PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Thread....

Bubba Dawg
03-27-2009, 09:04 PM
Cool and very rainy on the Mountain. Even Stormy.

We expect bad weather in the morning. Early.

I'm posting the Saturday thread early because we sometimes lose out Internet in weather like this. And, for that matter, we sometimes lose our power and water and phones and everything else.

The longest I've been without power is a week. In winter. And I couldn't drive up the driveway, even with 4ed.

TOTD: Emergencies. Food. Water. Power, or the lack thereof. How prepared are you? What preparations have you made?

We'll see how the power and the Internet connection is in the morning. You all stay safe.

patriot45
03-27-2009, 09:09 PM
:D:D
Cool and very rainy on the Mountain. Even Stormy.

We expect bad weather in the morning. Early.

I'm posting the Saturday thread early because we sometimes lose out Internet in weather like this. And, for that matter, we sometimes lose our power and water and phones and everything else.

The longest I've been without power is a week. In winter. And I couldn't drive up the driveway, even with 4ed.

TOTD: Emergencies. Food. Water. Power, or the lack thereof. How prepared are you? What preparations have you made?

We'll see how the power and the Internet connection is in the morning. You all stay safe.

We are gonna get it on Sunday, we need the rain.

TOTD: I have a generator and satelite TV, I'm good! :D

asdf2231
03-27-2009, 09:30 PM
TOTD

About 4 months before we have to eat the pets or the kids. :D

Generator, stored water, multiple propane tanks, guns, mres and freeze dried stuff, medical supplies to do anything up to and including minor surgery (My wife knows her way around a scalpel and sutures pretty well), lanterns, couple thousand packets of instant coffee. (Thank you eBay)

Doing disaster recovery work has turned me into a functional paranoid. :)

lurkalot
03-27-2009, 10:00 PM
I have a pet rabbit. Food supply safe and assured. :cool:

linda22003
03-28-2009, 12:37 PM
We have cases of water, a freezer full of food (that will have to be grilled rapidly in case of power failure), and 25 cases of wine in the wine closet. We can at least be too loaded to care about any emergencies.

biccat
03-28-2009, 04:40 PM
I have a pet rabbit. Food supply safe and assured. :cool:

Shouldn't you have two pet rabbits?