PDA

View Full Version : Lula da Silva Blamed the Global Economic Crisis on “White People With Blue Eyes”

megimoo
03-26-2009, 09:38 PM
Brazil president blames white people for crisis

Brazil’s President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva on Thursday blamed the global economic crisis on “white people with blue eyes” and said it was wrong that black and indigenous people should pay for white people’s mistakes.

Speaking in Brasília at a joint press conference with Gordon Brown, the UK prime minister, Mr Lula da Silva told reporters: “This crisis was caused by the irrational behaviour of white people with blue eyes, who before the crisis appeared to know everything and now demonstrate that they know nothing.”

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/ae4957e8-1a5f-11de-9f91-0000779fd2ac,Authorised=false.html?_i_location=htt p%3A%2F%2Fwww.ft.com%2Fcms%2Fs%2F0%2Fae4957e8-1a5f-11de-9f91-0000779fd2ac.html&_i_referer=http%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Fhome

Comments:
Are you sure we’re talkin’ about Brazil? Not the American president?
Wow! He sounds almost racist enough to be a member of Jeremiah Wright’s church for 20 years.

FlaGator
03-26-2009, 09:43 PM
The equator is apparently no barrier to ignorance.

PoliCon
03-26-2009, 10:32 PM
What an incredibly racist thing to say . . . . :rolleyes:

Gingersnap
03-27-2009, 09:08 AM
Whew! I'm off the hook: I have green eyes. :D

VWkid06
03-27-2009, 09:25 AM

its all on me i guess :rolleyes:

Rebel Yell
03-27-2009, 10:02 AM
I have brown hair and hazel eyes. Besides there's no such thing as white people.;):D

Gingersnap
03-27-2009, 10:06 AM
its all on me i guess :rolleyes:

"White man's burden", dude. Kipling was a head of his time. :p

PoliCon
03-27-2009, 10:16 AM
Funny thing is - talking to a friend down there in Brazil - Blue eyes are much desired. . . .

noonwitch
03-27-2009, 10:42 AM

Exactly what I was thinking!

asdf2231
03-27-2009, 11:56 AM
I guess I need to email an apology to someone. :(

Rebel Yell
03-27-2009, 12:04 PM
I guess I need to email an apology to someone. :(

Yeah, you blue eyed devil.:mad::D

micmac
03-27-2009, 06:23 PM
Guilty...I am a blue eyed blonde and I am so white, I am practically translucent. I read somewhere that the fairest people were the most highly evolved since we were able to process Vitamin D much better than our darker skinned brethren. Oh, that's so racist.;)

SarasotaRepub
03-27-2009, 06:40 PM
Am I supposed to care what this kook says???

I guess he can join Hillary later in blaming the US for everything. :rolleyes:

stsinner
03-27-2009, 08:03 PM
Still no word though on why our American prisons are 70% black and Hispanic when our population is only 20% non-white or why every country that is run by non-whites is a corrupt, third-world shithole.... Guess he's got nothing to say about that....

PoliCon
03-27-2009, 11:23 PM
Still no word though on why our American prisons are 70% black and Hispanic when our population is only 20% non-white or why every country that is run by non-whites is a corrupt, third-world shithole.... Guess he's got nothing to say about that....

Japan is a corrupt third world shithole? dumbass.

stsinner
03-28-2009, 07:20 AM
Japan is a corrupt third world shithole? dumbass.

Dumbass? Really? You find one example, and you want to call me a dumbass? What a jerk. The asshole in the OP says that our current crisis is caused white people with blue eyes.. Now with such a racist statement of stupidity, what you find to take issue with is my post? You're really either not too bright or ashamed of yourself.. Either way, generally speaking, any non-white run country is a shithole rife with human rights abuses, crime and filth..

Lulu da Silva says that the economic crisis was caused by white people with blue eyes, when in reality it was caused by white people with blue eyes being forced to give mortgages to minorities who, without special consideration and fear of calls of racism, would not qualify for mortgages.. Then, of course, they defaulted on them because affording them was in impossibility, and that's why they were packaged up and sold as derivatives all over the world so that the American firm giving the mortgage wouldn't have to take the hit when they defaulted..

So, to summarize, Fannie May and Freddie Mac were told to issue loans to people who didn't qualify for them in order to increase the number of minorities who were homeowners, because, of course, there aren't as many minorities as whites owning homes for many reasons-the fact that 70% of blacks were born in 2007 to single mothers, so they're not living as families with dual incomes, and the jobs they have generally don't pay as well... Of course Freddie and Fannie were told that the government would back the loans... This was a house of cards that would do nothing but eventually implode-it had no other choice. So white bankers are forced to loan to minorities rather than to have society perceive the mortgage industry to be racist, when in reality it was just smart, and white people get blamed for the crisis when it all goes to hell... The people who should be blamed are Al Sharpton and ACORN and all the other minority advocacy groups that pressured the banking industry to increase the, "diversity," in the homeowner community... Forced diversity has never done anyone any good. So, again, minorities cause their own problems, and white people get blamed for it...

PoliCon
03-28-2009, 08:11 AM
Dumbass? Really? You find one example, and you want to call me a dumbass? What a jerk. your response was no less racist than was his. THAT is why you are a dumbass.

stsinner
03-28-2009, 09:05 AM
your response was no less racist than was his. THAT is why you are a dumbass.

You're one of those idiots whom, whenever any unpleasant facts are pointed out that have to do with race, claim racism... When dealing with people like you (apologists) if I picked up a Chicago newspaper that stated that blacks committed 90% of the crime last year-I parrot that very statement printed in the newspaper aloud, you'd call me a racist, as if I had something to do with the fact...

Racism is believing that someone is superior or inferior based on race, which I do not.. Socioeconomic conditions, the lack of opportunity and various other factors contribute to the conditions in non-white countries, not the color of the skin, but it is what it is, and pointing it out is not akin to racism.

That's why racial issues fester-because if you can't call a problem a problem you can never fix it...

I'm sick and damn tired of minorities being allowed to make racist statements publicly like this Brazilian asshole did without getting arrested on the spot.. More likely he's a national hero.. Imagine the whining and bitching that would take place if a white person stood up and said any one race was responsible for any of society's ills.. The guy would be ostracized and likely wouldn't make it out of the building without being attacked.. But this piece of shit says this stupid statement and all it does is get printed in the newspapers as an information piece... No picketing, no riots, no calls for his resignation, no condemnation from world leaders.... What pussies we white people have become.. We have become the world's whipping boy, and we seem to have accepted it willingly.

PoliCon
03-28-2009, 09:42 AM
You're one of those idiots whom, whenever any unpleasant facts are pointed out that have to do with race, claim racism... No - I call a spade a spade when I see a spade. If you want to make a racist and FASLE claim I'm going to call you on it.

When dealing with people like you (apologists) if I picked up a Chicago newspaper that stated that blacks committed 90% of the crime last year-I parrot that very statement printed in the newspaper aloud, you'd call me a racist, as if I had something to do with the fact...your statement did not have a thing to do with facts - it's pure balderdash prompted by racism.

Racism is believing that someone is superior or inferior based on race, which I do not.. Socioeconomic conditions, the lack of opportunity and various other factors contribute to the conditions in non-white countries, not the color of the skin, but it is what it is, and pointing it out is not akin to racism.you made the claim that: every country that is run by non-whites is a corrupt, third-world shithole. I pointed out that that is wrong offering evidence to prove that your claim is wrong - and called you on it. Do you wish to retract that statement?

That's why racial issues fester-because if you can't call a problem a problem you can never fix it...The problem is making claims about people based on the color of their skin. Race is an artificial construct invented by small minds to vilify those who are different.

I'm sick and damn tired of minorities being allowed to make racist statements publicly like this Brazilian asshole did without getting arrested on the spot.. More likely he's a national hero.. Imagine the whining and bitching that would take place if a white person stood up and said any one race was responsible for any of society's ills.. The guy would be ostracized and likely wouldn't make it out of the building without being attacked.. But this piece of shit says this stupid statement and all it does is get printed in the newspapers as an information piece... No picketing, no riots, no calls for his resignation, no condemnation from world leaders.... What pussies we white people have become.. We have become the world's whipping boy, and we seem to have accepted it willingly.Brazil is about 90 years behind the times. It is rife with racism. And if you'll notice - I called him on his racism too.