PDA

View Full Version : Tea parties planned nation wide.

VWkid06
03-30-2009, 10:49 AM
http://www.freedomworks.org/petition/iamwithrick/index.html

Most of them are on tax day. I will be attending the Pittsburgh one, i hope others do too around the country. :)

linda22003
03-30-2009, 10:58 AM
I'll go to a bourbon party if anyone's having one.

VWkid06
03-30-2009, 12:28 PM
this is a chance to make a stand.

policon i hope you read this and hope to see you there :)

linda22003
03-30-2009, 12:30 PM
I clicked on the map to see them in my area, and noticed that they are held during hours when working people are... working. Nice going. :rolleyes:

Rebel Yell
03-30-2009, 12:33 PM
I clicked on the map to see them in my area, and noticed that they are held during hours when working people are... working. Nice going. :rolleyes:

I thought that was a prerequisite for any protest.:rolleyes::confused:

VWkid06
03-30-2009, 12:34 PM
i have vacation time, don't you? :P

FlaGator
03-30-2009, 12:34 PM

Take a long lunch. I will.

Rebel Yell
03-30-2009, 12:35 PM
Take a long lunch. I will.

I just looked. The nearest one to me is about 45 minutes away. At 5PM.

Molon Labe
03-30-2009, 12:58 PM
I just looked. The nearest one to me is about 45 minutes away. At 5PM.

I've never been to a protest of any kind. But this might be something I could handle.

Rebel Yell
03-30-2009, 01:00 PM
I've never been to a protest of any kind. But this might be something I could handle.

That's kinda my thinking. Protesting just feels dirty, but this may be worth looking into.

VWkid06
03-30-2009, 01:03 PM
sometimes you have to get your hands dirty to say/do what needs to be done.

I've never protested either but i am more than happy to make this my first.

Rebel Yell
03-30-2009, 01:05 PM
sometimes you have to get your hands dirty to say/do what needs to be done.

I've never protested either but i am more than happy to make this my first.

Hey, the 15th is on a Wed. I get off at 1:00 on Wednesdays. I just might make it.

VWkid06
03-30-2009, 01:09 PM
not all the protests listed are the 15th, some are on otehr days, so double check that its the right day. :)

Rebel Yell
03-30-2009, 01:14 PM
not all the protests listed are the 15th, some are on otehr days, so double check that its the right day. :)

That's it. Leesburg, GA. Although, I may go to the one in Warner Robins.

noonwitch
03-30-2009, 01:34 PM
The closest ones to Detroit are Lansing, Port Huron or Toledo. Would you believe no one in Detroit or the immediate suburbs is planning a tea party?

VWkid06
04-03-2009, 03:45 PM
wanted to give this a good bump :)

Rebel Yell
04-03-2009, 03:51 PM
wanted to give this a good bump :)

I wanted to go to the one in Atlanta, but I may still be on jury duty.:(

Gingersnap
04-03-2009, 04:41 PM
Anybody interested in joining a Tea Party on Tax Raping Day can find them easily enough on Meetup. It's easy to join and you can find a group in your area. If you join through one of the Glenn Beck meetups, you will also receive information about on-going activities in the 9/12 project.

I will be heading off the Denver that day to do my part on the steps of the capitol. ;)

VWkid06
04-06-2009, 12:34 PM
Anybody interested in joining a Tea Party on Tax Raping Day can find them easily enough on Meetup. It's easy to join and you can find a group in your area. If you join through one of the Glenn Beck meetups, you will also receive information about on-going activities in the 9/12 project.

I will be heading off the Denver that day to do my part on the steps of the capitol. ;)

more information on the glenn beck/9-12 project?

Gingersnap
04-06-2009, 01:01 PM
more information on the glenn beck/9-12 project?

Read all about it: 912 Project (http://theglennbeck912project.com/)

Rebel Yell
04-06-2009, 01:25 PM
Think the MSM will even pick up on the Tea Parties? I say they'll try their best to sweep them under the rug.

THE RESISTANCE
04-06-2009, 03:34 PM
Don't forget to bring tared and feathered effigys to burn in the streets and pitchforks and torches!

VWkid06
04-12-2009, 04:51 PM
coming up soon :)

damyns
04-12-2009, 10:56 PM
An absent press will become an obsolete press. Maybe it’s time they learn that.
The role of the press is to report the news – nothing more - nothing less. When they choose what they are going to report and what they aren’t based on their own personal ideologies they lose the very reason for their existence.
It’s one thing to choose whether they are supporting Democrats or Republicans or conservatives or liberals, but supporting government over the people is another thing entirely. Not that the first one is correct, but it does appear to have become acceptable. However, if the people allow the press to protect government over the people, the people are at risk of losing their voice entirely and with it the right to call themselves citizens of a free nation.
In the case of this Tea Party movement, most media outlets appear to have chosen to side with government – not Democrats or Republicans – just government. Any press agency that took the time to look into the movement would know it is a grassroots movement and doesn’t have a particular party affiliation. Attempts might have been by certain politicians or even media outlets to co-opt it as their movement, but unless that particular politician, party or media outlets follow the will of the people, they are quickly going to find that is not the case.
So as much as these Tea Parties are a warning to politicians, all politicians, that their behavior is being noted, their votes are being documented and their representation will no longer be acceptable if they do not follow the will of the people, that same warning should go out to all media outlets.
We need to let the press know – it needs to do its job or risk becoming obsolete.
Report the news – do not skewer it or choose to report or not to report based on a lack of objectivity. It is the people’s right to know what is going on whatever it is – be it an anti-war demonstration, a pro-war demonstration, an anti-government demonstration or a pro-government demonstration. It is up to the people to then decide which movement, if any, to support. Suppressing news is the role of a press that is a wing of a dictatorial government.
Here is my suggestion – when we put the politicians on notice that they behavior is being monitored – let the press know the same will be done of them. If they skewer the news, we the people will pull our readership and our advertising. If we feel any particular outlet is bending the news too far right or left or failing to report any event that is obviously news worthy, let them know we will no longer read or watch them or support their advertisers and will ask any like minded individual, company or group to do the same.
When a reputable hard news organization like CNN has continual coverage of the musings of Levi Johnson, the baby’s daddy of the daughter of former Republican vice presidential candidate and governor of Alaska Sarah Palin, but hardly a mention of upwards of 600 Tea Parties around the nation with disgruntled citizens voicing their objections to the behavior of the government, I think we have a good place to start.
A free press is essential to a free nation and a press that fails to report the news truthfully or objectively is just as damaging as one that is controlled by the government.

movie buff
04-12-2009, 11:17 PM
I'm going to the Orlando one on Wednesday.

THE RESISTANCE
04-13-2009, 08:20 AM
An absent press will become an obsolete press. Maybe it’s time they learn that.
The role of the press is to report the news – nothing more - nothing less. When they choose what they are going to report and what they aren’t based on their own personal ideologies they lose the very reason for their existence.
It’s one thing to choose whether they are supporting Democrats or Republicans or conservatives or liberals, but supporting government over the people is another thing entirely. Not that the first one is correct, but it does appear to have become acceptable. However, if the people allow the press to protect government over the people, the people are at risk of losing their voice entirely and with it the right to call themselves citizens of a free nation.
In the case of this Tea Party movement, most media outlets appear to have chosen to side with government – not Democrats or Republicans – just government. Any press agency that took the time to look into the movement would know it is a grassroots movement and doesn’t have a particular party affiliation. Attempts might have been by certain politicians or even media outlets to co-opt it as their movement, but unless that particular politician, party or media outlets follow the will of the people, they are quickly going to find that is not the case.
So as much as these Tea Parties are a warning to politicians, all politicians, that their behavior is being noted, their votes are being documented and their representation will no longer be acceptable if they do not follow the will of the people, that same warning should go out to all media outlets.
We need to let the press know – it needs to do its job or risk becoming obsolete.
Report the news – do not skewer it or choose to report or not to report based on a lack of objectivity. It is the people’s right to know what is going on whatever it is – be it an anti-war demonstration, a pro-war demonstration, an anti-government demonstration or a pro-government demonstration. It is up to the people to then decide which movement, if any, to support. Suppressing news is the role of a press that is a wing of a dictatorial government.
Here is my suggestion – when we put the politicians on notice that they behavior is being monitored – let the press know the same will be done of them. If they skewer the news, we the people will pull our readership and our advertising. If we feel any particular outlet is bending the news too far right or left or failing to report any event that is obviously news worthy, let them know we will no longer read or watch them or support their advertisers and will ask any like minded individual, company or group to do the same.
When a reputable hard news organization like CNN has continual coverage of the musings of Levi Johnson, the baby’s daddy of the daughter of former Republican vice presidential candidate and governor of Alaska Sarah Palin, but hardly a mention of upwards of 600 Tea Parties around the nation with disgruntled citizens voicing their objections to the behavior of the government, I think we have a good place to start.
A free press is essential to a free nation and a press that fails to report the news truthfully or objectively is just as damaging as one that is controlled by the government.

Time to form an internal government in exile. Time to organize in each state for a Constitutional convention . It is time to link a seperate media together to inform the people . Resourses are wasted if widely scattered . It is time for the spintered resistance of people and organizations to bond as one, as one voice.

^^^^

obx
04-15-2009, 07:46 AM
I will be going to the one in Dare county. It will be held at the Wright Monument. I hope this is an omen to this taking flight.
________
ANAL FUCKING (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/88/fucking/videos/1)

SarasotaRepub
04-15-2009, 07:57 AM
I will be going to the one in Dare county. It will be held at the Wright Monument. I hope this is an omen to this taking flight.

Take some pics for us if possible and welcome to CU! :)

VWkid06
04-15-2009, 02:18 PM
just got back! great success. :)