PDA

View Full Version : Did you know? We're despicable!

VWkid06
04-16-2009, 01:09 PM
for those that participated in the national TEA Parties yesterday, and even if you didn't you mgiht be if you watch fox news.

CHICAGO, IL (April 15, 2009) – Rep. Jan Schakowsky, D-IL, released the following statement in response to “tea parties” being held on Tax Day.

“The ‘tea parties’ being held today by groups of right-wing activists, and fueled by FOX News Channel, are an effort to mislead the public about the Obama economic plan that cuts taxes for 95 percent of Americans and creates 3.5 million jobs. It’s despicable that right-wing Republicans would attempt to cheapen a significant, honorable moment of American history with a shameful political stunt. Not a single American household or business will be taxed at a higher rate this year. Made to look like a grassroots uprising, this is an Obama bashing party promoted by corporate interests, as well as Republican lobbyists and politicians.”

here's the rest.

http://nalert.blogspot.com/2009/04/rep-schakowsky-on-tax-protests.html

Milly
04-16-2009, 04:34 PM
Not a single American household or business will be taxed at a higher rate this year.

"This year" isn't what I'm concerned about, nitwit! I'm concerned about next year, the year after that and all the years my grandchildren will be paying for the mess an unresponsive Congress & WH have visited on them.

Mythic
04-16-2009, 06:35 PM
Not a single American household or business will be taxed at a higher rate this year.
BS plus Obama will be president for 4 years at least, no just one...

Lefties are just mad because the right wing actually did something effective and without causing violence like liberal protests.

megimoo
04-16-2009, 09:44 PM
Readers comment On Jan Schakowsky's piece !

Comment by Mikey — April 16, 2009 @ 1:55 pm

I participated in a protest. It was not particularly aimed at President Obama. It was aimed at all levels of government and was completely non-partisan as far as I was able to tell. I personally do not belong to a political party. The taxes in California are onerous. We are not able to save any money, and my family are all employed. We buy second hand clothes and don't eat out. When you work as hard as we do, it is very tough to have so much of your income extracted by force. You can't have a phone, or electricity, or a car without having to pay ALL kinds of taxes. When a congressperson condemns the first amendment right to assemble and seek redress of grievances, we have a serious problem.

Comment by Violet Gray — April 16, 2009 @ 1:55 pm

Jan Schakowsky, You are an idiot!

Comment by GUS — April 16, 2009 @ 1:56 pm

Schakowsky's hubby –Robert Creamer — was sentenced to five months in prison and eleven months of house arrest for bank fraud and tax violations. Schakowsky signed those returns for fradulant non-profits. That is "despicable" and shameful", but just your average Illinois Democrat!

Comment by Clemet Moore — April 16, 2009 @ 1:57 pm

The only despicable, shameful, and partisan person here is Rep. Schakowsky.

I would stake my life that this liberal was cheering Hillary on when she was screaming "We have a RIGHT to disagree with ANY administration…!"

Eh, Rep. Schakowsky? Soldiers were DYING when that happened, but I bet you didn't make a public statement about Hillary wishing President Bush would fail.

I am sick unto death of Liberal Democrats - especially those that stole the Congress in 2008 through Acorn's vast voter fraud conspiracy.

Comment by james jones — April 16, 2009 @ 1:57 pm

Our party was as much against Bush's first bailout as it is against the unprecedented debt Obama is trying to rack up for our grandchildren.

This 'representative' makes comments like this to further divide, politicize, and cheapen the argument, sound as it is, that driving our nation into a debt so great generations from now will not be able to pay even the interest on the debt.

It's bigger than politics, the only thing despicable here is the same old tired song from the 'progressives' on the right AND the left.

You are poison for this country.

Term limits immediately!

Comment by John M — April 16, 2009 @ 1:57 pm

Rep. Schakowsky has completely misunderstood the spirit of the Tea Party movement. Her knee jerk defense of her position (she has drunk the Administration's kool-aid) demonstrates an elitist, antidemocratic orientation. Dissent is despicable? Not in the America I'm familiar with. An attempt to mislead the public? This is the public, speaking to elected officials like her who cannot be bothered to listen to what the public wants. And the only reason Fox News was mentioned so much was that they were the only network who thought that the protests were worthy of coverage. Why, the very idea of Tea Parties sends a thrill up my leg!

Comment by Mark Waldman — April 16, 2009 @ 1:58 pm

Rep. Schakowsky has completely misunderstood the spirit of the Tea Party movement. Her knee jerk defense of her position (she has drunk the Administration's kool-aid) demonstrates an elitist, antidemocratic orientation. Dissent is despicable? Not in the America I'm familiar with. An attempt to mislead the public? This is the public, speaking to elected officials like her who cannot be bothered to listen to what the public wants. And the only reason Fox News was mentioned so much was that they were the only network who thought that the protests were worthy of coverage. Why, the very idea of Tea Parties sends a thrill up my leg!

Comment by Mark Waldman — April 16, 2009 @ 1:58 pm

I am not an activist but I attended the Boston Tea Party. This was a grass roots protesting our politicians who have no clue how to manage our country. Schakowsky is a typical clueless partisan who has no sense of how true Americans feel.

Comment by Mike Gannon — April 16, 2009 @ 2:17 pm

how the worm turns. it was ok to bash Bush at every turn; but what do you expect the spouse of a tax cheat and fraudster to say?

Comment by Dumas McGee — April 16, 2009 @ 3:06 pm

What jobs have been created? More layoffs have been announced…Oh I forgot, your husband doesn't pay taxes, so you don't understand why we are protesting.

Comment by Jarom Campbell — April 16, 2009 @ 3:07 pm

Is every politician in Illinois such a blithering idiot?

Comment by Paul — April 16, 2009 @ 3:07 pm

AlmostThere
04-17-2009, 10:37 AM
No, we,re racist. :rolleyes:
http://www.washingtontimes.com/weblogs/back-story/2009/apr/17/liberal-actress-says-tea-parties-were-racist/

Liberal actress says tea parties were racist

By Amanda Carpenter on April 17, 2009 into The Back Story

Liberal actress and political activist Janeane Garofalo, in all seriousness, said activists who attended tea parties are racists with dysfunctional brains in a recent prime-time television appearance.

"Let's be very honest about what this is about. This is not about bashing Democrats. It's not about taxes. They have no idea what the Boston Tea party was about. They don't know their history at all. It's about hating a black man in the White House," she said on MSNBC's "The Countdown" with Keith Olbermann Thursday evening. "This is racism straight up and is nothing but a bunch of teabagging rednecks. There is no way around that."

Odysseus
04-17-2009, 10:42 AM
http://www.washingtontimes.com/weblogs/back-story/2009/apr/17/liberal-actress-says-tea-parties-were-racist/

Liberal actress and political activist Janeane Garofalo, in all seriousness, said activists who attended tea parties are racists with dysfunctional brains in a recent prime-time television appearance.

"Let's be very honest about what this is about. This is not about bashing Democrats. It's not about taxes. They have no idea what the Boston Tea party was about. They don't know their history at all. It's about hating a black man in the White House," she said on MSNBC's "The Countdown" with Keith Olbermann Thursday evening. "This is racism straight up and is nothing but a bunch of teabagging rednecks. There is no way around that."

Could Garofalo be any more stupid?
Seriously, if that's the best argument that they can make in the face of a vast discontent, they're toast in 2010.

VWkid06
04-17-2009, 11:22 AM

proving why ignorant liberal hollywood should just shut the fuck up.

Odysseus
04-17-2009, 01:06 PM
proving why ignorant liberal hollywood should just shut the fuck up.

Let her talk. Bill Clinton tried to defend David Dinkins during his reelection campaign by accusing people who were planning on voting against him of being racists, when Dinkins' record as mayor would have gotten any white candidate impeached. It galvanized liberals who were on the fence, tired of crappy services, higher taxes and skyrocketing crime, but who weren't ready to vote against a black candidate, by forcing them to confront their real prejudices (the white guilt that forced them to ignore incompetence when it's on the part of someone with racial creds) and ended up costing Dinkins reelection. The harder the media works to convince white people who voted for the first black president that they are racists for not continuing to support him as his administration's failures become obvious, the more they will alienate those voters. In fact, the smartest thing that Obama could do right now would be to tell the press that there is room for principled dissent in America and that tarring your opponents as racist or delusional prevents you from addressing their legitimate grievances and exacerbates the collapse of civil society, but seeing as how the collapse. of civil society remains a goal of the left, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it. Besides, Obama can't admit that the tea partiers have legitimate grievances without acknowledging that he is not all things to all people, so that's not going to happen.

PoliCon
04-17-2009, 01:28 PM
most people assume that because they pay federal income tax WITHHOLDING out of every pay check that they are paying federal income taxes which is how the left can push the lie that 95% of Americans are going to get tax cuts under obama.

AlmostThere
04-17-2009, 05:49 PM
Actually we are despicable. Really! WE ARE DESPICABLE.

I'm watching Beck right now interview a black family of modest means. The kids have been attending a very good school, getting a good education and setting themselves up for a good future. They've been using the voucher program in Wash D.C.. The program that gave kids a good education for far less than D.C. spends on public education that sucks. Well Congress has voted to kill the program.

The reason, as we all know, is because of teacher's unions and the like. It has absolutely nothing to do with cost or effectiveness. The liberals in Congress are perfectly willing to doom the black children in D.C.'s schools to a life of poverty or at least low pay as long as the NEA, AFT, UFT and the like, are happy. And liberals have the NERVE to call conservative racists.

The liberals behind this in Congress are beyond despicable and we are despicable because we are going to let them get away with it. So 10,15,20 years from now when some are complaining about the costs of welfare and prisons, lets have the decency to admit to ourselves that we had a chance to fix this problem but didn't have the guts to stand up and say, "Let's stop the bullshit and REALLY educate these kids and give them a shot at a good life."

After all, it's just as beneficial to society as it is to these black kids in lousy public schools. But no, we're just too despicable.