PDA

View Full Version : Tea Party Wednesday!

Gingersnap
04-15-2009, 10:26 AM
It should be a fine day for the Tea Party out here. Clear and mild with temps in the upper 60s. I am preparing to fight my way into Denver for the big rally on the capitol steps. I'm hoping to post some after-action news later today.

TOTD: Spring is sprung (or springing). Given the economic news this year, are you planning to stay closer to home this summer instead of taking a fly-away vacation? Are you bumping up the size of your veggie garden or planning to plant one for the first time? Are you focusing on working on your current house instead of looking to move?

linda22003
04-15-2009, 10:29 AM
Economic, shmeckonomic. We're going to Alaska for a cruise next month, and I am going fur shopping in Anchorage.

movie buff
04-15-2009, 10:59 AM
I'll be going to the Orlando tea party at city hall, I'll probably also put up an after- action report tonight.

TOTD: My family is planning its regular Canada vacation for this summer.

Rebel Yell
04-15-2009, 11:11 AM
Heading to Atlanta as soon as I get off today. Getting there early, because my wife said if she's going we have to get there before 5:00 traffic.

Gingersnap
04-15-2009, 11:14 AM
Economic, shmeckonomic. We're going to Alaska for a cruise next month, and I am going fur shopping in Anchorage.

Good for you - you should be able to find some great deals this time of year. Are you going to buy some quivet yarn also? You should. I made a sort of fascinator out of quivet with matching wrist warmers and people are stunned by the beauty and the feel of it. :)

linda22003
04-15-2009, 11:23 AM
I'm certainly going to check out quivet yarns; I have a couple of Arctic lace books that I want to use once I get over my inborn distaste for yarn-overs. I don't know why I hate them, but I do. Right now I'm stressing over whether I can take knitting on the plane with me - it's a long flight to Seattle, then we change to another long flight to Anchorage. The TSA website is very noncommittal on knitting needles on planes; the advice is basically "it's okay to take them on planes unless any individual TSA agent decides to take them away from you." :mad:

PS: I have sort of a "snood" out of that yarn which my mother bought in Alaska years ago, and it's wonderful.

Gingersnap
04-15-2009, 11:31 AM
I'm certainly going to check out quivet yarns; I have a couple of Arctic lace books that I want to use once I get over my inborn distaste for yarn-overs. I don't know why I hate them, but I do. Right now I'm stressing over whether I can take knitting on the plane with me - it's a long flight to Seattle, then we change to another long flight to Anchorage. The TSA website is very noncommittal on knitting needles on planes; the advice is basically "it's okay to take them on planes unless any individual TSA agent decides to take them away from you." :mad:

PS: I have sort of a "snood" out of that yarn which my mother bought in Alaska years ago, and it's wonderful.

I don't know what you normally use but I'm pretty sure the bamboo circular needles are okay. The straight needles like Pony Pearls should be okay - they look like toys anyway.

Gingersnap
04-15-2009, 12:46 PM
Time to go! See you guys later (assuming DHS doesn't detain me for transporting sunblock across county lines). :D

linda22003
04-15-2009, 12:47 PM
Looking forward to your report - or I'll see what they're showing from the Denver area on Fox Business, at 5.

Gingersnap
04-15-2009, 07:02 PM
Looking forward to your report - or I'll see what they're showing from the Denver area on Fox Business, at 5.

I'm not the one dressed like Uncle Sam on stilts, okay?

Apocalypse
04-16-2009, 01:36 AM
Couldn't make it to the closest to me. But watching the news, it looked like a decent turn out.

http://www.wqad.com/news/wqad-tea-party-041509,0,6554402.story