PDA

View Full Version : Clinton unveils initiative to combat 'scourge of piracy'

SarasotaRepub
04-15-2009, 08:11 PM
:rolleyes:

Look out Pirates...Hillary is coming for ya!!! (http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/04/15/clinton.piracy/index.html)

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Secretary of State Hillary Clinton on Wednesday unveiled a diplomatic initiative to thwart attacks on ships off Somalia's coast and combat what she called the "scourge of piracy."

Clinton said the State Department will "explore ways to track and freeze pirate assets," similar to measures used against drug traffickers and terrorists.

Noting that the pirates have been buying more sophisticated vessels with the ransom money they have been collecting, Clinton said it could be possible to stop boat-building companies from doing business with pirates.

Yikes!!!! Them thar Pirates are DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!!!!!

FlaGator
04-15-2009, 08:16 PM
Clinton said the State Department will "explore ways to track and freeze pirate assets," similar to measures used against drug traffickers and terrorists.

Pirates don't have any assets. That's why they became pirates :rolleyes:

SarasotaRepub
04-15-2009, 08:25 PM
Pirates don't have any assets. That's why they became pirates :rolleyes:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1122/735989558_45a7e205e3.jpg
:D

Fergus
04-15-2009, 08:52 PM
If Clinton had been elected President then the pirates, their wives, children and parents would have been abducted and dropped from 10,000 feet over Mogadishu.

I am certainly no fan of HRC, but that is one woman I wouldn't want to piss off.

lacarnut
04-15-2009, 09:10 PM
If Clinton had been elected President then the pirates, their wives, children and parents would have been abducted and dropped from 10,000 feet over Mogadishu.

I am certainly no fan of HRC, but that is one woman I wouldn't want to piss off.

She might have a pair larger than Bubba's but that is not saying much. Obama will keep the Queen on a tight rope and will pull her strings when the need or a little hot air is called for. FYI, Obama is the big show. Another tidbit for you is that a diplomatic initiative with other countries means we go it alone.

tacitus
04-15-2009, 09:40 PM
Leave it to pudding ass to come up with a stupid statement like 'freezing the assets'!

megimoo
04-15-2009, 11:28 PM
obama's Administration :a Day Late And A Dollar Short !