PDA

View Full Version : So will the Gun forums be returning at some point?

asdf2231
06-29-2008, 12:50 PM
We wonders? :confused:

SarasotaRepub
06-29-2008, 01:11 PM
Not until Rob is done playing that new video game he bought. :rolleyes::D

gator
06-29-2008, 01:26 PM

Guns are dangerous. You could shoot your eye out or something.

asdf2231
06-29-2008, 02:32 PM
Guns are dangerous. You could shoot your eye out or something.

Lol!

And you are just hanging on to all that hardware to keep the world safe from punctured eyeballs, right?:D

gator
06-29-2008, 03:53 PM
Lol!

And you are just hanging on to all that hardware to keep the world safe from punctured eyeballs, right?:D

I got busted this weekend big time. I had to move all the guns out of the gunroom to make way for new carpet tomorrow. I had to empty the gun safe.

I made the mistake of stacking them all in the same place and my wife saw them. She said she didn't believe I had so many. She was shocked. I am busted. I was hoping to get another M-1 Garand soon but I will play hell using family funds for guns for awhile.

At least I spread the cans of ammo around so she doesn't know how much I have.

asdf2231
06-29-2008, 04:21 PM
I got busted this weekend big time. I had to move all the guns out of the gunroom to make way for new carpet tomorrow. I had to empty the gun safe.

I made the mistake of stacking them all in the same place and my wife saw them. She said she didn't believe I had so many. She was shocked. I am busted. I was hoping to get another M-1 Garand soon but I will play hell using family funds for guns for awhile.

Hah!

My wife shot herself in the foot (Figuratively) two years ago. I had two long guns that wouldn't fit in the wood case and she bought me a 14-gun gunsafe for Christmas. I looked at it and then asked her if she had realized that she had just given me tacit approval to purchase 12 more rifles or shotguns. :D

SarasotaRepub
07-02-2008, 08:52 PM

Update! Rob is working on a Google issue in regards to "Gun Forums".
He'll have it taken care of in a bit.

Cold Warrior
07-02-2008, 10:36 PM
Jack Butler: Honey if you call and I'm not home I'll be at the gym or the gun club.

*snicker* :D

NonConformist
07-28-2008, 02:47 PM
I wondered what happened to those! This play was down for a while and I had almost forgot about it and now I come back and its an awesome looking new format.

Lookin forward to the gun forums

gator
07-28-2008, 02:51 PM
I wondered what happened to those! This play was down for a while and I had almost forgot about it and now I come back and its an awesome looking new format.

Lookin forward to the gun forums

Be careful with guns, you are liable to shoot your eye out.

NonConformist
07-28-2008, 02:57 PM
Be careful with guns, you are liable to shoot your eye out.

Yeah Airsoft hurts! :p

Gingersnap
07-29-2008, 10:49 PM
Post general firearms threads in the Lounge. If the subject is social and contentious - post in GD. If the subject is political - post in Politics.

Hopefully the Gun Forums will be restored soon.

Brweyes
11-13-2008, 01:53 PM

LOL Gator, I have been on my husband cause I want him to buy MORE guns & ammo. Lost count on how many we have. Cant ever have too many??

expat-pattaya
11-13-2008, 06:52 PM
I got a feeling any "military style" rifles or "high capacity" handguns (per gun banners definitions) and ammo will all realize better retnoru n investment from right now to next year this time than the stock market.

I intend to order another 10-20 K rounds in various calibers. Oh, and magazines like those 100 round drums will go up. Well hell, I got a LOT of money not in the market right now might as well invest it somewhere :D

Bubba Dawg
11-13-2008, 07:04 PM
I love guns. :D

I'm partial to single action revolvers.

Odysseus
11-13-2008, 08:05 PM
I love guns. :D
I'm partial to single action revolvers.

I'm trying to get the wife to a range so that she can overcome her fear of guns (she's a Brit). She intellectually understands the need to have them, but she's never been around them and isn't comfortable handling them. I want to pick up a Ruger .22 target pistol to familiarize her and eventually get my daughters shooting, but that's going to be a longterm project.

Molon Labe
11-13-2008, 08:20 PM
I'm trying to get the wife to a range so that she can overcome her fear of guns (she's a Brit). She intellectually understands the need to have them, but she's never been around them and isn't comfortable handling them. I want to pick up a Ruger .22 target pistol to familiarize her and eventually get my daughters shooting, but that's going to be a longterm project.

Amateurs tend to be the best students. Their very teachable and don't come with all the bad habits.....so they say.

Bubba Dawg
11-13-2008, 09:52 PM

That's a good start with a .22. I started my wife on a Ruger Single Six in .22 and now she'll blast away with just about any caliber.

It's all in how you start. The current crop of Ruger .22 semi-autos is really nice.

M21
11-13-2008, 10:21 PM

Those are a great little pistol for beginners aren't they? I'm building my wife a target AR now. Fortunately I bought all the bits and pieces many months ago and I've been too busy to assemble it. Be careful you might create a "gun nut" and you know it's expensive enough with only one in the house.

Odysseus
11-14-2008, 09:51 AM
Those are a great little pistol for beginners aren't they? I'm building my wife a target AR now. Fortunately I bought all the bits and pieces many months ago and I've been too busy to assemble it. Be careful you might create a "gun nut" and you know it's expensive enough with only one in the house.

I'll be happy to know that she can protect herself and the girls when I'm away.
We have a Small Arms Readiness Group team attached to us to train the incoming units, and those guys are amazing (several of them wear President's Hundred tabs for rifle or pistol). I'm working with them to set up a family range one of these weekends between BCT deployments. Unfortunately, FT Hood's ranges aren't really conducive to anything other than the army's qualification standards, but they are free.

quirites
11-15-2008, 10:09 PM
12 ga. pump - used.

22 adapter for practice; no recoil and it sounds like a bb gun.

You don't have to shoot an intruder - just the CLAK CLAK of one being loaded will send them packing.

Tried buying ammo lately? My latest is backordered until MARCH.