PDA

View Full Version : Bank rage in the City on Obama's big day

bijou
04-01-2009, 03:46 PM
http://i.thisislondon.co.uk/i/pix/galleries/news/g20protest/bloody.jpg

http://i.thisislondon.co.uk/i/pix/galleries/news/g20protest/face-bash.jpg

PROTESTERS stormed the Royal Bank of Scotland this afternoon and besieged the Bank of England as the City institutions became the target of mob hatred.

More than 4,000 demonstrators clashed with police in what Scotland Yard called “increasing levels of violence”.

A morning of peaceful marches against the G20 summit of world leaders including Barack Obama and Gordon Brown ended with the sound of broken glass in Threadneedle Street. The windows of the RBS branch office were smashed in and a group of men wearing bandanas charged inside. There were reports that some of them got on the roof of the seven-storey building.

Several police officers and demonstrators were treated for head injuries as the two sides surged backwards and forwards. A printer and other office equipment were thrown out onto the street. Hundreds of protesters cheered as a chair was used to smash one of the windows. Around the branch office, which had been shut by RBS as a precaution, demonstrators charged police lines as officers hit back with baton charges.

link (http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23669816-details/Bank+rage+in+the+City+on+Obama%27s+big+day/article.do)

As far as I can tell there were protests against everything mixed together. On my way home I passed an abandoned protest sign which read 'Quit Iraq and Afghanistan - Yes we can', I am sorry that our protesters mocked your Presidents favourite slogan. ;)

Molon Labe
04-01-2009, 04:37 PM
The liberal "spin" on this has been typical. These guys were reported as protesting "climate" issues and "global poverty"..... Of course I've read reports many are carrying signs with anti bailout messages, yet that goes unreported.

FlaGator
04-01-2009, 05:07 PM
All those Obama fans! Gosh that's worse than a Beatles concert!!!

thebeatingpulse
04-01-2009, 06:44 PM
Mark Levin just said today, he does not condone it, but he is surprised that there hasnt been an up-rising in the U.S. yet, and I was think why arent people in America getting more outraged, like the europeans. I mean they riot quite a bit, but we as conservatives, are conserative so we dont normally pull crap like that, but I am starting to wonder if we will ever get heard being so calm. The libs always use scare tactics and doom and gloom and lies to get there point across. Anyway did anyone hear rush today or maybe it was hannity, well they had a guy on there pretending he was the leader of North Korea and he said we will never have Obama hear in NK because my people already have their saviour, me. lol it was really funny to me.

FlaGator
04-01-2009, 06:49 PM
Mark Levin just said today, he does not condone it, but he is surprised that there hasnt been an up-rising in the U.S. yet, and I was think why arent people in America getting more outraged, like the europeans. I mean they riot quite a bit, but we as conservatives, are conserative so we dont normally pull crap like that, but I am starting to wonder if we will ever get heard being so calm. The libs always use scare tactics and doom and gloom and lies to get there point across. Anyway did anyone hear rush today or maybe it was hannity, well they had a guy on there pretending he was the leader of North Korea and he said we will never have Obama hear in NK because my people already have their saviour, me. lol it was really funny to me.

Those aren't upset Europeans. It the stand showing of anti-capitalists and anarchist that show up for all this global summits and create trouble and break things. Many are in it for the violence and not the politics.

JB
04-01-2009, 07:21 PM
Woo hoo.

Club them freaking hippies and then club them some more.

SarasotaRepub
04-01-2009, 07:34 PM
WOOT!!!

I love that second pic. "Here ya go mate, protest this!" :D

We should have loaned the Brits that new "Heat" weapon we've got developed.
Toasted Hippy Freak and Chips.

tacitus
04-01-2009, 09:11 PM
That kid in the 2nd pic is going to be hurting in the morning, if he isn't already. That Bobby looked like a no BS guy!

thebeatingpulse
04-01-2009, 11:52 PM
Those aren't upset Europeans. It the stand showing of anti-capitalists and anarchist that show up for all this global summits and create trouble and break things. Many are in it for the violence and not the politics.

No, I know they are against capitalism, I listened to rush today too. any way I didnt know they were mostly there for the violence, I just dont get why all the liberals are praised for their crazy shenanigans. But the conservatives express outrage for the most part nonviolently and through radio talk shows, books, and internet, but we are punished by liberals trying to shut it all down. It really makes me mad when liberal extremists can bomb something and get away with it and then become public figure and an anarchist and he is praised. This is an huge example of our countries broken morals. I know this is old stuff that I am bringing up but it all pisses me off, and this has been the most involved I have ever been with politics so I may be a little over the wall but I am so disappointed with our country.

Odysseus
04-02-2009, 03:21 PM
But... but... but... Why are they protesting when Obama is there to make everything all better? Wasn't he supposed to heal the world and make people like us again? They're supposed to meet with him and feel the new spirit of hopeychange, not riot. :rolleyes: