PDA

View Full Version : April Fools Day Wednesday

Gingersnap
04-01-2009, 09:39 AM
It's going to snow this afternoon and then we'll get really dumped on sometime Friday night. I guess I'll need something a little more protective than my wall o'water thingies for those pots.

TOTD: What foods do you enjoy today but disliked as child? What things did you love as a child but couldn't be paid to eat now?

I harbored deep suspicions about cauliflower (it looks like brains) and I hated peas but I like them both now. As a child, I always thought that one of the major perks of adulthood would be the ability to skip the cookie-making process and just eat the dough. The thought leaves me completely cold today. I taste enough of the dough to make sure it's okay but that's it. I've never even had a taste of any kind of "cookie dough" ice cream.

movie buff
04-01-2009, 10:03 AM
TOTD: One of the best examples of "Hated it as a kid, love it now" for me is pumpkin pie.

megimoo
04-01-2009, 10:08 AM
It's going to snow this afternoon and then we'll get really dumped on sometime Friday night. I guess I'll need something a little more protective than my wall o'water thingies for those pots.

TOTD: What foods do you enjoy today but disliked as child? What things did you love as a child but couldn't be paid to eat now?

I harbored deep suspicions about cauliflower (it looks like brains) and I hated peas but I like them both now. As a child, I always thought that one of the major perks of adulthood would be the ability to skip the cookie-making process and just eat the dough. The thought leaves me completely cold today. I taste enough of the dough to make sure it's okay but that's it. I've never even had a taste of any kind of "cookie dough" ice cream.What ever happened to the april fool virus we were warned about ?It was suposed to be the doomsday bug for all ages.It would bring computers all over the world to chaos and ruin ?

linda22003
04-01-2009, 10:12 AM
TOTD:
1. What foods do you enjoy today but disliked as child?
2. What things did you love as a child but couldn't be paid to eat now?

1. Snails. Beef that was at all pink.
2. Chef Boy-Ar-Dee.

patriot45
04-01-2009, 10:17 AM
Then and now I cannot stomach rice pudding or tapioca, I gag!

Used to hate chili as a kid, now its almost my #1 Fav!

linda22003
04-01-2009, 10:20 AM
Rice pudding is great, but those slimy "fish eyes" in tapioca..... urrrggghhhh.....

FlaGator
04-01-2009, 10:25 AM
Something I hated as a child but love now (and the list is huge) I'd have to say my favorite thing is acorn squash. Bake it with some butter and brown sugar and it's like candy! As for something that I loved as a kid and now the thought of eating it makes me sick there are two things, boloney (or bologna as Linda will eventually point out) and pickle juice (not together).

Rebel Yell
04-01-2009, 10:46 AM
Used to hate chili as a kid, now its almost my #1 Fav!

Same here. As little as 3 or 4 years ago, I couldn't stand spicy food. Now I love to set my mouth on fire. Love Salsa, chilli, hot sauce. Go figure.

Gingersnap
04-01-2009, 11:09 AM
What ever happened to the april fool virus we were warned about ?It was suposed to be the doomsday bug for all ages.It would bring computers all over the world to chaos and ruin ?

See my Conficker thread in Tech. ;)

bmovies
04-01-2009, 11:29 AM
"What foods do you enjoy today but disliked as child?"

Broccolli, healthy cereals like Cheerios

"What things did you love as a child but couldn't be paid to eat now?"

Many of those sweet sugary cereals. I couldnt get enough of them way back then. Cant stand most of them today.

Trix, Fruit Loops, Sugar smacks, Fruity Pebbles, cocoa puffs, Captain Crunch, etc.

There are only a few I still like today: Lucky Charms, Franken Berry, Kellogs Corn Pops (back then it was known as "Sugar Pops")

PoliCon
04-01-2009, 02:37 PM
TOTD -

hated as a child:

Spinach - which is now my salad green of choice - I'm still not fond of it cooked though - unless it is in something.
Onions - I have such a bad reaction to raw onions that it was years before I'd eat them in anything. Now - I have a serious taste for them cooked - especially carmalized with a steak :)
Mushrooms - a food allergy - one wich since I'm grown I risk from time to time. I won't eat button or portobella - but I do like shiitake and oyster . . .
Beer - obviously an acquired taste . . . .

loved as a child:
Box Mac -n Cheese - I will DIE of starvation before I'll eat a single mouthful
Black licorice - THE SMELL alone makes me gag
Coffee - bleck! :mad:
Candy Corn - how they get away with classifying crap like that as food is beyond me . . . .

RobJohnson
04-02-2009, 02:21 AM
First of the month is always busy at work, even worse when medical professionals with a bunch of intials after their last names are freaking out and being grouchy.

Sales for March were up 7% compared to a year ago...

TOTD: I never really liked ham, chili, bean or potao soup...I enjoy all of them now.

I never was a huge fan of my Grandmother's homemade mac n cheese...it never tased like Kraft...now I would kill for a bowl of it!

cat714
04-02-2009, 04:04 AM

Here's a short list...

Disliked as a kid, but enjoy now: mushrooms, corned beef hash, cole slaw, rice pudding

Liked as a kid, but would gag now: Chorizo...I read the ingredients and that did it. Nesquick milk chocolate, canned soup, tuna, red vines, Fosted Flakes

RobJohnson
04-02-2009, 11:26 AM
Here's a short list...

Disliked as a kid, but enjoy now: mushrooms, corned beef hash, cole slaw, rice pudding

Liked as a kid, but would gag now: Chorizo...I read the ingredients and that did it. Nesquick milk chocolate, canned soup, tuna, red vines, Fosted Flakes

Red Vines.....yummy! :)