PDA

View Full Version : Frivolous Friday

linda22003
04-17-2009, 10:08 AM
I can see that today is the day spring fever will kick in completely - it's sunny now and expected to go to 70 here in the DC area. The huge cherry tree in my front yard is in full bloom, and the leaves will pop today in the woods behind my house.

TOTD: Spring cleaning. Do you do it? Beat the rugs, wash the floors, wrangle the dust pumas under the bed? Since I have a maid SWAT team every week, it's not quite that bad at my house, but cleaning things OUT always seems to need doing. There is a front hall closet whose terrors I will be exploring this weekend.

Rebel Yell
04-17-2009, 10:17 AM
I can see that today is the day spring fever will kick in completely - it's sunny now and expected to go to 70 here in the DC area. The huge cherry tree in my front yard is in full bloom, and the leaves will pop today in the woods behind my house.

TOTD: Spring cleaning. Do you do it? Beat the rugs, wash the floors, wrangle the dust pumas under the bed? Since I have a maid SWAT team every week, it's not quite that bad at my house, but cleaning things OUT always seems to need doing. There is a front hall closet whose terrors I will be exploring this weekend.

We're having a yard sale this year. We have 4 bedrooms and three of them are still filled with "junk" left behind by my grandmother and "junk" we got at our wedding showers and didn't need.

Gingersnap
04-17-2009, 10:33 AM
Well, it's snowing here. Lots and lots of snow. I assume Al Gore is in the state somewhere.

TOTD: I don't really do spring cleaning indoors (I do for the gazebo, garden shed, patio, etc.). I keep a list of kind of major operations that I need to complete and I do one or two a month. I do change out ornaments, bedding, china, and whatever to accommodate the seasons.

Water Closet
04-17-2009, 10:41 AM
Flew in late last night to wake up to a beautiful New England spring day here in Pleasant Valley. Looking forward to Easter Sunday as we're heading out to one of the better local restaurants for lamb.

TOTD: Like you, we have the weekly maid team in (they're due in about an hour). My girlfriend has this spring/autumn ritual of swapping out her winter/summer clothes, storing one set and extracting the other (we live in a two bedroom apartment). Every spring, we have the carpets steam cleaned. We also typically attack the closet in the office that has accumulated stuff for the year. When yoiu move about as much as we have, there's really not a lot of accumulated cleaning to do.

FlaGator
04-17-2009, 10:44 AM

TOTD: I usually use spring clean as an excuse to help out the economy and pay some else to do it.:D

RobJohnson
04-17-2009, 03:29 PM
Flew in late last night to wake up to a beautiful New England spring day here in Pleasant Valley. Looking forward to Easter Sunday as we're heading out to one of the better local restaurants for lamb.

I thought Easter was last week?

RobJohnson
04-17-2009, 03:41 PM
I met up with Bad Cat last night, he is in town for a few days.

We had a blast.

Water Closet
04-17-2009, 05:08 PM
I thought Easter was last week?

Only in the Catholic and Protestant calendars. In the Orthodox calendar, it's this Sunday (in Pleasant Valley, of course :D).