PDA

View Full Version : Saturday in the (Ball) Park and Yard

Bubba Dawg
04-04-2009, 07:26 AM
Clear and cool on the Mountain. Gotta work today.

Things are just starting to bud and bloom here. We are expecting a freeze about Monday and maybe sleet or snow but it really feels like Spring.

That means:

TOTD 1: Baseball Season!!! My team is the Atlanta Braves and I like their chances this year. Who do you like?

and/or

TOTD 2:Yard work. Do you have a yard and do you work in it, and if so, is it a necessary chore or a delight that you really look forward to?

We have about 20 wooded acres on the Mountain and maintaining the driveway is a major job, and keeping the area around the buildings is a chore, but I enjoy the flowers and stuff that Miz Bubba and her Mom maintain. I'm pretty much a mower, weed eater, chainsaw and tractor type, but the flowers are nice to look at.

PoliCon
04-04-2009, 09:08 AM
TOTD - I'll be spending my who day at the theatre. Today is our last rehersal before the show. SO . . . . no time for yeard work . . . .

Zathras
04-04-2009, 11:05 AM
TODT - SF Giants, for better or worse, are my team, baseball wise, but I'm going to see my favorite team play tonight...the best team in the league for that matter....the San Jose Sharks. As for yard work? I don't do any...we have a young man living here who, as part of his rent, does that work for us.

JB
04-04-2009, 01:01 PM
TOTD 1: The Phillies take their first step as repeat champions in 19 hours.

patriot45
04-04-2009, 02:43 PM
TOTD#1:Go Devil Rays! And Yankees :D

TOTD#2: I hate yard work. If I could I would cement my back yard and paint it green!

lacarnut
04-04-2009, 04:45 PM
TOTD 1 My favorite team is Atlanta It was my dad's team also. We watched many Braves games together.

TOTD 2 I enjoy landscaping so always thinking up new planting and container ideas. My stepson takes care of the mowing, edging, etc. I have the best looking yard in the neighborhood.

AHeneen
04-04-2009, 05:06 PM
TOTD#1:Go Devil Rays! And Yankees :D

Um...have you paid attention to the Tampa Bay team recently? They've been called the "Rays" for over a year now!

As for me...

TOTD#1: I'm not a baseball fan, but I'm excited for the nearest team to me...the Rays! They had a phenomenal season last year and I know they'll do just as well again.

TOTD#2: I like being outside, but certainly not doing yard work. It's definitely a chore. On average, I'd say the grass is a good 4-5in. tall before it gets mowed.

patriot45
04-04-2009, 08:29 PM
Um...have you paid attention to the Tampa Bay team recently? They've been called the "Rays" for over a year now!

As for me...

TOTD#1: I'm not a baseball fan, but I'm excited for the nearest team to me...the Rays! They had a phenomenal season last year and I know they'll do just as well again.

TOTD#2: I like being outside, but certainly not doing yard work. It's definitely a chore. On average, I'd say the grass is a good 4-5in. tall before it gets mowed.

I like the old name!

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i230/patriot45270/TB_DevilRays.gif