PDA

View Full Version : South Park skewers the Economy with "Margaritaville"

marinejcksn
03-26-2009, 12:49 AM
Not only is South Park back, it might just be better than ever. When the Economy crumbles, Randy Marsh convinces the town that they've "sinned against the Omnipotent One" and have "Brought down it's wrath". A parody of the story of Christ, Kyle (a Jew) begins convincing everyone that the Economy isn't an all-powerful being but rather an idea supported by all when people put their Faith in it. Randy's followers agree that Kyle must die and Cartman agrees to betray him, for a price; the new Grand Theft Auto game. Before they can kill Kyle however, he decides to make the ultimate sacrifice; receiving a Platinum credit card with no limit, he agrees to pay the debt of everyone in town so that they may begin spending and get the economy going again. He collapses from exhaustion and wakes up the next day to a news report that the economy has started an upturn. The news reporter tells how the country must never forget the person saved our country: Barack Obama. Kyle screams in frustration.

marinejcksn
03-26-2009, 12:56 AM
The episode's funniest joke comes when Stan Marsh visits Geithner at the US Treasury Department and learns the secret to Government Bailout decisions; In a room with several men wearing Victorian wigs, a chicken is decapitated. It then runs around on a large wheel with options; the words "Bailout", "Too Big To Fail", "Let Fail", "90 Trillion Dollars" and others are seen. The dead chicken lands on "Bailout", and the Treasury Secretary tells his assistants to bail out the Insurance Companies. :D

noonwitch
03-26-2009, 07:48 AM
I fell asleep watching it last night. I'll catch it tonight.

The funniest episode I've seen in recent seasons is the Britney Spears one, though. The ending made me laugh so hard.

Rebel Yell
03-26-2009, 09:41 AM
Great episode last night. Actually political and funny. They haven't accomplished that in a while. Great to have 'em back.