PDA

View Full Version : Palin Faces Ethics Complaints

hazlnut
03-30-2009, 12:40 AM
Palin Faces Latest Ethics Complaint
The Alaska governor said last week she's accumulated more than half a million dollars for her defense against various complaints and may be forced to create a legal defense fund. (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/03/25/palin-faces-latest-ethics-complaint/)

Another ethics complaint has been filed against Gov. Sarah Palin that claims a conflict of interest because she wore Arctic Cat logo gear during the Tesoro Iron Dog snowmobile race.

Ten other ethics complaints have been filed against Palin's administration. Palin has said that six of them were dismissed. But the Alaska governor said last week she's accumulated more than half a million dollars for her defense against various complaints. She says she may be forced to create a legal defense fund.

Why don't they just leave her alone and let her run her state?

samurai
03-30-2009, 04:37 AM
Palin Faces Latest Ethics Complaint
The Alaska governor said last week she's accumulated more than half a million dollars for her defense against various complaints and may be forced to create a legal defense fund. (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/03/25/palin-faces-latest-ethics-complaint/)

Why don't they just leave her alone and let her run her state?

2 reasons:

1) They get sick pleasure from the politics of personal destruction.

2) When she runs again, for any office, they want to be able to say "She faced 10, 20, 50 different charges of ethics violations!" without specifying that they were all baseless and stupid. Wearing a jacket with a logo on it is an ethics violation? WTF??? But they figure enough voters will say "Wow, 50 charges? She must be dirty, something bad must have happened, no one can get 50 ethics violations charges if they really are clean..."

Constitutionally Speaking
03-30-2009, 06:37 AM
2 reasons:

1) They get sick pleasure from the politics of personal destruction.

2) When she runs again, for any office, they want to be able to say "She faced 10, 20, 50 different charges of ethics violations!" without specifying that they were all baseless and stupid. Wearing a jacket with a logo on it is an ethics violation? WTF??? But they figure enough voters will say "Wow, 50 charges? She must be dirty, something bad must have happened, no one can get 50 ethics violations charges if they really are clean..."

Yep this is nothing but the dirty tricks division of the Democratic Party.

Lars1701a
03-30-2009, 11:32 AM

Which makes me want to vote for her more and more every day. :)

hazlnut
03-30-2009, 04:21 PM

How stupid are people that they can't see how the Republican's just don't get involved in that type of sleazy politics?

Lars1701a
03-30-2009, 04:43 PM
How stupid are people that they can't see how the Republican's just don't get involved in that type of sleazy politics?

Please go trolling with your smart ass replays somewhere else :rolleyes::cool:

If you cant see they are going after to stop her running again you are more douchier (yes I just invented a new word) they I first thought

hazlnut
03-31-2009, 12:55 AM
Please go trolling with your smart ass replays somewhere else :rolleyes::cool:

If you cant see they are going after to stop her running again you are more douchier (yes I just invented a new word) they I first thought

Like I said, I think she should run as an independent in 2012.

BTW--this is a discussion board...right? Why is any dissent or airing of dirty laundry met with 'Fuck off, Troll.'

Lars1701a
03-31-2009, 06:35 AM

BTW--this is a discussion board...right? Why is any dissent or airing of dirty laundry met with 'Fuck off, Troll.'

Dissent is good but your snarky smart ass reply is not. :cool::rolleyes:

asdf2231
03-31-2009, 11:22 PM

Because people can spot a troll who is trolling from a mile away?

Why do you think your threads keep winding up in the Stupid Liberal Tricks forum?

PoliCon
03-31-2009, 11:34 PM

ONE - because you started off here by claiming to be a conservative - then you proceed to embrace all things leftist from the global warming hoax to slamming FoxNews.

TWO - because the way you do it. There are plenty of us here who disagree on any number of issues. Lars for example is under the dellusion that the Eagles are a good football team. Everyone here with brains knows exactly how full of shit he is. :rolleyes: But you came in telling us how we have to embrace the agenda of the left and make it our own and no one here likes that idea. We're conservatives for a reason. We have principles and we stick to them. I'd have even less respect for lars if he rolled over and stopped liking his team and jumped on the Steeler's band wagon just because it was headed for SIXburgh.

Be honest with us. I goes a hell of a sight father than games and while we will continue to disagree with you - we may actually like you in the process. But I for one despise being lied to.

Mythic
04-01-2009, 12:08 AM
because she wore Arctic Cat logo gear during the Tesoro Iron Dog snowmobile race.
Wait what? Is that like me getting sued for wearing a giants baseball cap at a yankees game or something? I don't speak Alaska sports ;)

04-01-2009, 07:32 AM

The Republicans saw Obama as a rising star way back when he gave his speech at the 2004 Dem convention.

The WORST we did was look into his background for ACTUAL things he really DID that could be used against him.

What the Democrats do is simply make TONS of shit up and smear their targets with PHONY accusations.

There IS NO comparison. NONE.

04-01-2009, 07:32 AM
Wait what? Is that like me getting sued for wearing a giants baseball cap at a yankees game or something? I don't speak Alaska sports ;)

That is exactly what is is like.

Mythic
04-01-2009, 06:09 PM
That is exactly what is is like.
I guess I am completely unethical because I only buy sports related clothes supporting the teams I support...I wont waste money to buy the other team's clothing.

PoliCon
04-01-2009, 10:14 PM
I guess I am completely unethical because I only buy sports related clothes supporting the teams I support...I wont waste money to buy the other team's clothing.

I won't wear any clothing with logos on it at all period. I refuse to be a FREE walking billboard.:mad: