PDA

View Full Version : Denver After Action Report!

Gingersnap
04-15-2009, 07:19 PM
We had soooooooooooo much fun!

I got to the capitol at about 11:30 and the place was already packed. I guess all the thieves and murderers in Denver had a Free Day because all the police, state troopers, and security people were making sure my Slim Jims weren't loaded.

I yakked it up with some people while I waited to hook up with my friends and I had several throughly enjoyable conversations. The signs were funny. If ACORN was infiltrating the place, I didn't see it.

We finally got together and shoved our way up. I distributed flags to all involved although they could have bought them for a couple of bucks. The highly enviable "Don't Tread On Me" flag was a reasonable $10 dollars.

We started off with the Pledge and went into a choir-lead rendition of the National Anthem, America, The Beautiful, and (naturally) the Battle Hymn of the Republic. We did a good job of it too, if I do say so myself. Then the speakers started and they were all good and a few were GREAT! We cheered and yelled so much the politicians had to come out on the balcony to see what was up. Some good politicians came out and congratulated us for showing up and being heard.

All the while we could hardly hear ourselves for the massive honking on Broadway. Little cars, big trucks - they were all honking like crazy in response to the signs held up by people on the curb.

I caught a little snip of the news where they said that maybe 1,000 people had shown up. I'm no professional crowd-counter but it looked like more to me. We were jammed together and entire front lawn and both driveways were also packed.

I think we had ourselves a big success here. :D

bijou
04-15-2009, 07:36 PM
Sounds like you had a great day. Glad its not only lefties that get to have fun protesting and speaking truth to power. :D

Gingersnap
04-15-2009, 07:49 PM
Sounds like you had a great day. Glad its not only lefties that get to have fun protesting and speaking truth to power. :D

I've got to admit that it felt kind of funny. I've never been to a protest in my life before this.

SarasotaRepub
04-15-2009, 09:19 PM
I've got to admit that it felt kind of funny. I've never been to a protest in my life before this.

The DUmmy IRS agents have your pic now. Expect an audit letter next month. :D
Glad you guys had a Patriotic time...Woot!

FlaGator
04-15-2009, 09:23 PM

DHS is now looking into you and your family. You are considered disgruntled American and a potential threat to the continued existence of the United States... carry on.

Gingersnap
04-15-2009, 09:48 PM
DHS is now looking into you and your family. You are considered disgruntled American and a potential threat to the continued existence of the United States... carry on.

Wow! I guess I'd better think twice about throwing those old "Knitters" mags out in the trash tonight. I suppose I'd best burn those Italian seeds I bought last month. I wouldn't want to be accused of growing a "threat bean". :D

movie buff
04-15-2009, 10:44 PM
Sounds like you had as good of a time as I did at the Orlando demonstration!
I'm glad to hear it!

Shannon
04-16-2009, 12:32 AM
Sounds like you had as good of a time as I did at the Orlando demonstration!
I'm glad to hear it!

I was there too! Were you the hot guy?:p

SarasotaRepub
04-16-2009, 08:30 AM

Aren't you supposed to be at work??? :mad::p:D

movie buff
04-16-2009, 08:48 AM
LOL, thanks!
You might have seen me. I got there pretty early, and I wandered around the area a lot before things really got packed. I'm tall and have dark brown hair, and that day I was wearing a blue shirt with a cross and the words "Intervarsity Christian Fellowship" on it, and blue jeans, and waving a small American flag.
Have you checked out my after- action report? Is there anything you can add from your perspective?

linda22003
04-16-2009, 09:23 AM
Wow! I guess I'd better think twice about throwing those old "Knitters" mags out in the trash tonight.

Send them to me! I'll hide them for you! :D

Gingersnap
04-16-2009, 10:29 AM
Update!

I thought the crowd count I heard was kind of low. Turns out there were over 5,000 people at the Denver event!

Channel 9 News is reporting that people shouted, "Impeach Obama". I was there and this did not happen. Two or three people might have shouted that but nobody heard it and the "crowd" certainly didn't pick it up.

I'm beginning to think that all newsies are scum. :mad:

linda22003
04-16-2009, 10:49 AM
The reporting on Fox Business was very clear that it wasn't a partisan demonstration - Republicans were reviled just as much as Democrats.