PDA

View Full Version : Cheese Placement Sparks Knife And Bite Attack.

Gingersnap
04-03-2009, 05:13 PM
Cops: Man who didn't like sandwich attacks fiance
By WILLIAM BENDER
Philadelphia Daily News

benderw@phillynews.com 215-854-5255

Feeding picky eaters can be a pain.

Just ask Lyndel Toppin's fiancée, whose middle finger was almost chopped off when Toppin allegedly attacked her with a kitchen knife, according to Upper Darby police.

The reason for the assault, cops say, was a poorly made meatball sandwich. Specifically, the cheese placement was all wrong, which infuriated Toppin. "That was the catalyst," police Superintendent Michael Chitwood said.

The 44-year-old woman, whom cops did not identify, was preparing dinner last week in her Kingston Road home when Toppin "became enraged due to the victim not placing cheese on his hoagie roll correctly," according to the arrest affidavit.

Toppin grabbed a knife from the other room and slashed her finger, causing a deep laceration, she told police at Delaware County Memorial Hospital, where she received 23 stitches to close the gash.

Not Florida.

Philly.com (http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/news_update/20090403_Cops__Man_who_didn_t_like_sandwich_attack s_fiance.html)

PoliCon
04-03-2009, 05:42 PM
Not Florida.

Philly.com (http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/news_update/20090403_Cops__Man_who_didn_t_like_sandwich_attack s_fiance.html)

yes but this guy had legitimate provocation! ;)

Gingersnap
04-03-2009, 05:50 PM
yes but this guy had legitimate provocation! ;)

I didn't even know there was a cheese placement protocol. :confused:

PoliCon
04-03-2009, 05:52 PM
I didn't even know there was a cheese placement protocol. :confused:

DEAR GOD YES!! :eek: You need to know when the cheese should be on top - when it should be on bottom - when it should touch the bread - when it should not touch the bread . . . .

Gingersnap
04-04-2009, 12:25 AM
DEAR GOD YES!! :eek: You need to know when the cheese should be on top - when it should be on bottom - when it should touch the bread - when it should not touch the bread . . . .

Wow. They totally did not cover this in the Home Ec portion of 4H. I'm surprised I'm still alive.

PoliCon
04-04-2009, 12:33 AM
Wow. They totally did not cover this in the Home Ec portion of 4H. I'm surprised I'm still alive.

Your husband must be very forgiving! :eek:

Gingersnap
04-04-2009, 12:50 AM
Your husband must be very forgiving! :eek:

He's apparently content with three hots and a cot. :p

PoliCon
04-04-2009, 12:53 AM
He's apparently content with three hots and a cot. :p

you'd better keep him away from any large gatherings of men where he might get filled in on what he is entitled to by right of gender! ;)

linda22003
04-04-2009, 12:51 PM
you'd better keep him away from any large gatherings of men where he might get filled in on what he is entitled to by right of gender! ;)

Some men should not fixate on getting what they're entitled to, but should be grateful they don't get what they deserve. :p

JB
04-04-2009, 01:18 PM
There's a "cut the cheese" joke in there somewhere.