PDA

View Full Version : Ashley Biden Drug Tape

raiderguy8
03-31-2009, 10:47 AM
I really couldn't care less about whether or not Ashley Biden does Cocaine, but can you imagine any news media outlet pausing, for even a second, because of any "ethical standards" if this was a Cheney or a Bush daughter? The Daily Show would show it over and over for weeks. Olbermann would be doing cartwheels down his office's hallway. Honestly, can anyone see the Networks having a hard decision to make whether to air it? If CBS will put on the phony National Guard story with less evidence as this tape purportedly shows, they would seemingly put on this.

RadarOnline.com (http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2009/03/exclusive-biden-daughter-cocaine-video-was-setup)

Sonnabend
03-31-2009, 11:26 AM
but can you imagine any news media outlet pausing, for even a second, because of any "ethical standards" if this was a Cheney or a Bush daughter?

...you have to ask? :rolleyes:

Gingersnap
03-31-2009, 11:37 AM
Who cares, really, either way? :confused:

megimoo
03-31-2009, 11:49 AM
Who cares, really, either way? :confused:Goose-Gander ?

Gingersnap
03-31-2009, 12:23 PM
Goose-Gander ?

Yeah but that's always going to be the way it is. The problem with media treatment of personal failings and low character is that the lefties will always look good, either way. Conservatives, traditional Christians, apple pie patriots and all the rest have standards that are openly disclosed and pretty much fixed. When they fail to meet the standards it's an opportunity for a lot of finger-wagging from the other side.

Lefties, social liberals, progressive Christians, atheists and so forth have sliding standards that are completely subjective and never open to real criticism. If they fail to meet their standards (almost impossible) it's because of some overriding personal problem or abuse or some psychological trauma. You can never just judge them on character. :rolleyes:

Odysseus
03-31-2009, 03:09 PM
I really couldn't care less about whether or not Ashley Biden does Cocaine, but can you imagine any news media outlet pausing, for even a second, because of any "ethical standards" if this was a Cheney or a Bush daughter? The Daily Show would show it over and over for weeks. Olbermann would be doing cartwheels down his office's hallway. Honestly, can anyone see the Networks having a hard decision to make whether to air it? If CBS will put on the phony National Guard story with less evidence as this tape purportedly shows, they would seemingly put on this.

RadarOnline.com (http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2009/03/exclusive-biden-daughter-cocaine-video-was-setup)

Here's an interesting piece from the article:

RadarOnline.com viewed the tape but did not offer to purchase it. The man who made the tape shopped it to several media outlets but did not receive any written offers, we've learned.

Now, RadarOnline.com has discovered that the woman who is alleged to be Ashley Biden was set up in an elaborate plot by her "friend." The man bought cocaine and a hidden camera and brought the cocaine to a party.

He then made sure that he was in correct position to film her when she snorted the drugs.
Which he apparently forced up her nose after putting her in a headlock.

Click here to read report that the lawyer representing the drug tape seller quit.

The seller had planned to get the woman alleged to be Ashley on tape doing drugs for at least three weeks. The tape was shot this year.

It is clear from the tape that the woman said to be Ashley Biden does not know she is being filmed. (Photo: AP Images)
Because, if she did, she might not be, y'know, snorting coke.

What amazes me is that the media is more outraged that the person who took the photos bought the cocaine and planned to film her taking it, than it is about the fact that she willingly snorted cocaine. Somehow, the media never worries about whether or not Republicans were set up (especially since they're content to do the setting up themselves), but Biden's daughter gets caught doing a few lines of Bolivian Marching Powder and she's an innocent victim. Also, note the repeated use of the term alleged. I don't recall that kind of scrupulous presumption of innocence when Larry Craig was tapdancing in an airport men's room, or David Bonior filed over a hundred bogus ethics complaints against Newt Gingrich, or when the Bush administration fired six US attorneys (as opposed to the Clinton administration firing all of them), or any of the other hundreds of presumptions of guilt in Republican scandals (or non-scandals) in the media.

Well, if we're stuck with these creeps for the next four years, the least that we can do is expose them and subject them to the ridicule that they so richly deserve, but which the MSM won't deliver. I'm going to start some fun with a caption contest:

http://www.radaronline.com/sites/default/files/photos/image_20090329/6426468.jpg
Biden: I'll be right over there as soon as I get Ashley's tongue unstuck from the flagpole.

Nubs
03-31-2009, 03:22 PM
I see it as a race issue.
Look what happened to Marion Berry.

but then again he was re elected..

Oh Hell, I don't know. Guess it was the beers fault I got drunk

SaintLouieWoman
03-31-2009, 09:38 PM
O'Reilly had a piece on this tonight. He tap danced around it so much, even bleeped out the words "cocaine". And that was Fox news. :eek:

The Dems have their own protective bubble that protects them. It drives me crazy. :mad:

FlaGator
03-31-2009, 10:04 PM
O'Reilly had a piece on this tonight. He tap danced around it so much, even bleeped out the words "cocaine". And that was Fox news. :eek:

The Dems have their own protective bubble that protects them. It drives me crazy. :mad:

Actually it makes a lot of sense. They have no ethical standards which a wayward child could severly damage. After years of the Kennedy clan what ethical faux pas could the rest of the liberal crowd commit that would surprise anyone?

lacarnut
03-31-2009, 11:41 PM
The news media made a big deal out of Bush's daughters underage drinking even to the point of incarceration. Doing a couple of lines of coke is okay because the devil made her do it and it was a set up. Right.

Odysseus
04-01-2009, 10:28 AM
Actually it makes a lot of sense. They have no ethical standards which a wayward child could severally damage. After years of the Kennedy clan what ethical faux pas could the rest of the liberal crowd commit that would surprise anyone?

Tax cut advocacy. :D

FlaGator
04-01-2009, 10:29 AM
Tax cut advocacy. :D

I stand corrected :D

Odysseus
04-01-2009, 03:54 PM
I stand corrected :D

Good. Now come up with a caption for the photo above. Maybe something about her trying to snort the flagpole. :D

FlaGator
04-01-2009, 05:10 PM
Good. Now come up with a caption for the photo above. Maybe something about her trying to snort the flagpole. :D

Obviously she had that straw Biggy Sized.

AlmostThere
04-01-2009, 05:46 PM

I've been pretty much through with O'Reilly for a while. I think he's rude, obnoxious and his "No Spin" is a farce. But when I saw that bleeping out of the words, I lost the last bit of respect I had for the man. That was truly pathetic. :mad:

FOR THE LIFE OF ME, I cannot understand why so many of his guests kowtow to him. So many times I've wished his much more knowledgeable guest would tell him to STFU because he doesn't know what the hell he's talking about.

Odysseus
04-01-2009, 05:52 PM
Obviously she had that straw Biggy Sized.

She had to. She's trying to snort the center line on I-95. :D