PDA

View Full Version : How Obama actually delayed pirate rescue

Rockntractor
04-19-2009, 11:14 AM
WASHINGTON – While Barack Obama is basking in praise for his "decisive" handling of the Somali pirate attack on a merchant ship in the India Ocean, reliable military sources close to the scene are painting a much different picture of the incident – accusing the president of employing restrictive rules of engagement that actually hampered the rescue of Capt. Richard Phillips and extended the drama at sea for days.
http://wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=95451
This sounds like it could be true.

AHeneen
04-19-2009, 02:00 PM
Why does this come as no surprise? I almost (keyword: ALMOST) wish the captain would have died during the ordeal just so we could pin the blame on Obama!!!

lacarnut
04-19-2009, 02:26 PM
Why does this come as no surprise? I almost (keyword: ALMOST) wish the captain would have died during the ordeal just so we could pin the blame on Obama!!!

Does not surprise me either. No, no, no to the second part. If the Captain would have been killed, the Magic Negro would have blamed it on Bush, Gates, the crew-members, the military, etc. etc.; or it could have been the fault of the new puppy.:rolleyes: No way would he or could he take the blame. His narcissistic personality would not allow it.

tacitus
04-19-2009, 03:19 PM
Actually I was surprised when the NAVY snipers were sent to take out the pirates and rescue the captain. I was expecting another Carter SNAFU.:eek:

rjas77
04-19-2009, 06:26 PM

Not me...Obama and the MSM would have passed the buck and would have found a way to blame the On Site Commander.

Water Closet
04-19-2009, 09:29 PM
So, World Nut Daily quotes "reliable military sources close to the scene" as saying Obama screwed up, even though the Captain was rescued unharmed. And people really wonder why Rs/Cs are seen as the "party/faction of NO?" :rolleyes: Good luck with pushing this meme.

Elspeth
04-19-2009, 09:44 PM
So, World Nut Daily quotes "reliable military sources close to the scene" as saying Obama screwed up, even though the Captain was rescued unharmed. And people really wonder why Rs/Cs are seen as the "party/faction of NO?" :rolleyes: Good luck with pushing this meme.

Problem is that if they're active duty military they can't be named. That's why it's the retired brass that get out on the media circuit. Not that I am a fan of WND (I'm not), but it's hard to press for details IDing military personnel after a certain point.

Water Closet
04-19-2009, 09:46 PM
Problem is that if they're active duty military they can't be named. That's why it's the retired brass that get out on the media circuit. Not that I am a fan of WND (I'm not), but it's hard to press for details IDing military personnel after a certain point.

And it's just as easy, and just as probable, that WND would make up "reliable sources" to push an agenda as it is that the NYT would.