PDA

View Full Version : This may be my last day here (for a couple weeks)

Rebel Yell
04-03-2009, 11:01 AM
I've got jury duty again. This time it's Federal Court, which is in Albany. It is a 2 weeks session, this time. Last time I had Federal jury duty, the case was plead out at the last minute. I still got a check for 60 bucks though.

I had jury duty a few months ago for state court. Put me a child molester in jail for life. two 20 year sentences and a life without the possibilty of parole to run consecutively.

Just wanted to say, see ya later.

Gingersnap
04-03-2009, 11:09 AM
Good luck! We'll see you back when you've discharged your duty. :)

PoliCon
04-03-2009, 11:10 AM
God bless and be sure to do what is right. :)

Rebel Yell
04-03-2009, 11:13 AM
God bless and be sure to do what is right. :)

Always. I've always wanted to serve on a jury where I get to argue with some bleeding heart who don't want lock up a piece of shit. My last one, we deliberated long enough for everyone to say "guilty". Then we ate snacks and talked about the weather so it would at least look like we discussed the case.

Lanie
04-03-2009, 01:31 PM
I've got jury duty again. This time it's Federal Court, which is in Albany. It is a 2 weeks session, this time. Last time I had Federal jury duty, the case was plead out at the last minute. I still got a check for 60 bucks though.

I had jury duty a few months ago for state court. Put me a child molester in jail for life. two 20 year sentences and a life without the possibilty of parole to run consecutively.

Just wanted to say, see ya later.

I wanted to say you're awesome for putting a child molestor in prison. You're my new hero. lol.

Don't you know any tricks for getting out of this? Say you have a bias in the case. There are other ways if you really don't want to do it. You shouldn't have to do it again so soon.

Rebel Yell
04-03-2009, 01:32 PM
I wanted to say you're awesome for putting a child molestor in prison. You're my new hero. lol.

Don't you know any tricks for getting out of this? Say you have a bias in the case. Say you don't believe in their system. Whatever.

I don't want out. I don't have any problem serving on a jury.

linda22003
04-03-2009, 01:33 PM
Don't you know any tricks for getting out of this? Say you have a bias in the case. There are other ways if you really don't want to do it. You shouldn't have to do it again so soon.

"Tricks" for "getting out of" one's civic duty. Great.

Rebel Yell
04-03-2009, 01:37 PM
"Tricks" for "getting out of" one's civic duty. Great.

Plus, I get paid on salary. I'll still get my regular paycheck, and my money for jury duty, plus mileage (about 50 miles).;)

megimoo
04-03-2009, 01:43 PM
Plus, I get paid on salary. I'll still get my regular paycheck, and my money for jury duty, plus mileage (about 50 miles).;)Take a laptop maybe they have Wi Fi ?

Rebel Yell
04-03-2009, 01:57 PM
Take a laptop maybe they have Wi Fi ?

Don't have a laptop. Plus, I doubt they'd let me.:D

Teetop
04-03-2009, 02:37 PM

Walk into court and tell the Judge, "all of them are guilty and should fry!"

Lars1701a
04-03-2009, 03:20 PM
At first I thought you were none to bright not being able to get out of jury duty, now you want to do it? You are crazy ;):D

Rebel Yell
04-03-2009, 03:54 PM
At first I thought you were none to bright not being able to get out of jury duty, now you want to do it? You are crazy ;):D

Why not?

Lars1701a
04-03-2009, 04:17 PM
Why not?

Just joking there.

If it passes the time for you to do that more power to you :)

Me on the other hand dont get paid to do that.

Rebel Yell
04-03-2009, 05:13 PM
I'm gone. See y'all around.

PoliCon
04-03-2009, 05:20 PM
I was called up twice and missed out both times - I was out of the country. Once in Ireland - the other time in Kenya.

Rebel Yell
04-06-2009, 09:03 AM
Jury duty was cancelled. I got the message Saturday morning.