PDA

View Full Version : Fox teas up a tempest

Space Gravy
04-15-2009, 08:23 PM
Fox teas up a tempest

On “America’s Newsroom” Wednesday morning, Fox News host Megyn Kelly declared that “it’s tea party time, from sea to shining sea.” A short while later, “anti-tax tea parties” rose to the top of the network’s Hot List.
In between, Fox News reporter Griff Jenkins — who earlier this week donned colonial garb as he traced the history of the tea party movement — reported on a tea party protest in Washington’s Lafayette Park. Meanwhile, Fox hosts Neil Cavuto, Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity and Greta Van Susteren were all preparing for their own on-the-scene reports from tea parties around the country.

“Can’t get to a tea party?” Fox’s Bill Hemmer asked viewers the other day. “Fox Nation hosts a virtual tea party — you can check it out on the site, a location of a tea party in your area.”

Nobody’s covering the tea parties quite like Fox — and that’s prompting critics and cable news competitors to say that the network is blurring the line between journalism and advocacy.

“Fox appears to be promoting these events at the same time it is presenting them in a way that looks like reporting,” said Stephen Burgard, director of Northeastern University’s School of Journalism.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20090415/pl_politico/21275

FlaGator
04-15-2009, 08:30 PM
The rest of the MSM is trying to act like innocent lambs here when in fact they do all they can to promote the democrat party and any thing that reeks of liberal ideology.

Nubs
04-15-2009, 09:29 PM
I just wish some reporter would ask someone, on air after they refer to these events as "teabagging", "Sir/maam, what is and are you referring to when you make the statement that this is "teabagging""?

PoliCon
04-15-2009, 10:47 PM
[B][SIZE="4"]

“Fox appears to be promoting these events at the same time it is presenting them in a way that looks like reporting,” said Stephen Burgard, director of Northeastern University’s School of Journalism.
Kinda like how the MSM was promoting Obama at the same time they presented him in a way that looks like reporting? :rolleyes:

The MSM hates fox. They hate ANY dissent and anyone who dares to ask questions or cover events in a way that does not agree with their chosen leftist view points.

VWkid06
04-16-2009, 11:50 AM
Kinda like how the MSM was promoting Obama at the same time they presented him in a way that looks like reporting? :rolleyes:

The MSM hates fox. They hate ANY dissent and anyone who dares to ask questions or cover events in a way that does not agree with their chosen leftist view points.
this is pretty much what it comes down to. it's funny how they are trying to say Fox started the movement when they in fatc had nothing to do with it except report on it. hypocrites, but since when is that new? :rolleyes:

PoliCon
04-16-2009, 12:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8Zuiil3-V4&feature=player_embedded

Notice how for CNN the story is FOXNEWS and not the protests. :rolleyes: of course in the interest of being fair and balanced they do offer a foot note mention at the end that they have ignored the protests after claiming that Fox has done nothing but hype them./

VWkid06
04-16-2009, 12:09 PM
poli did you go to the one downtown yesterday?

PoliCon
04-16-2009, 12:27 PM
poli did you go to the one downtown yesterday?

I work until 6 and then I teach a class in the evening on Wednesdays. :( I could not attend.

VWkid06
04-16-2009, 12:56 PM
that's a shame but it was a good event. probably a good 2000 people there.

next round of events takes place july 4th.

PoliCon
04-16-2009, 01:45 PM
that's a shame but it was a good event. probably a good 2000 people there.

next round of events takes place july 4th.

The 4th I can pull off.