PDA

View Full Version : If I Were Boss

patriot45
04-17-2009, 10:52 AM
Something on the lighter side from Burt Prelutsky. (http://townhall.com/columnists/BurtPrelutsky/2009/04/17/if_i_were_boss?page=full&comments=true)

I have always contended that anybody who seeks the presidency is an egomaniac, every bit as certifiably crackers as those poor souls wandering around the grounds of the asylum insisting theyre Napoleon.

Still, Im generally willing to cut people a reasonable amount of slack. But its quite another thing to pretend that a community organizer with just four years in the Senate, two of which he spent on the hustings, is qualified to be the leader of the free world. Even if I approved of his left-wing agenda, Id find it impossible to make a case for him. Frankly, if it were up to me, Id send this Napoleon wannabe to Elba.

I, on the other hand, a mature and seasoned individual who has never set foot in a law school, would make an ideal leader. However, Im put off by politics. Rather than presidential material, I see myself in the role of a benevolent dictator.

snip...

After straightening out baseball and Hollywood, I would turn my attention to Washington, D.C. With me in charge, people like Barbara Boxer, Harry Reid, Charles Schumer, Pat Leahy, Charley Rangel and Chris Dodd, would all be free to go home and play with the grandkids. Robert Byrd would be free to go home and play with the great-great-great-grandkids, and Barney Frank would just be free to go home and play.

With no further need of a Supreme Court, wed no longer have to sit through such spectacles as seeing the likes of Ted Kennedy, John Kerry and Arlen Specter, sitting in judgment of their betters, people such as Clarence Thomas and Charles Pickering.

Continued (http://townhall.com/columnists/BurtPrelutsky/2009/04/17/if_i_were_boss?page=2)

AlmostThere
04-17-2009, 02:42 PM
I have always contended that anybody who seeks the presidency is an egomaniac, every bit as certifiably crackers as those poor souls wandering around the grounds of the asylum insisting theyre Napoleon..

I may not know much about Obama, none of us do, but one thing I do know is that he is not a certifiable cracker. :D