PDA

View Full Version : 3 police officers shot in Pittsburgh

SarasotaRepub
04-04-2009, 10:36 AM
(CNN) -- Three police officers were shot in Pittsburgh on Saturday, as they responded to a domestic call, Allegheny County police said.

A gunman is apparently holed up inside a home in the Stanton Heights neighborhood of the western Pennsylvania city.

The conditions of the officers were not known.

LINK (http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/04/04/pittsburgh.officers.shot/index.html)

newshutr
04-04-2009, 01:22 PM
Three Officers Dead, 2 Injured. Suspect wounded and in custody. (http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/news/19094064/detail.html#)

Four officers were called to 1016 Fairfield St. for a domestic call at about 7 a.m., upon which shots were fired, Stockey reported. SWAT members attending to the officers were also shot at, Stockey said. Richard said a family member was also inside the house.

A neighbor said his family awoke to as many as 100 rounds were possibly fired at the scene, which remained active for hours throughout the morning.

"I saw officers running up the street in full riot gear with rifles drawn," Stockey said. "Then, to hear the gunshots -- and not just how loud they were but how many the were -- it went on for about 15 to 20 minutes."

And hell, I'm going to be in Pittsburgh tomorrow morning.....

linda22003
04-04-2009, 03:04 PM
I doubt you'll be a target. We were there within the last two weeks, and we were fine.

newshutr
04-04-2009, 08:11 PM
I doubt you'll be a target. We were there within the last two weeks, and we were fine.

I didn't mean it like that.:rolleyes:

I have many many friends on the PghPD from my years working overnights at WPXI. It's sad and the city will be morose.

cat714
04-05-2009, 08:55 PM
This is really sad...too bad they didn't kill the gunman. Thoughts and prayers to the family and friends.

I wonder if the Jesse Jacksons of the world will say he's misunderstood and the killings were done out of years of oppression. Oh wait! Can't do that because the gunman is white. :rolleyes:

PoliCon
04-06-2009, 12:16 AM
even more fun is it has the lefties here clamoring for more gun control laws.

:(

Fergus
04-06-2009, 10:46 PM
I wish the police would stop cluttering up their toolbelts with OC and Tazers.

Seems like dual handguns with a boatload of ammo would be the smarter move these days.

PoliCon
04-06-2009, 11:29 PM
my question is - what ever happened to COME OUT WHITH YOUR HANDS UP?

Fergus
04-07-2009, 11:24 PM
my question is - what ever happened to COME OUT WHITH YOUR HANDS UP?

You mean whatever happened to quotes from movies from the 50's?

I guess they got tossed into the waste basket when crack cocaine was invented and President Clinton lied to Congress.

Im sorry, I really am, but it's a different world now.

PoliCon
04-08-2009, 11:01 AM
Apparently the dispatcher had information that the shooter could be armed - and did not for what ever reason - pass that on. :(

Rebel Yell
04-08-2009, 11:07 AM
the shooter could be armed (

Ya think? I'm sorry, that just struck me as funny.

PoliCon
04-08-2009, 11:08 AM
Ya think? I'm sorry, that just struck me as funny.The poor women is in therapy now. :(