PDA

View Full Version : Let's All Surrender Our Weapons -- You First!

patriot45
04-09-2009, 10:00 AM
Aha! The latest from Ann! Sure to get the sissy libs riled up! :D

Ann for SecDef (http://townhall.com/columnists/AnnCoulter/2009/04/08/lets_all_surrender_our_weapons_--_you_first!?page=full&comments=true)

The rash of recent shooting incidents has led people who wouldn't know an AK-47 from a paintball gun to issue demands for more restrictions on guns. To be sure, it's hard to find any factor in these shootings that could be responsible -- other than the gun.

So far, this year's public multiple shootings were committed by:

-- Richard Poplawski, 23, product of a broken family, expelled from high school and dishonorably discharged from the Marines, who killed three policemen in Pittsburgh.

-- Former crack addict Jiverly Wong, 41, who told co-workers "America sucks" yet somehow was not offered a job as a speechwriter for Barack Obama, who blockaded his victims in a civic center in Binghamton, N.Y., and shot as many people as he could, before killing himself.

-- Robert Stewart, 45, a three-time divorcee and high school dropout with "violent tendencies" -- according to one of his ex-wives -- who shot up the nursing home in Carthage, N.C., where his newly estranged wife worked.

-- Lovelle Mixon, 26, a paroled felon, struggling to get his life back on track by pimping, who shot four cops in Oakland, Calif. -- before eventually being shot himself.

-- Twenty-eight-year-old Michael McLendon, child of divorce, living with his mother and boycotting family funerals because he hated his relatives, who killed 10 of those relatives and their neighbors in Samson, Ala.

It might make more sense to outlaw men than guns. Or divorce. Or crack. Or to prohibit felons from having guns. Except we already outlaw crack and felons owning guns and yet still, somehow, Wong got crack and Mixon got a gun.

After being pulled over for a routine traffic violation, Lovelle Mixon did exactly what they teach in driver's ed by immediately shooting four cops. Mixon's supporters held a posthumous rally in his honor, claiming he shot the cops only in "self-defense," which I take it includes the cop Mixon shot while the officer was lying on the ground.

I guess Mixon also raped that 12-year-old girl in "self-defense." Clearly, the pimping industry has lost a good man. I wish I'd known him. I tip my green velvet fedora with the dollar signs all over it to him. Why do the good ones always die young? Pimps, I mean.

Liberals tolerate rallies on behalf of cop-killers, but they prohibit law-abiding citizens working at community centers in Binghamton, N.Y., from being armed to defend themselves from disturbed, crack-addicted America-haters like Jiverly Wong.

It's something in liberals' DNA: They think they can pass a law eliminating guns and nuclear weapons, but teenagers having sex is completely beyond our control.

The demand for more gun control in response to any crime involving a gun is exactly like Obama's response to North Korea's openly belligerent act of launching a long-range missile this week: Obama leapt to action by calling for worldwide nuclear disarmament.

Continued (http://townhall.com/columnists/AnnCoulter/2009/04/08/lets_all_surrender_our_weapons_--_you_first!?page=2)

tacitus
04-09-2009, 10:09 AM
It's something in liberals' DNA: They think they can pass a law eliminating guns and nuclear weapons, but teenagers having sex is completely beyond our control.

That's because the libs are insane. You can pass all the laws you can dream up, enforcing them is a different story. But that does not stop them from passing more unenforceable laws.

Odysseus
04-09-2009, 10:54 AM
Aha! The latest from Ann! Sure to get the sissy libs riled up! :D

Ann for SecDef (http://townhall.com/columnists/AnnCoulter/2009/04/08/lets_all_surrender_our_weapons_--_you_first!?page=full&comments=true)

Continued (http://townhall.com/columnists/AnnCoulter/2009/04/08/lets_all_surrender_our_weapons_--_you_first!?page=2)

I can't decide between her and Mark Levin for Attorney General in my dream administration. :D

PoliCon
04-09-2009, 11:55 AM
I can't decide between her and Mark Levin for Attorney General in my dream administration. :D

I want her for ambassador to the UN. :cool:

Odysseus
04-09-2009, 12:04 PM
I want her for ambassador to the UN. :cool:

Uh uh. I have another pick for that. See here (http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showthread.php?t=13339) and come up with your own. :D

lacarnut
04-09-2009, 12:40 PM
Uh uh. I have another pick for that. See here (http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showthread.php?t=13339) and come up with your own. :D

All great picks except one. The US should withdraw from the UN and telll them to find another location. Consequently, no need for a UN Ambassador

PoliCon
04-09-2009, 01:17 PM
All great picks except one. The US should withdraw from the UN and telll them to find another location. Consequently, no need for a UN Ambassador

no no no - we need to send someone there who is going to tell them to fuck off and get them all riled up! :)

megimoo
04-09-2009, 02:36 PM
That's because the libs are insane. You can pass all the laws you can dream up, enforcing them is a different story. But that does not stop them from passing more unenforceable laws.
That's why most of the psychiatrysts are liberals they are able to ignore the rules and make liberalism and Homosexuality normal by redefining the diseases. For example Psychopathy is now called Sociopathy and Pre Suicidal Manic Depression is now called a Bipolar Disorder.

Summary: Recent studies show homosexuals have a substantially greater risk of suffering from a psychiatric problems than do heterosexuals. We see higher rates of suicide, depression, bulimia, antisocial personality disorder, and substance abuse. This paper highlights some new and significant considerations that reflect on the question of those mental illnesses and on their possible sources.

The American Psychiatric Association removed homosexuality from its diagnostic list of mental disorders in 1973, despite substantial protest (see Socarides, 1995). The A.P.A. was strongly motivated by the desire to reduce the effects of social oppression. However, one effect of the A.P.A.'s action was to add psychiatric authority to gay activists' insistence that homosexuals as a group are as healthy as heterosexuals. This has discouraged publication of research that suggests there may, in fact, be psychiatric problems associated with homosexuality.
The Liberal Mind: The Psychological Causes of Political Madness.

Based on strikingly irrational beliefs and emotions, modern liberals relentlessly undermine the most important principles on which our freedoms were founded,” says Dr. Lyle Rossiter, author of the new book, “The Liberal Mind: The Psychological Causes of Political Madness.” “Like spoiled, angry children, they rebel against the normal responsibilities of adulthood and demand that a parental government meet their needs from cradle to grave.”

While political activists on the other side of the spectrum have made similar observations, Rossiter boasts professional credentials and a life virtually free of activism and links to “the vast right-wing conspiracy.”

For more than 35 years he has diagnosed and treated more than 1,500 patients as a board-certified clinical psychiatrist and examined more than 2,700 civil and criminal cases as a board-certified forensic psychiatrist. He received his medical and psychiatric training at the University of Chicago.

Rossiter says the kind of liberalism being displayed by the two major candidates for the Democratic Party presidential nomination can only be understood as a psychological disorder.

“A social scientist who understands human nature will not dismiss the vital roles of free choice, voluntary cooperation and moral integrity – as liberals do,” he says. “A political leader who understands human nature will not ignore individual differences in talent, drive, personal appeal and work ethic, and then try to impose economic and social equality on the population – as liberals do. And a legislator who understands human nature will not create an environment of rules which over-regulates and over-taxes the nation’s citizens, corrupts their character and reduces them to wards of the state – as liberals do.”

Dr. Rossiter says the liberal agenda preys on weakness and feelings of inferiority in the population by:

creating and reinforcing perceptions of victimization;

satisfying infantile claims to entitlement, indulgence and compensation;

augmenting primitive feelings of envy;

rejecting the sovereignty of the individual, subordinating him to the will of the government.
“The roots of liberalism – and its associated madness

– can be clearly identified by understanding how children develop from infancy to adulthood and how distorted development produces the irrational beliefs of the liberal mind,” he says. “When the modern liberal mind whines about imaginary victims, rages against imaginary villains and seeks above all else to run the lives of persons competent to run their own lives, the neurosis of the liberal mind becomes painfully obvious.”
http://neveryetmelted.com/2008/02/16/libaralism-as-a-mental-disorder/

Odysseus
04-09-2009, 04:58 PM
No, we should condemn the land that the UN is on and kick them out of the country, but appoint an ambassador who is willing to get in their faces and make it clear that continued intransigence will result in vastly diminished foreign aid.
BTW, I have no illusions about some of my choices getting past the Senate, but can you imagine what the confirmation hearings will be like? I'd want pay-per-view rights for Levin's hearings. :D

no no no - we need to send someone there who is going to tell them to fuck off and get them all riled up! :)
Victor Davis Hansen is my choice. He understands the issues, is incredibly well-read and knows the historical context for today's political dramas. Plus, the left will be apopleptic over his appointment.

Sonnabend
04-09-2009, 06:27 PM
The demand for more gun control in response to any crime involving a gun is exactly like Obama's response to North Korea's openly belligerent act of launching a long-range missile this week: Obama leapt to action by calling for worldwide nuclear disarmament.

There was a great hoo has about a "gun amnesty" here, and the cops were waxing lyric al on how many "illegal guns they got off the street"....yet when i sent an email to ask the police reporter just how many crack addicts, armed robbers, Hells Angels, Comancheros, carjackers, ramraiders, home invaders and other hardcore criminal types had walked into a police station and handed in their guns...silence.

The police refuse to advise or publish just how many guns were turned in by gang members, and others with a history of violent crime.

I know the answer to that anyway.

NONE.

PoliCon
04-10-2009, 01:09 PM
Victor Davis Hansen is my choice. He understands the issues, is incredibly well-read and knows the historical context for today's political dramas. Plus, the left will be apopleptic over his appointment.

Not as much as they would be if Ann was appointed. :cool:

Odysseus
04-12-2009, 04:23 PM
Not as much as they would be if Ann was appointed. :cool:

Yeah, but she'd be a better solicitor general, and the left would go berserk every time she argued a case before the Supreme Court. The only positions that would draw more fire are the Attorney General (and I've got Mark Levin marked down for that) and a Supreme Court position, but that would have to wait for a vacancy.