PDA

View Full Version : Tornado Warning....

Bubba Dawg
04-10-2009, 06:15 PM
Okay, I plan to start a Jukebox but we are having rough weather. The county is under a tornado warning. The satellite is obscured so we can't see the weather radar. We're getting hail now. I am amazed I still have internet access.

By the way, a good Good Friday to you all. Peace.

Bubba Dawg
04-10-2009, 06:37 PM
Yaay!!! Still got power and the TV is working again. Looks like the worst of it passed south of us. More off to the west headin' this way but WDOG is still on the air. :D

SaintLouieWoman
04-10-2009, 07:06 PM
Yaay!!! Still got power and the TV is working again. Looks like the worst of it passed south of us. More off to the west headin' this way but WDOG is still on the air. :D
Glad you're safe, know how scary it is when those tornado warnings go out.

Bubba Dawg
04-10-2009, 07:15 PM
Glad you're safe, know how scary it is when those tornado warnings go out.

Thanks STL. Looks like we'll have storms moving this way all evening. Fortunately we live in a house with the first floor dug into the side of a mountain so at least we have an interior room that is virtually underground.....

Underground....that would make me a Conservative.... Underground.....hmmm...

:D

Moon
04-10-2009, 07:50 PM
Our tornado warning just expired. You may have more nasty weather coming your way, depending on where you are in GA.

Bubba Dawg
04-10-2009, 07:58 PM
Our tornado warning just expired. You may have more nasty weather coming your way, depending on where you are in GA.

I am in extreme Northeast Georgia. A few miles north is North Carolina. A few miles east is South Carolina.

Funny thing is, the Braves game is being played in Atlanta right now, about 100 miles away to the southwest, and they have not yet been affected. A lot of stuff is still off to the west moving this way though.

Glad you're okay.

Moon
04-10-2009, 08:53 PM
I am in extreme Northeast Georgia. A few miles north is North Carolina. A few miles east is South Carolina.

Funny thing is, the Braves game is being played in Atlanta right now, about 100 miles away to the southwest, and they have not yet been affected. A lot of stuff is still off to the west moving this way though.

Glad you're okay.

It was windy as heck, but no rain or lightning. Out of respect for Mother Nature, I waited until the tornado warning expired before I ordered my pizza. :D

It looks like there's a pretty ugly t-storm right on top of downtown Atlanta, so I'm surprised the game is still on.

SarasotaRepub
04-10-2009, 10:34 PM
Glad you girls are safe!!! :eek::D:D

Moon
04-10-2009, 11:01 PM
Glad you girls are safe!!! :eek::D:D

LMAO!

djones520
04-11-2009, 07:41 AM
The satellite is obscured so you can't see the radar?

I think I'm missing something. Satellite and Radar are two completely differant things that have no interaction at all with each other (unless it's a satellite mounted radar, but those have nothing at all to do with looking for tornado's).

SarasotaRepub
04-11-2009, 09:25 AM

I think I'm missing something. Satellite and Radar are two completely differant things that have no interaction at all with each other (unless it's a satellite mounted radar, but those have nothing at all to do with looking for tornado's).

Since I've had DishNetwork I'm sure he's saying the TV pic is down due to the heavy rain. :D

djones520
04-11-2009, 09:27 AM
Since I've had DishNetwork I'm sure he's saying the TV pic is down due to the heavy rain. :D

Ahhh... that would make a bit more sense then.

Thats why I have cable.

djones520
04-11-2009, 09:33 AM
In the event of such future incidents, you may find these a bit helpful.

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/wwa/

http://www.nws.noaa.gov/radar_tab.php

The first link will show you all the watches and warnings that the NWS has issued. The second link will give you a national radar that you can zoom down to each individual WSR-88D around the country.

Bubba Dawg
04-11-2009, 09:48 AM

The only way I can get TV here is with a satellite dish. When we have extreme weather the signal from the satellite to my dish is obscured by the clouds so I can't pick up my TV signal. I was watching the radar from the Atlanta TV station and when I lost my TV (satellite) reception I couldn't see the radar anymore.
It came back on pretty soon after that when the clouds moved on.

Bubba Dawg
04-11-2009, 09:50 AM

Since We've got DISH (which I like a lot) ours rarely goes down. When it does, it is usually a severe thunderstorm to our southwest that does it.

Or snow in the dish which is easily dealt with. :D

Bubba Dawg
04-11-2009, 09:51 AM
In the event of such future incidents, you may find these a bit helpful.

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/wwa/

http://www.nws.noaa.gov/radar_tab.php

The first link will show you all the watches and warnings that the NWS has issued. The second link will give you a national radar that you can zoom down to each individual WSR-88D around the country.

Excellent. Thanks. I tried to get into WSB Atlanta to watch their radar but I guess the site was too busy.
Then I got my signal back so I quit looking.

Bubba Dawg
04-11-2009, 09:53 AM
Glad you girls are safe!!! :eek::D

Nice. :D

And I was worried I couldn't start a Jukebox!!!!:eek:

Bubba Dawg
04-11-2009, 09:55 AM
Ahhh... that would make a bit more sense then.

Thats why I have cable.

Cable comes to within about a mile of my house. They said they would run it up the Mountain for about $2,000.00 I said thanks anyway and got Direct TV. Then I switched to DISH which is generally very reliable.

SarasotaRepub
04-11-2009, 01:21 PM
Cable comes to within about a mile of my house. They said they would run it up the Mountain for about $2,000.00 I said thanks anyway and got Direct TV. Then I switched to DISH which is generally very reliable.

Back when I had Dish in FL the thing would go out in Med. to Severe T-Storms. They have improved the reception from what I hear. We picked up a inch and a quarters worth of rain from this last storm.

Bubba Dawg
04-11-2009, 01:46 PM
Back when I had Dish in FL the thing would go out in Med. to Severe T-Storms. They have improved the reception from what I hear. We picked up a inch and a quarters worth of rain from this last storm.

The reception is much improved in the last few years. I think ours receives from two satellites instead of just one.

Bubba Dawg
04-11-2009, 02:11 PM
It was windy as heck, but no rain or lightning. Out of respect for Mother Nature, I waited until the tornado warning expired before I ordered my pizza. :D

It looks like there's a pretty ugly t-storm right on top of downtown Atlanta, so I'm surprised the game is still on.

In about the third there was a rain delay. Thnne when play resumed it went to extra innings. Finished last night about 1:30 a.m. but I had retired much much much earlier.

BRAVES WON IT IN 10!!!:)