PDA

View Full Version : Foggy Friday

linda22003
04-03-2009, 08:05 AM
It's warm, pouring rain, and very foggy in the DC area this morning. It's the kind of day where you never do wake up completely, and I'm planning on that today.

Given the discussion in another thread about quitting smoking because it's gotten so expensive, the TOTD is:
"What’s the most difficult habit you’ve tried to break? Did you succeed?"

In my case the bad habit was a person, and I ultimately did succeed. :p I've never had addiction problems, and while I have no intention of eliminating my vices, I keep them in perspective.

Space Gravy
04-03-2009, 08:58 AM
Rough storms last night but 65 and sunny here today.

I smoked for about 20 years and quit about 3 years ago. It really wasn't as bad as I thought. For all those that want to quit, trust me, don't go the miserable cold turkey route. Your doctor will have some programs that involve patches, medication, etc... that your health insurance will probably cover. I was on Blue Cross then and other than a copay they covered my prescription and patches. I was shocked how easy it was. You know that misery you feel on a plane or in someone elses car when you can't light up? I never felt like that once.

FlaGator
04-03-2009, 09:23 AM
Hopefully the rain is over for today. Big storms last night but all looks bright and sunny this A.M.

TOTD. I would say drinking, but the Lord took that from me so it wasn't an issue. One day I wanted to drink and then it was gone. Smoking, now that was a different story. The Lord got me through withdrawal after a 3 pack a day habit. Now that was miserable. If I ever start smoking again I wll never quit because I don't want to go through that ever again.

Gingersnap
04-03-2009, 09:41 AM
It's deceptively nice out today but all that's going to change this afternoon. We're in for more snow tonight and tomorrow so there's another gardening weekend shot. On the other hand, the skiing is still pretty good.

TOTD: I would say the whole OCD thing. Everything weird or habitual in my life always goes back to that eventually. I've had a lot of success with it but it's an ongoing process. Those habits of mind and behaviors are pretty seductive and oddly rewarding (in the short term). I have to keep on top of it.