PDA

View Full Version : Denver Broncos

tacitus
04-01-2009, 06:55 PM
Well it appears that the drama surrounding the new kiddy coach and our QB Jay Cutler may be coming to an end. Now the end that I'd want but what the Broncos want. Owner Pat Bowlen has agreed to seek a trade for the 3 year QB, which I think is a shame for the team and the fans. Now the organization has to hunt for a starting QB, and maybe draft one of the QB's coming out this year. But they are also hunting for a nose tackle to anchor their 3-4 defense and that may be a major problem. The Broncos draft 12th in the 1st round, and it depends on which team get Cutler and what they can get for him. The obvious choice would be the Lions, they are desperate for a starting QB and might give their 20th pick in the 1st round and maybe something in the 2nd for Jay. The next few weeks should be very interesting here in Bronco land.

Bubba Dawg
04-01-2009, 08:21 PM
Michael Vick isn't with the Falcons anymore....:p:D

It is a shame about Cutler but there was just a point where you knew it wasn't going to work.

tacitus
04-01-2009, 09:18 PM
It will be interesting to see what the Broncos management comes up with. Chris Simms might be a surprise starter. :eek:

Speedy
04-02-2009, 03:57 AM
Jay Cutler is going to be a cheap pickup. He was diagnosed as a type-2 diabetic and even though he played well in the Pro-Bowl, he still had to take insulin. He can't play in Oakland (where Vick will likely end up), Miami, Tampa Bay, Jacksonville, Carolina, San Diego or Arizona. Does anyone think he would like to go to Chicago, Detroit or Cinci? Everyone else has a QB they are happy or stuck with.

tacitus
04-02-2009, 10:12 AM
Speedy Cutler is a Type 1 diabetic not a type 2. KNowing the history of the Skins owner, Cutler may be a `Skin pretty soon. I would not rule out any team that you listed, esp the Bucs, Jacksonville and Carolina.

Rebel Yell
04-02-2009, 10:18 AM
The Broncos' have said they'll take nothing less than 2 first round picks for Cutler. If I was the Lions I'd dump that no. 1 overall for Cutler in a heartbeat. If they plan on taking a QB 1st overall, they'd be a fool to take an unproven rookie over an established pro bowler who is still young. Then again, they are the Lions.

tacitus
04-02-2009, 11:11 AM
While the lure of the #1 pick is tempting, the cost is forbidding for the Donkeys. The Donkeys need help on the D, especially a nose tackle. B.J. Raji will be long gone before the Donkeys draft at #12, so it might make sense for them to look at a trade that can give them some help on the D or maybe a higher draft pick if they want Raji.

Space Gravy
04-02-2009, 12:45 PM
Ryan Leaf, Heath Shuler, Joey Harrington, Akili Smith, David Klingler, Andre Ware.

Trade the pick and take someone you know is a Pro Bowl QB.

tacitus
04-02-2009, 01:37 PM
Ryan Leaf, Heath Shuler, Joey Harrington, Akili Smith, David Klingler, Andre Ware.

Trade the pick and take someone you know is a Pro Bowl QB.

Brian Greise, Tommy Maddox

Molon Labe
04-02-2009, 03:23 PM
Heard that the Skins will be playing hard to get Cutler. Dan Snyder is an ass, but he get's what he wants.

CueSi
04-02-2009, 04:01 PM
Speedy Cutler is a Type 1 diabetic not a type 2. KNowing the history of the Skins owner, Cutler may be a `Skin pretty soon. I would not rule out any team that you listed, esp the Bucs, Jacksonville and Carolina.

Naw, Miami is perfectly happy with Miss Pennington, thank you VERY much. :p

~QC

tacitus
04-02-2009, 04:13 PM
I was watching that on ESPN. It will be interesting to see if the Donkeys get Ramsey, a draft pick or defensive help.

tacitus
04-02-2009, 06:11 PM
Cutler has been traded to DaBears for a 1st round and 3rd round this year, a 1st nest year and Kyle Orton. Da drama has ended! Look for DaBears to be a major force in the NFC North this season.

Molon Labe
04-02-2009, 06:27 PM
Cutler has been traded to DaBears for a 1st round and 3rd round this year, a 1st nest year and Kyle Orton. Da drama has ended! Look for DaBears to be a major force in the NFC North this season.

Kyle Orton.....? and two 1st rounders:confused:

The Skins could have given them much more than a has been.

tacitus
04-02-2009, 07:27 PM
I know but I guess they were not fast enough for Bowlen, or that is what Cutler wanted. The Skins had pick 13 in the 1st round, maybe the Donkeys wanted more than the Skins were willing to give up. We'll see what Denver does with those 2 1st round picks, Defense help or package them and move up to take Sanchez or Stafford? Orton and Simms may slug it out to be the starter and I don't expect the Broncos to win many games this year while Da Bears may kick ass.

Molon Labe
04-03-2009, 07:58 AM
I know but I guess they were not fast enough for Bowlen, or that is what Cutler wanted. The Skins had pick 13 in the 1st round, maybe the Donkeys wanted more than the Skins were willing to give up. We'll see what Denver does with those 2 1st round picks, Defense help or package them and move up to take Sanchez or Stafford? Orton and Simms may slug it out to be the starter and I don't expect the Broncos to win many games this year while Da Bears may kick ass.

The headlines in Denver

"Welcome to Mediocrity"

Heard on ESPN radio this a.m. that The Broncs were just more in love with Orton than Campbell

tacitus
04-03-2009, 09:12 AM
May as well write this season off, maybe next season also. :(

tacitus
04-03-2009, 10:48 PM
looks like the spammer is gone.

tacitus
04-16-2009, 03:56 PM
The headlines in Denver

"Welcome to Mediocrity"

Heard on ESPN radio this a.m. that The Broncs were just more in love with Orton than Campbell

After looking at the recently released schedule, the Broncos might win 6 games! :eek: