PDA

View Full Version : Busted Weekend

gator
06-29-2008, 03:44 PM
This weekend has been the pits. They called Friday night and said they will here Monday morning to install new carpet throughout the house. We thought they wouldn't come until the week after next.

We have spent the weekend moving all the stuff out of the rooms. In addition I painted my gunroom.

It is a lot of woork to get everything ready. They will move the heavy stuff but there is still a lot of things that need to be moved. We are getting 2/3rds of the house carpeted so that doesn't leave much space to put the things we took out of the rooms.

Time to go jump in the pool!

LogansPapa
06-29-2008, 04:12 PM
Had the same here - Craigslist "free to you" good deed for the day and they didn't go unpunished.

Straight six out of my old truck - listed it and got a zillion e-mails back, with people wanting to know the exact condition and if I could give them the accessories. Can you say ' looking a gift-horse in the mouth?' :rolleyes:

The second item was a pair of saddle tanks - with gas still in side. You'd think people would be even half-way grateful - especially with gas at $4.60 a gallon, but the original responding party gave me nine phone calls all yesterday and never showed up. Again, all the stuff was being given away. A guy showed up the morning for the gas tanks (the second person that e-mailed me) and wanted to know if I'd help him load them in the back of his pick-up, all the while asking if I was sure the gas inside was good. Fucktard. :mad:

The three glubs that came to get the motor had no rope to tie the 435 pounds down in the bed of their pick-up and the one horse's ass asked if the motor had any oil leaks. I responded by saying, "Did you ever see one that didn't?" Again folks - free is free. Won't ever do that again - charity is for fools.

Next time I'll just have the scrap man take the shit and take the cash.

SaintLouieWoman
06-29-2008, 06:32 PM
Had the same here - Craigslist "free to you" good deed for the day and they didn't go unpunished.

Straight six out of my old truck - listed it and got a zillion e-mails back, with people wanting to know the exact condition and if I could give them the accessories. Can you say ' looking a gift-horse in the mouth?' :rolleyes:

The second item was a pair of saddle tanks - with gas still in side. You'd think people would be even half-way grateful - especially with gas at $4.60 a gallon, but the original responding party gave me nine phone calls all yesterday and never showed up. Again, all the stuff was being given away. A guy showed up the morning for the gas tanks (the second person that e-mailed me) and wanted to know if I'd help him load them in the back of his pick-up, all the while asking if I was sure the gas inside was good. Fucktard. :mad:

The three glubs that came to get the motor had no rope to tie the 435 pounds down in the bed of their pick-up and the one horse's ass asked if the motor had any oil leaks. I responded by saying, "Did you ever see one that didn't?" Again folks - free is free. Won't ever do that again - charity is for fools.

Next time I'll just have the scrap man take the shit and take the cash.

Good idea. Or if any charity would take stuff, give it away and get a tax deduction.

Feel Gator's pain. We did that moving everything around a couple of weeks ago. It literally was the pits. Very smart to do that painting before the new carpet is down.

What color did you paint the fun room?