PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Song

Bubba Dawg
05-31-2008, 07:30 AM
Clear and warm here, which will give way to hot hot hot and later thunderstorms are in the forecast.

First Saturday in the new SKIN and I like it. The new CU look reminds me of a Klingon Bird of Prey: elegant design with badass capabilities. Thanks Rob and all involved for all the hard work.

Ever see the movie The Song Remains The Same? Led Zeppelin rulz in that one. I like concert movies or movies based on or around albums. The Wall comes to mind with Pink Floyd. The Last Waltz is another good one.

I believe a board is like that, like a band that plays together and makes something larger than the sum of its parts/members. Conviction. Credibility. Information. Humor. All are a part of making the song. A sense of style is involved. Also a sense of fun. It's fun to see a band where you can just tell that the guys/gals enjoy playing together.

IMHO, Conservative Underground is tuning up and getting ready to tour. We got a badass ship and double necked guitars, and even a little spandex. We're gonna rock.

TOTD; I think a person's life has a soundtrack. My own soundtrack has got a lot of bands, a lot of songs, and a lot of different styles of music in it. There really isn't one single band or song that is my 'theme' and I know the music has changed over the years as I have aged and experienced different things, I mean, I don't listen to Billy Idol as much now, but I still like the Ramones and the Beatles and the Stones. Led Zep I mentioned. Floyd. Dylan.

But let's call this the Saturday Jukebox. Music is good for the soul. What song or songs or band or bands are in the Soundtrack of your life? If you can post a link to the song, that would be cool too, but if not, just name it.

Say why you like the song or the band if you want to.

patriot45
05-31-2008, 10:15 AM
I always liked the epic "story" albums, Genesis- Lamb lies down on Broadway, Nektar- Rememberthe Future,
The Who- Tommy, Foyd- the Wall.
I like all music tho, and just last nite put in a disc from a band called Chi, kinda new wave from the 80's, a mix of lite jazz and fusion.

All time favorite - Pink Floyd- Dark side of the moon.

Gingersnap
05-31-2008, 10:24 AM
I'm waiting for it to warm up slightly (and for my sunblock to sink in). It will be in the 80s and clear. It's time to launch my major frontal assault on the "naturalized" front bed now that the one Aspen tree has been removed.

TOTD: I have no soundtrack and I feel great about that. I like different types of music depending on mood, season, and activity. Today will I do my work to the shivery music that backs my radio mystery plays from the 40s and 50s. :)

linda22003
05-31-2008, 10:27 AM
I also don't have a "soundtrack" per se, but I remember what was happening in my life when certain songs were popular. The week my husband and I were married, the #1 song in the country was Huey Lewis and the News' "Happy to be Stuck with You". :D

MstrBlue
05-31-2008, 11:59 AM
Beautiful sunny day here in central GA!

Sadly, I am at work.
Happily, I am on OT pay! And the work that I *had* to do, is done! :D:D

TOTD: Soundtracks... I cannot think of a single one that marks my life. LOTS of favorite bands/artists, though! Pretty much anything from the '80s... I know... Oldies music!:D

Sorry, but I like it! You can sing along with it! And you can understand the words!!

asdf2231
05-31-2008, 12:12 PM
Absofreakinglutely gorgeous day here!

Gonna haul the whole crew out to see the new Indiana Jones flick later today and grab big damn restaurant food.

My sound track is a mixed tape by various artists.

If there was a general theme it might be the collected works of "They Might Be Giants".

Shannon
05-31-2008, 01:18 PM
Gorgeous day here, as usual. I have a ton of errands to run today. I've been lazy this morning trying to finish the Odd Thomas book.

TOTD: I don't know. But you did a good job with your first day thread, Bubba.:p

Cold Warrior
05-31-2008, 04:34 PM
Sunny and just a bit cool here in the south of France. After breakfast in Valbonne (http://www.tourisme-valbonne.com/index_an.php3), we made it to Grasse this morning, where we went to the Fragonard Perfumere (http://www.fragonard.com/). Spent the afternoon in Saint Paul de Vence (http://www.provenceweb.fr/e/alpmarit/stpaul/stpaul.htm), drinking pernod and watching the old men playing petanque (http://www.petanque.org/).

Just returned from dinner in Golfe Juan. Fried zuchinni, lamb, and a very good Cassis, topped of with a Calvados, creme brulee, and double expresso.

TOTD: Good one, Bubba. But I can do you one better. Not only will I give you the artists, but I'll give you the songs!! Dylan - Tangled Up In Blue. Waits - Heart of Saturday Night. Buffet - Changes in Latitude, Changes in Attitude.

Bubba Dawg
05-31-2008, 05:08 PM
I'm waiting for it to warm up slightly (and for my sunblock to sink in). It will be in the 80s and clear. It's time to launch my major frontal assault on the "naturalized" front bed now that the one Aspen tree has been removed.

TOTD: I have no soundtrack and I feel great about that. I like different types of music depending on mood, season, and activity. Today will I do my work to the shivery music that backs my radio mystery plays from the 40s and 50s. :)

There's that song they play in The Omen. I mean, if you're lookin' :p

Bubba Dawg
05-31-2008, 05:09 PM
Gorgeous day here, as usual. I have a ton of errands to run today. I've been lazy this morning trying to finish the Odd Thomas book.

TOTD: I don't know. But you did a good job with your first day thread, Bubba.:p

Thanks. :D

I'm leaving now to go to a pig pickin'. Catch you guys later.

Cold Warrior
05-31-2008, 05:49 PM
Thanks. :D

I'm leaving now to go to a pig pickin'. Catch you guys later.

Would you care to share any selection criteria for pigs, i.e., how do you determine which pig you will pick? :D

DarkScribe
05-31-2008, 07:11 PM
Hmmm...hell...my life has been pretty/fairly normal, give or take a few things. But I'd like to say some Stones, The Doors, Duran Duran, Motley Crue, and toss in some good ol' Rob Zombie...and shake vigorously...there ya go! :cool:

Bubba Dawg
05-31-2008, 10:19 PM
Would you care to share any selection criteria for pigs, i.e., how do you determine which pig you will pick? :D

Why you pick the one that looks most like your mother-in-law, of course. :D

Bubba Dawg
05-31-2008, 10:19 PM
Hmmm...hell...my life has been pretty/fairly normal, give or take a few things. But I'd like to say some Stones, The Doors, Duran Duran, Motley Crue, and toss in some good ol' Rob Zombie...and shake vigorously...there ya go! :cool:

Nice. With a twist or an olive, a winnah.

Bubba Dawg
05-31-2008, 10:42 PM
Hey man, it's Saturday night. Less Soundtrack. More Jukebox.

Damn these guys are good. Seriously.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufc7Z76ko1Q

Gingersnap
05-31-2008, 10:50 PM
There's that song they play in The Omen. I mean, if you're lookin' :p

Say! That was a catchy little tune, wasn't it? Hmmmmm...I may consider it. Sadly, those puny little knife-thingies simply amuse me.

Bubba Dawg
05-31-2008, 10:53 PM
Say! That was a catchy little tune, wasn't it? Hmmmmm...I may consider it. Sadly, those puny little knife-thingies simply amuse me.

On the cover of the Hotel California album.

Looking out the window. That was...you...wasn't it...? :eek:

Gingersnap
05-31-2008, 11:05 PM
On the cover of the Hotel California album.

Looking out the window. That was...you...wasn't it...? :eek:

No. I was around back carrying the hospitality bowl full of coke and telling the women that they were a little....well....fat. :D

Shannon
05-31-2008, 11:10 PM
No. I was around back carrying the hospitality bowl full of coke and telling the women that they were a little....well....fat. :D

Did you just call me fat?

Gingersnap
05-31-2008, 11:19 PM
Did you just call me fat?

Indirectly. I'm trying to be more of a bitch to appease my many fans. :D

Bubba Dawg
05-31-2008, 11:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-D99n9f3vU4

Shannon
05-31-2008, 11:22 PM
Indirectly. I'm trying to be more of a bitch to appease my many fans. :D

The bitch thing is my job. Leave it to the professional. :p

*fights back tears about the fat comment*

Phillygirl
06-01-2008, 02:24 PM
Missed being here on Saturday, so here's my contribution. Saturday started with the first half of my hike in a thunderstorm on the top of the mountain (trying to get that BMI down to acceptable internet critic levels). Song for my life? Probably "These Boots are Made for Walking". It's sort of what I do.

LibraryLady
06-01-2008, 02:51 PM
Song for my life? Probably "These Boots are Made for Walking". It's sort of what I do.

I figured it would be Woody Guthrie's Philadelphia Lawyer...:D

Bubba Dawg
06-01-2008, 03:45 PM
I figured it would be Woody Guthrie's Philadelphia Lawyer...:D

Funny. :D

lurkalot
06-01-2008, 11:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=506cRJnG5NM

i'll be the first to admit, the man wasn't a great singer, but, he could write songs that were entire novels in his lyrics...

LibraryLady
06-01-2008, 11:17 PM
i'll be the first to admit, the man wasn't a great singer, but, he could write songs that were entire novels in his lyrics...

What's wrong with his voice??

I thought you were going to post some Johnny Cash)

Cats in the Cradle, WOLD, Mr. Tanner, Taxi, Mail order Annie....

lurkalot
06-02-2008, 01:17 AM
What's wrong with his voice??

I thought you were going to post some Johnny Cash)

Cats in the Cradle, WOLD, Mr. Tanner, Taxi, Mail order Annie....

well, he's not bad...but he's no Cash or Jennings on the vocals :)

one of my birthday presents was a concert video of Harry Chapin ..