PDA

View Full Version : Biden puppy purchase leads to HELL for PA woman

Elspeth
04-10-2009, 06:25 PM
God damn the animal rights activists!

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Bidens-Puppy-Breeder-Never-never-never-again.html?yhp=1

Biden's Puppy Breeder: "Never, Never, Never Again"
Woman is vilified for selling a pedigreed pup to the Bidens.

By KAREN ARAIZA

Updated 2:48 PM EDT, Fri, Apr 10, 2009

Fifteen minutes of fame turned into four months of bitter remorse for the Chester County woman who sold the Bidens their adorable little German shepherd puppy.

Linda Brown's been investigated, scorned and had her life threatened.

"I thought when Joe Biden bought a puppy from me, what an honor," Brown told the Daily Local News. "Out of millions of breeders in the country, in the world, he picked me."

That was December.

When the story got out, Brown faced backlash from pet lovers who thought the Bidens should have opted for a shelter over a breeder to find their new puppy.

PETA seized the moment as an opportunity to blame the killing of shelter animals on people who buy from breeders. The organization's TV commercial, "Buy One, Get One Killed" ran in Delaware after the Biden puppy story made headlines.

Dog wardens from the state showed up at Brown's Wolf Den kennel, repeatedly, for inspections.

"I was cited for a piece of kibble on the floor and five strands of dog hair. They took a picture of that, they walked around, snapped pictures and don't tell you why," Brown told the newspaper.

She was found "not guilty" for each citation, but hiring a lawyer for the court hearings has cost her $4,000 so far in legal fees.

Brown says she and Biden both received death threats from animal activists.

"Never, never, never again," Brown said about selling a dog to anyone with a high profile.

Her advice to breeders who've called about the Obama's puppy search: Don't do it!

"It's been horrific since December," she said.

marinejcksn
04-10-2009, 06:43 PM
Did the morons at PETA bother to inform the public that they KILL almost 90% of the animals they "Save"? My guess is no.

I think the dumbest Veep of all time should have to pay back the legal fees to this woman and PETA should be sued for damages.

Sonnabend
04-10-2009, 07:04 PM
Fifteen minutes of fame turned into four months of bitter remorse for Samuel Joseph Wurzelbacher who was unfortunate enough to encounter Obama on his campaign

Fixed.

And I'll bet she's an Obama voter as well.

No pity, no sympathy and she cant say she hadn't been warned of what was about to happen.

JB
04-10-2009, 07:55 PM
And I'll bet she's an Obama voter as well.

No pity, no sympathy and she cant say she hadn't been warned of what was about to happen.That's President Obama to you.

And...you're blaming her? Are you serious?

I just read this article and felt like I was in the twilight zone. This woman suffers scorn, an investigation and death threats because she sold a dog? These nutbags are blaming her because Biden didn't rescue a dog? What freaking country am I living in? What the feck is going on.

She had an impeccable record as far as inspections go and now she's out 4 grand because PETA and other bleeding-heart assholes are pissed because she breeds dogs? Fuck all of them.

I'm starting a business where you can buy animal offsets if this shit keeps up.

marinejcksn
04-10-2009, 08:00 PM
I'm starting a business where you can buy animal offsets if this shit keeps up.

This almost made me spit pudding all over my computer screen. :D

I'll sign on to buy your offsets, we can all get rich like Al Gore. Call it a "Pup & Trade" system. :cool:

Elspeth
04-10-2009, 10:51 PM
Did the morons at PETA bother to inform the public that they KILL almost 90% of the animals they "Save"? My guess is no.

I think the dumbest Veep of all time should have to pay back the legal fees to this woman and PETA should be sued for damages.

I'd love to see PETA put out of business for good.

Elspeth
04-10-2009, 10:52 PM
I just read this article and felt like I was in the twilight zone. This woman suffers scorn, an investigation and death threats because she sold a dog? These nutbags are blaming her because Biden didn't rescue a dog? What freaking country am I living in? What the feck is going on.

She had an impeccable record as far as inspections go and now she's out 4 grand because PETA and other bleeding-heart assholes are pissed because she breeds dogs? Fuck all of them.

AMEN! (We need a clapping icon)

Gingersnap
04-10-2009, 11:11 PM
This is absurd and if it means breeders will refuse to sell to politicos and celebrates - good!

I love my purebred dogs. I've had mutts and I don't have anything against them. I also sew a lot of my own clothes. I'm under no illusion that my sewing products have exactly the same fabric, fit, and design that I see in Vogue or on the rack. But I sew what I like and I like ultra-classic clothes. I don't want the government to peer into my sewing room.

Dogs, clothes, vegetables, rainwater.....

Leave people alone!

Sonnabend
04-10-2009, 11:35 PM
That's President Obama to you.

And...you're blaming her? Are you serious?*sigh*..no

Just that I saw this coming a mile off....:(

noonwitch
04-13-2009, 08:58 AM
The PA attorney general's office needs to launch an investigation into connections between PETA and the animal control board. There is something really fishy about how PETA got them to harrass this woman. Hopefully, the Secret Service is investigating the death threats this woman received, since Biden also got them.

It's not impossible to believe that PETA people could go undercover and get jobs in the state's animal control office. It probably doesn't take an advanced degree to get an investigator's job-maybe not even a bachelor's degree. The applicants probably take a test, have an interview or two, and are given a drug test before they are hired.

PoliCon
04-13-2009, 09:09 AM

Remember what PETA stands for - People for the ETHICAL treatment of animals . . . . When have you ever known the left to have anything more than very slippery ethics and morals? :rolleyes:

tacitus
04-13-2009, 10:03 AM
AMEN! (We need a clapping icon)

http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Respect/respect-040.GIF

MrsSmith
04-13-2009, 11:45 PM
Honestly, this breeder should have seen it coming. PETA has been working to destroy animal breeders for decades. They've gotten some insane laws passed, also. There are so many braindead celebrities giving them money that they have incredible power. It's actually lucky for the breeder that she doesn't live in the Midwest...I've even had supposedly educated people inform me that every kennel in the Midwest is a puppy mill...period.

My mother worked with a commercial kennel for many years, she sold her puppies through them. I worked for this commerical kennel for a while as a young adult. They bought and sold puppies that were carefully inspected and had to meet breed standards. A crooked tooth, undropped testicle, or hernia were reasons enough to refuse a puppy. They were very careful to buy only from reputable people, all the pups were clean, healthy, had all their shots, etc. etc. They also raised a few breeds, mostly those that required extra veterinary attention or were too expensive for most people to buy. All their dogs were clean and well cared for, the pups were played with and cuddled...it was a business where dog lovers could earn a decent wage and enjoy their work.

I recently had occasion to try to contact this breeder. As they run a business, you would expect that would be simple. I searched for their website, and found it. They had NO contact information anywhere. Not a number, not an e-mail address, not a mailing address, nothing. What they had was lots of pictures of the pups they've sold, and the kennels they buy from.

I also ran across 100's of other mentions of this commercial kennel...and could understand why they've eliminated their contact info. They were vilified in every way possible. "Puppy mill" was the mildest term used.

I know these people, and the care they take for their animals. I know many of their breeders, and the care they take. There are no puppy mills involved at all.

I've also known a lot of people who raise puppies in their back yards. I've helped some of them with removing dew claws and giving shots. These puppies are usually raised on dirt or in straw. They are usually wormy and unhealthy and dirty. The people mean well, but they simply don't know what it takes to raise a healthy puppy...and aren't usually willing to spend money on a vet for the things they can't do alone.

I have worked in shelters, also. I know exactly how most of them treat the animals they "rescue." I know how many are adopted, and how the excess are killed.

And I know exactly where I'd go for a puppy. I feel bad for the ones destroyed by ignorant people who can't spend $60 getting their dog fixed, but I'll buy a healthy, happy, cared-for pup from a reputable breeder.

noonwitch
04-14-2009, 08:52 AM
I have worked in shelters, also. I know exactly how most of them treat the animals they "rescue." I know how many are adopted, and how the excess are killed.

And I know exactly where I'd go for a puppy. I feel bad for the ones destroyed by ignorant people who can't spend $60 getting their dog fixed, but I'll buy a healthy, happy, cared-for pup from a reputable breeder.

I don't have any problem with reputable breeders-my mom has gotten all of her dogs from breeders, and the one time we got a dog from a pet store, the puppy died a few weeks later from worm complications. PETA irritates me on so many levels.

But I have gotten two wonderful dogs in my adult life from shelters. The first, Rosie, had a lot of problems, behavior-wise and was a really messed up dog, when I got her. She ended up being a really sweet dog who was kind of dumb. I got her at the K-zoo county shelter when I was in college.

I got my current dog, Katie, from the MHS shelter in Detroit. She is the best dog. She's kind of old, now, almost 11. She is a norweigian elkhound, according to the vet. She loves kids, she loves my cat, she likes most people except one of my uncles and my friend's husband. Katie follows my 6 year old neice around devotedly, and will ditch sleeping in my bed for the kid, any time she gets a chance.

People have different reasons for getting dogs-if you live somewhere with size limitations, well, it's better to go with a breed that has a standard. Or allergies to shedding dogs, or so on. But there's nothing wrong with a shelter dog, as long as you know the shelter. The Kalamazoo shelter was a pit, and Rosie had worms badly. Katie was in much better health and had been treated better by the Humane Society.

PoliCon
04-14-2009, 05:39 PM
There are so many braindead celebrities giving them money that they have incredible power. Like most lefties they claim to be all about compassion - but they only give their own money to hurt humanbeings and to produce questionable "art."

MrsSmith
04-14-2009, 11:24 PM
I don't have any problem with reputable breeders-my mom has gotten all of her dogs from breeders, and the one time we got a dog from a pet store, the puppy died a few weeks later from worm complications. PETA irritates me on so many levels.

But I have gotten two wonderful dogs in my adult life from shelters. The first, Rosie, had a lot of problems, behavior-wise and was a really messed up dog, when I got her. She ended up being a really sweet dog who was kind of dumb. I got her at the K-zoo county shelter when I was in college.

I got my current dog, Katie, from the MHS shelter in Detroit. She is the best dog. She's kind of old, now, almost 11. She is a norweigian elkhound, according to the vet. She loves kids, she loves my cat, she likes most people except one of my uncles and my friend's husband. Katie follows my 6 year old neice around devotedly, and will ditch sleeping in my bed for the kid, any time she gets a chance.

People have different reasons for getting dogs-if you live somewhere with size limitations, well, it's better to go with a breed that has a standard. Or allergies to shedding dogs, or so on. But there's nothing wrong with a shelter dog, as long as you know the shelter. The Kalamazoo shelter was a pit, and Rosie had worms badly. Katie was in much better health and had been treated better by the Humane Society.

I don't have any problem with shelters or shelter dogs...but most of the dogs in the shelter started life in someone's back yard, not in a kennel...and I hate the way the PETA morons have smeared good, hard-working, animal-loving people, especially given their tendency to kill every animal they "rescue."

SaintLouieWoman
04-15-2009, 08:19 AM

I used to have two Norwegian elkhounds. Got the male from a woman who raised and showed Norwegian elkhounds. I got his mother from the breeder when shse was having money problems and not enough to properly care for the dogs.

My Buschy, the mom, behaved exactly the way Katie does--liked most people except for a few. Those few included an ex BIL who I found was abusing my sister, my aunt's nurse who I later discovered was stealing from the aunt, and a friend of my son's who got into a lot of legal trouble. She was a very precise judge of character. Elkies are very smart dogs.

I've had purebreds, showed schnauzers in both obedience and the breed ring. I've also had a mutt. The only behavioral problems I had were with the mutt. I couldn't trust her around kids.

The greys are the perfect dogs for me. They're purebred dogs, but desperately need homes. So I'm not getting defective puppy mill dogs with so many inherent health problems, but getting beautiful hounds who are extra loving. They're so grateful to get a nice home and are to me the nicest of dogs. People will come up to us when we have the greys out and about and say what a nice thing it was to rescue the dogs. My standard reply, which I mean, is we were the lucky ones to get them.

Many of the greyhound breeders are being driven out of business. The tracks are closing. It might not be that far in the future when it will be very difficult to get a greyhound. Not many are bred for the pet trade and fewer still as show dogs. The overly zealous opponents of racing might totally shut off any supply of the dogs they love.

Obama brought a lot of this on himself. He should have flat out said he was looking for a particular breed and would get one from a breeder. Instead he had to do the PC thing and say he was getting a rescue dog. It is, but it's stretching a point.

noonwitch
04-15-2009, 08:36 AM
I used to have two Norwegian elkhounds. Got the male from a woman who raised and showed Norwegian elkhounds. I got his mother from the breeder when shse was having money problems and not enough to properly care for the dogs.

My Buschy, the mom, behaved exactly the way Katie does--liked most people except for a few. Those few included an ex BIL who I found was abusing my sister, my aunt's nurse who I later discovered was stealing from the aunt, and a friend of my son's who got into a lot of legal trouble. She was a very precise judge of character. Elkies are very smart dogs.

I've had purebreds, showed schnauzers in both obedience and the breed ring. I've also had a mutt. The only behavioral problems I had were with the mutt. I couldn't trust her around kids.

The greys are the perfect dogs for me. They're purebred dogs, but desperately need homes. So I'm not getting defective puppy mill dogs with so many inherent health problems, but getting beautiful hounds who are extra loving. They're so grateful to get a nice home and are to me the nicest of dogs. People will come up to us when we have the greys out and about and say what a nice thing it was to rescue the dogs. My standard reply, which I mean, is we were the lucky ones to get them.

Many of the greyhound breeders are being driven out of business. The tracks are closing. It might not be that far in the future when it will be very difficult to get a greyhound. Not many are bred for the pet trade and fewer still as show dogs. The overly zealous opponents of racing might totally shut off any supply of the dogs they love.

Obama brought a lot of this on himself. He should have flat out said he was looking for a particular breed and would get one from a breeder. Instead he had to do the PC thing and say he was getting a rescue dog. It is, but it's stretching a point.

I might even look specifically for another elkhound, when the time comes. I really love Katie, like I'd love any dog that was mine, but she is an amazingly special dog. The friend's husband that she doesn't like has hit my friend in the past. The uncle is deaf and very loud-once, when she was a puppy, I left her with him for an overnight, and she accidentally scratched his car. He and his kids say that he yelled really loudly at her, but I suspect he hit her. She didn't like one of my other uncles until she met his dog, then she liked him. When my grandma was at home between nursing home stays, she sat at her feet most of the weekend, and followed her wheelchair wherever it went. She loves my almost 97 year old grandfather. The only character judgment that she's failed on is that she likes my mom's boyfriend, even though she hates his dogs.

The only negative character trait is that she can be really stubborn, especially about staying out in the yard when I want her to come in. She won't come in when the weather's nice until she's either hungry or thirsty.