PDA

View Full Version : Cloverfield - Suprisingly Good

Rebel Yell
06-30-2008, 11:09 AM
I know, I know. This movie is like 6 months old. We went to rent a movie last night and my wife wanted to rent it. I tried to talk her out of it, but I really couldn't come up with anything better to rent (except, "let's watch Rambo again"). I sat down and expected to just bear it for an hour and a half or so. I never wanted to watch this movie, because I still suffer from BWS (Blair Witch Syndrome). The handheld camcorder thing scared me. Then someting happened..... this was a good movie. Once the monster attacked, there was no real lull in the pace. By the time it was over, I wanted more. I think it would be cool to make a sequel, or at least a different point of view of the same night. I noticed other people with camcorders and figure that would be the direction of a new film. All in all, it was a good watch.

Shannon
06-30-2008, 11:15 AM
We had a couple review threads on this movie when it first came out. I decided to pass. I find myself doing that more often with new movies lately.

Rebel Yell
06-30-2008, 11:22 AM
We had a couple review threads on this movie when it first came out. I decided to pass. I find myself doing that more often with new movies lately.

It's definately worth the watch.

Shannon
06-30-2008, 11:24 AM
It's definately worth the watch.

Oh, alright. I've never forgiven Ginger for that Silent Hill movie though. I hope you're right...for your sake.:p

Rebel Yell
06-30-2008, 11:29 AM
Oh, alright. I've never forgiven Ginger for that Silent Hill movie though. I hope you're right...for your sake.:p

Silent Hill sucked.

patriot45
06-30-2008, 11:47 AM
Cloverfield was a good movie, I think I read that there will be a Prequel. That was an unkllable monster, way bigger than Godzilla!
Sient Hill was scary.

megimoo
06-30-2008, 11:49 AM
I know, I know. This movie is like 6 months old. We went to rent a movie last night and my wife wanted to rent it. I tried to talk her out of it, but I really couldn't come up with anything better to rent (except, "let's watch Rambo again"). I sat down and expected to just bear it for an hour and a half or so. I never wanted to watch this movie, because I still suffer from BWS (Blair Witch Syndrome). The handheld camcorder thing scared me. Then someting happened..... this was a good movie. Once the monster attacked, there was no real lull in the pace. By the time it was over, I wanted more. I think it would be cool to make a sequel, or at least a different point of view of the same night. I noticed other people with camcorders and figure that would be the direction of a new film. All in all, it was a good watch.I can recomend one that my daughter gave me as a gift."IN BRUGES ,"
It's a strange film about two Irish "HIT Men' waiting in Belgium after a big 'Hit'for their next job !
It's funny,sad and bloody !Collin Farrell,Brendon Gleeson and Ralph Fiennes !

Rebel Yell
06-30-2008, 11:58 AM
I watched Invasion with Nicole Kidman last weekend. Pretty good. It's about these liberal "body snatchers" ending wars and making us live in perfect harmony. Plus Kidman was wearing a padded bra, her breasts were never that big (not even at the beginning af the film).

Goldwater
06-30-2008, 12:14 PM
Wow, Ginger recommended Silent Hill?

Sheesh...

linda22003
06-30-2008, 12:28 PM
I can recomend one that my daughter gave me as a gift."IN BRUGES ,"
It's a strange film about two Irish "HIT Men' waiting in Belgium after a big 'Hit'for their next job !
It's funny,sad and bloody !Collin Farrell,Brendon Gleeson and Ralph Fiennes !

I've been wanting to see it. I'll have to check to see if it's on DVD yet. Netflix, here I come.

Rebel Yell
06-30-2008, 12:28 PM
Wow, Ginger recommended Silent Hill?

Sheesh...

I had such high hopes for Silent Hill, then I watched it.

Goldwater
06-30-2008, 12:29 PM
I had such high hopes for Silent Hill, then I watched it.

Ouch... It just gets worse and worse. :D

wilbur
06-30-2008, 12:52 PM
I know, I know. This movie is like 6 months old. We went to rent a movie last night and my wife wanted to rent it. I tried to talk her out of it, but I really couldn't come up with anything better to rent (except, "let's watch Rambo again"). I sat down and expected to just bear it for an hour and a half or so. I never wanted to watch this movie, because I still suffer from BWS (Blair Witch Syndrome). The handheld camcorder thing scared me. Then someting happened..... this was a good movie. Once the monster attacked, there was no real lull in the pace. By the time it was over, I wanted more. I think it would be cool to make a sequel, or at least a different point of view of the same night. I noticed other people with camcorders and figure that would be the direction of a new film. All in all, it was a good watch.

They are making a sequel... but not sure if it's going to be another handheld cam movie.