PDA

View Full Version : What are Your Favorite TV Shows that You Watch Every Week?

Speedy
04-05-2009, 02:13 PM
Two shows that are on my "can't miss" list are 24, which I watch every Monday and The Beast on Thursday.

Watching The Beast on Thursday nights is almost inspirational. Patrick Swazye is very ill with cancer and was from the very start of this series yet he has been doing his own stunts and has been great in this show. I do not think that Mr. Swayze will even be alive to do a second season of this series.

One show that is almost on my can't miss list is CSI: NY. Probably the best of the three CSI shows on CBS. I really like the characters in this one. I also have a lot of respect for Gary Sinise as a person. He is a big supporter of the troops.

SarasotaRepub
04-05-2009, 02:32 PM
24!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Star Gate on Friday night.

movie buff
04-05-2009, 07:34 PM
'Heroes,' 'Smallville,' 'Monk' (When it's on), and 'Reaper.

tacitus
04-05-2009, 09:16 PM
CSI-NY & Vegas

Diners, Driveins and Dives

Speedy
04-05-2009, 10:33 PM
'Heroes,' 'Smallville,' 'Monk' (When it's on), and 'Reaper.

I try to catch Reaper when I can. Have you caught a show in a similar vein but much darker, Supernatural?

patriot45
04-05-2009, 10:42 PM
24!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Star Gate on Friday night.

House and then 24! Mondays used to suck!:D

clinger6
04-05-2009, 10:47 PM
Barry's town hall meetings on YouTube..haha

24 and the beast

and i'm still trying to figure out dollhouse

Zathras
04-06-2009, 02:50 AM
Have quite a few actually....24 & CSI Vegas/NY for broadcast channels. On cable it's Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe, Mythbusters and Deadliest Catch, all on The Discovery Channel.

FlaGator
04-06-2009, 09:03 AM
Oprah and Dr. Phil :eek:

Rebel Yell
04-06-2009, 09:07 AM
House, South Park, Cold Case, Intervention, Nip/Tuck is a new addition (thanks to my wife).

linda22003
04-06-2009, 09:07 AM
I realized I don't have anything that fits the "never miss" category. Often we like "Antiques Roadshow" on Monday nights. Our first choice is always whatever movie Netflix has sent us in the mail. If we're not in a movie mood, we often watch Dave Ramsey on Fox Business at 8 pm.

Sometimes we do what we did last night... pour a glass of wine, put on some jazz or classical music, and.... talk to each other. Pretty kinky stuff, I know. :D

noonwitch
04-06-2009, 09:48 AM
I watch Lost, The Simpsons and am looking forward to Fringe's return tomorrow night.

I watch a lot of other shows less regularly. I try not to miss any televised Red Wing games, although I'll turn them off if they aren't playing well. I watch South Park most of the time, but I don't watch it if I know that it an episode is going to offend me. It's not often that it does, but occasionally it crosses a line I'm not comfortable with.

I used to watch Law and Order: SVU, but I just can't take the subject matter anymore. I like the cast and all, but it is just too depressing.

I tape my story (GH) daily and watch it when I get home. I've been watching it forever.

Gingersnap
04-06-2009, 09:50 AM
Like Linda, "never miss" is too high a standard for me. Luckily, the DVR will record '24' and other shows for me.

Normally, in any given week I will watch '24', "Intervention", "Hell's Kitchen", and possibly "My Shocking Story" (if it's really shocking).

Other than that, I selectively watch (or record) some real movies, some military documentaries, and certain Lifetime Movies that involve teen destruction, kinky addictions, or suburban murder. :D

Rebel Yell
04-06-2009, 10:06 AM
I don't watch anything live anymore, except ballgames, ESPN and the news. I just record all my favorite shows and watch them later. Example, at bout 8pm tonight, I'll watch Seinfeld from earlier today, then watch the House that comes on at 8pm. Then I can skip the commercials. I'm an advertisers worst nightmare.

Speedy
04-12-2009, 01:34 AM
Southland is looking like a must watch show. For a few weeks, anyway. It is on NBC and that network is all about cutting any show that is anywhere near good. My Own Worst Enemy, The Black Donnelleys, Journeyman all good series with the bad luck of being on NBC.

Kings is another casualty, but it was already way too epic in scope to survive.

Water Closet
04-12-2009, 07:43 AM
The Amazing Race, Last Restaurant Standing, Top Chef, and Monday Night Raw (:D)

movie buff
04-12-2009, 07:54 AM
I try to catch Reaper when I can. Have you caught a show in a similar vein but much darker, Supernatural?

I occasionally watch 'Supernatural,' if the preview for the episode makes it look particularly interesting, but I don't make a priority of seeing it regularly because of how dark it can be. I like Jensen Ackles, though, he's cool. If he bulked up a little, I could see him playing the title role in the upcoming 'Captain America' movie.

A show which was once on my 'Every week' list but isn't any longer is 'The Simpsons.' I love the movie and most of the older seasons, but it seems like the past few seasons it's been less about maing people laugh and more about Matt Groening and the writers pushing a liberal agenda on us and mocking or demonizing anything conservative or Christian in nature. Hence, I don't watch it as much anymore, and it's also making me wonder if their plans to resurrect 'Futurama' are such a good idea (i.e. the movie 'Bender's Big Score' made it appear as if Matt Groening needed to be rushed tothe hospital so that his lips could be surgically removed from Al Gore's butt).