PDA

View Full Version : I gots a new Man Toy!!

asdf2231
03-25-2009, 07:31 PM
http://www.charbroil.com/bps/char-broil/char-broil/series/images/1_1_psid431_regular.jpg

The Char-Broil Red!

Flavor for you. The 100% infrared heat sears in flavor and keeps foods moist and juicy, not dried out. Simply drop wood chips through the grates and watch them start to smoke on the u. A wide temperature range for intense searing at the cooking surface down to slow-and-low barbequing and rotisserie cooking.

Infrared heat locks in moisture and flavor
Porcelain coated cast iron grates
Integrated push and turn electronic ignition
750 sq. In of cook surface with 3 stainless steel burners

The thing will get up to 700 degrees and with the way the U-Pan is set up you can use a wide variety of wood chips for flavor with minimal fuss. Easy clean up too as you just brush away the cinders when you are done..

No flare ups either.

I can't wait to try this out tomorrow!! :D

Gingersnap
03-25-2009, 08:00 PM
Mr. Snaps looked at those. I pointed out that we currently have 5 BBQs (and yes, all of them get used heavily during the summer) and that his BBQ denomination is Holy Wood and Sacred Charcoal.

He passed. :D

asdf2231
03-25-2009, 09:10 PM
Mr. Snaps looked at those. I pointed out that we currently have 5 BBQs (and yes, all of them get used heavily during the summer) and that his BBQ denomination is Holy Wood and Sacred Charcoal.

He passed. :D

There are Charcol Americans and Propane Americans.

Like Methodists and Catholics with meat. :p

PoliCon
03-25-2009, 09:13 PM
I prefer the stainless steel one myself - and I also prefer gas. What I need to find are the little briquettes that my grandfather used to get for his gas grill that added a mesquite flavor . . . .

Gingersnap
03-25-2009, 09:40 PM
There are Charcol Americans and Propane Americans.

Like Methodists and Catholics with meat. :p

Apparently, we are Primitive Baptists with a touch of old line Presbyterian thought in terms of BBQ. He even suits the woods to the meats. Seriously. Maybe we're Amish. :D

SarasotaRepub
03-26-2009, 06:10 AM
No flare ups either.

Phhht! That's what they all promise...sucker. :D

Looks good asdf, I bet the infared burners use propane twice as fast too!!!:eek::cool:

gator
03-26-2009, 06:21 AM
This is a metrosexual's grill. A real man would not be caught dead with one.

These fancy pansy stainless steel monstrosities are fine for the gay community but not for real men.

Real men have a simple but yet effective Weber Genesis Series.

Real men hardly ever even grill, anyhow. Grilling is for homosexual fat yankee boys that think a grill is the same as a BBQ. You only need a grill to put a finishing sear on ribs that have been cooking for 10 hours on a real smoker with a firebox. You may additional use a grill for a steak now and then and maybe for a hamburger but that it just about it.

Sorry to point out once again the obvious lack of moral clarity of a post on CU but my work here seems to never be finished.

noonwitch
03-26-2009, 07:55 AM

These fancy pansy stainless steel monstrosities are fine for the gay community but not for real men.

Real man have a simple but yet effective Weber Genesis Series.

Real men hardly ever even grill, anyhow. Grilling is for homosexual fat yankee boys that think a grill is the same as a BBQ. You only need a grill to put a finishing sear on ribs that have been cooking for 10 hours on a real smoker with a firebox. You may additional use a grill for a steak now and then and maybe for a hamburger but that it just about it.

Sorry to point out once again the obvious lack of moral clarity of a post on CU but my work here seems to never be finished.

LOL!!!

We in Detroit have the ghetto grill, which is a tin drum converted into a grill. That's what some of the best church parking lot BBQ I've ever tasted was cooked in. Detroit summer means church parking lot BBQ!

patriot45
03-26-2009, 08:00 AM
http://www.charbroil.com/bps/char-broil/char-broil/series/images/1_1_psid431_regular.jpg

The Char-Broil Red!

The thing will get up to 700 degrees and with the way the U-Pan is set up you can use a wide variety of wood chips for flavor with minimal fuss. Easy clean up too as you just brush away the cinders when you are done..

No flare ups either.

I can't wait to try this out tomorrow!! :D

Yes! Way to go, fun toys. BBQ season is among us! :D
Don't listen to Gator, start getting those cedar planks soaked! :D

Lars1701a
03-26-2009, 08:52 AM

Real man have a simple but yet effective Weber Genesis Series.

Please stop projecting you flaming southern homosexuality onto us Northern BBQers.

asdf2231
03-26-2009, 01:37 PM
Ain't my fault that a bunch of swamp dwelling rednecks never evolved past the point of burning shit over flaming wood. :D

Some of us in fact don't really give a rat's a-hole what other people consider "BBQ" vs. "Grilling".

asdf2231
03-26-2009, 01:42 PM
No flare ups either.

Phhht! That's what they all promise...sucker. :D

Looks good asdf, I bet the infared burners use propane twice as fast too!!!:eek::cool:

Actually it's conventional burners mounted under a "U" shaped under pan. It cooks with radiant heat rather than direct flame. And the system is efficient enough that they claim it uses far less bottled gas cooking than the direct flame grills. We'll see about that.

Nice part is that it has a low heat BBQ setting and you can dump in the hickory or the mesquite chips and slow cook till things are flaky and falling off the bone smokey and then set it to sear right before serving.

I wouldn't be getting used to a new one if the POS Weber Genesis Silver hadn't died 3 years after purchase. :D

gator
03-26-2009, 05:56 PM
Ain't my fault that a bunch of swamp dwelling rednecks never evolved past the point of burning shit over flaming wood. :D

Some of us in fact don't really give a rat's a-hole what other people consider "BBQ" vs. "Grilling".

I don't really care if you give a rat's ass or not but I reserve the right to make fun of your obviously homosexual "man toy".

You do know that you can cook a better steak on the stove than on a grill, don't you? How many steak houses in the US cook on grills? Not very many.

Southern cook donít have too many uses for a grill but you yankee bois love them.

Other than searing ribs about the only time I use a grill is to maybe brown chili meat because I am too lazy to get out the frying pan. By the way, just in case you are confused real chili is not made with hamburger.

I would be ashamed to own a grill like you have. A Weber Genesis is all anybody ever needs and it should last a life time.

patriot45
03-26-2009, 06:19 PM
I don't really care if you give a rat's ass or not but I reserve the right to make fun of your obviously homosexual "man toy".

You do know that you can cook a better steak on the stove than on a grill, don't you? How many steak houses in the US cook on grills? Not very many.

Southern cook donít have too many uses for a grill but you yankee bois love them.

Other than searing ribs about the only time I use a grill is to maybe brown chili meat because I am too lazy to get out the frying pan. By the way, just in case you are confused real chili is not made with hamburger.

I would be ashamed to own a grill like you have. A Weber Genesis is all anybody ever needs and it should last a life time.

Gator, you need to broaden your horizons! Food is all good. I can go to a park with a bag of charcoal and whip up some good eats on a park bbq. I'm tellin ya you haven't had pig until you tried it from a chinese box!
Good food gets cooked all different ways!

Molon Labe
03-26-2009, 06:27 PM
What did this baby cost. After about 6 years...mines about to go on the blink

asdf2231
03-26-2009, 06:47 PM
What did this baby cost. After about 6 years...mines about to go on the blink

Just a little over $500.

Shannon
03-27-2009, 09:36 PM
The title of this thread just seems wrong.

PoliCon
03-27-2009, 09:41 PM
The title of this thread just seems wrong.on second look - it does!