PDA

View Full Version : Supersize Me: 10 of the Fattiest Foods

Molon Labe
03-26-2009, 10:31 AM
My favorite has got to be the Porkgasm. :D

http://timesonline.typepad.com/comment/2009/03/super-size-me-1.html

Super Size Me: 10 of the fattiest foods
Thanks to the wonder of Boing Boing I have been introduced to a site that is going to help me stop eating so much.

It is called thisiswhyyourefat.com and includes picture after picture of eye-popping concoctions designed to turn you into a twenty stone monster. Fortunately they are all spectacularly unappetising.

You really have to go to the site to see it in its full glory, but I have chosen ten. As a taster.

1) The 30,000 Calorie Sandwich:

Sandwich filled with ground beef, bacon, corn dogs, ham, pastrami, roast beef, bratwurst, braunschweiger and turkey, topped with fried mushrooms, onion rings, swiss/provolone/ cheddar/feta/parmesan cheeses, lettuce and butter on a loaf white bread.

2) Bacon Cheese Pizza Burger:

Giant burger between two large meat pizzas, eggs, bacon, colby and pepper jack cheese.

http://timesonline.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2009/03/20/baconcheesepizzaburger.jpg

noonwitch
03-26-2009, 12:34 PM
My late grandma could have cooked at some of these places. She would baste prime rib in butter, she made hamburgers from mixing ground beef and pork with sour cream, and she always served whole milk with every meal. She also felt that a lunch of a sandwich, glass of milk, a piece of fruit and a cookie was just not enough for growing children, so she would cut up potatoes into cubes and deep-fry them for us.

The butter-basted prime rib was so good.

linda22003
03-26-2009, 01:42 PM
And she died at what age and what poundage, Noonwitch? :)

Rebel Yell
03-26-2009, 02:34 PM

My MeMa has ate like that her whole life. My family fries everything. She's still kickin' at 86. Only health problem is osteoporosis and arthritis. Heart is good, considering she's 86, mind is good. She weighs about 110 lbs at the most. Of course, she has worked her ass off her whole life.

noonwitch
03-26-2009, 02:41 PM

91, and about 170 lbs (on a 5'2" frame). At the time she did all that cooking, she weighed about 220, though. She still lived to 91. The man she cooked all that crap for is still alive and kicking-he'll be 97 this summer. He's about 5'3 and weighs about 140 lbs. He ate all that crap and never got fat.

I do have Grandma's recipe box, though. Grandpa gave it to me a couple of years ago. Her cheesecake recipe is the best.

Molon Labe
03-26-2009, 03:40 PM
My MeMa has ate like that her whole life. My family fries everything. She's still kickin' at 86. Only health problem is osteoporosis and arthritis. Heart is good, considering she's 86, mind is good. She weighs about 110 lbs at the most. Of course, she has worked her ass off her whole life.

That's the key to eating like that. It's staying active. Most people today think they can eat whoppers all day and play x box live 24/7......and live without triple by pass surgery till age 86. My wife's great grand dad worked on the farm until he was about that age and was still chasing the goats around the hills until he died.

PoliCon
03-26-2009, 05:56 PM
That's the key to eating like that. It's staying active. Most people today think they can eat whoppers all day and play x box live 24/7......and live without triple by pass surgery till age 86. My wife's great grand dad worked on the farm until he was about that age and was still chasing the goats around the hills until he died.

meh. My great grandfather was still chasing skirts til the day he died - and he liked everything fried.

Rebel Yell
03-27-2009, 09:17 AM
Reminds me of one of my favorite exchanges from the movies.....

Grandpa: What the... what the hell is this?
John: That's lite beer.
Grandpa: Gee, I weigh ninety goddamn pounds, and you bring me this sloppin' foam?
John: Ariel's got me on a diet because the doc said my cholestorol's a little too high.
Grandpa: Well let me tell you something now, Johnny. Last Thursday, I turned 95 years old. And I never exercised a day in my life. Every morning, I wake up, and I smoke a cigarette. And then I eat five strips of bacon. And for lunch, I eat a bacon sandwich. And for a midday snack?
John: Bacon.
Grandpa: Bacon! A whole damn plate! And I usually drink my dinner. Now according to all of them flat-belly experts, I should've took a dirt nap like thirty years ago. But each year comes and goes, and I'm still here. Ha! And they keep dyin'. You know? Sometimes I wonder if God forgot about me. Just goes to show you, huh?
John: What?
Grandpa: Huh?
John: Goes to show you what?
Grandpa: Well it just goes... what the hell are you talkin' about?
John: Well you said you drink beer, you eat bacon and you smoke cigarettes, and you outlive most of the experts.
Grandpa: Yeah?
John: I thought maybe there was a moral.
Grandpa: No, there ain't no moral. I just like that story. That's all. Like that story.

AlmostThere
03-27-2009, 03:57 PM
91, and about 170 lbs (on a 5'2" frame). At the time she did all that cooking, she weighed about 220, though. She still lived to 91. The man she cooked all that crap for is still alive and kicking-he'll be 97 this summer. He's about 5'3 and weighs about 140 lbs. He ate all that crap and never got fat.

I do have Grandma's recipe box, though. Grandpa gave it to me a couple of years ago. Her cheesecake recipe is the best.

If your grandparents were anything like mine or any of the people born around the beginning of the 20th century, they worked. They sat down to eat, to rest for a moment or to read a book. No camping out in front of a TV or computer monitor like today. If they worked, they ate.

Rebel Yell
03-27-2009, 03:59 PM
If your grandparents were anything like mine or any of the people born around the beginning of the 20th century, they worked. They sat down to eat, to rest for a moment or to read a book. No camping out in front of a TV or computer monitor like today. If they worked, they ate.

My uncle went to my MeMa's to fix a leak on her roof. He heard a noise behind him, and turned around to find her standing there. She was 82 at the time. He told her to get her butt down. Her response? "It's my roof, I can climb on it if I want to."