PDA

View Full Version : Scripture and Taxes

FlaGator
04-15-2009, 08:23 AM
Each morning I receive in email from Zondervan with a scripture for the day. Seeing that this is tax day I'm sure our my our friends at Zondervan wanted remind us on what the Bible teaches us about taxes.

Romans 13:6-7

"This is why you pay taxes, for the authorities are Godís servants, who give their full time to governing. Give everyone what you owe him: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor."

linda22003
04-15-2009, 08:29 AM
We Rendered Unto Caesar a few days ago. :)

FlaGator
04-15-2009, 08:44 AM
We Rendered Unto Caesar a few days ago. :)

Caeser rendered back to me the overage he took. Of course he can't predict my yearly deductions...

linda22003
04-15-2009, 08:47 AM
I NEVER make interest free loans to Caesar. This year we only owed an extra $1350; that's an amount we can pay out of regular checking, and if we don't even have to move any money out of savings, I consider that breaking even by a razor-thin margin. Now that the pesky housekeeping is out of the way, we can contemplate more pleasant ways to spend money - our cruise in Alaska next month.

FlaGator
04-15-2009, 09:18 AM
I NEVER make interest free loans to Caesar. This year we only owed an extra $1350; that's an amount we can pay out of regular checking, and if we don't even have to move any money out of savings, I consider that breaking even by a razor-thin margin. Now that the pesky housekeeping is out of the way, we can contemplate more pleasant ways to spend money - our cruise in Alaska next month.

The trouble I have with being overtaxed is that I donate a lot of money and time to charities. When I do web designs for churches, missionaries and charities they pay me by giving me a receipt for the hours I worked designing * $100.00. So far this year I have a couple hunderd hours banked. I get the least amount of money possible taken from my check but generally I still get a decent chunk of change back every year.

linda22003
04-15-2009, 09:24 AM
Everyone's situation is different, of course. Since my husband and I are on straight salaries, what we pay is easier to predict. On our investments, there's variability. Capital gains weren't exactly a big problem this year. :rolleyes:

Gingersnap
04-15-2009, 10:20 AM
... if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor."

The important part of that verse fragment is the conditional "if". :cool: