOWFLAKES ALONG WITH INTENSE SNOWFALL RATES POSSIBLE. SNOWFALL AMOUNTS OF 6 INCHES OR GREATER ARE POSSIBLE ACROSS THE WATCH AREA.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! :mad::D
I hate it when those Large Snowflakes attack!!!

Gingersnap
03-27-2009, 08:47 PM
"Large snowflakes" constitute an alert for you people?

I don't believe I've even seen a watch or warning that actually specified snowflake size before. :eek:

SarasotaRepub
03-27-2009, 09:31 PM
"Large snowflakes" constitute an alert for you people?

I don't believe I've even seen a watch or warning that actually specified snowflake size before. :eek:

LOL!!! I never did either, I did a double take when I read it. :D

djones520
03-28-2009, 01:50 AM
LOL!!! I never did either, I did a double take when I read it. :D

Dependant on the type of system, most forecasters will know the type of snow that will be falling. I can honestly say that i've never advertised that to the general public though. *shrugs*

PoliCon
03-28-2009, 07:22 AM
It's not supposed to dip lower than the 40s here. We are supposed to get rain every day starting on the first though . . . . April showers and all. :)

SarasotaRepub
03-28-2009, 07:57 AM
Dependant on the type of system, most forecasters will know the type of snow that will be falling. I can honestly say that i've never advertised that to the general public though. *shrugs*

Aha! I knew it. A snowflake conspiracy!!:mad::D

Warning doesn't seem as dire this morning...

Issued by The National Weather Service
St. Louis, MO
7:02 am CDT, Sat., Mar. 28, 2009

... WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM THIS EVENING TO 4 AM CDT SUNDAY...
A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM THIS EVENING TO 4 AM CDT SUNDAY.

RAIN IS EXPECTED TO CHANGE TO SNOW THIS EVENING AND CONTINUE OVERNIGHT. A TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 2 TO 5 INCHES IS EXPECTED TO OCCUR... WITH LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS POSSIBLE. THE COMBINATION OF A STRONG AND GUSTY NORTH WIND AND LARGE WET SNOWFLAKES WILL REDUCE THE VISIBILITY BELOW ONE MILE AT TIMES TONIGHT.

A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY MEANS THAT UP TO 5 INCHES OF SNOW IS EXPECTED ACROSS THE ADVISORY AREA. ROADS MAY RAPIDLY BECOME SLIPPERY ONCE THE SNOW BEGINS... SO MOTORISTS SHOULD PLAN FOR A SLOWER THAN NORMAL TRIP. BE ESPECIALLY ALERT WHEN APPROACHING BRIDGES... OVERPASSES... AND CURVES.

:rolleyes::D