PDA

View Full Version : Obama Tells Cabinet To Cut .003% From Budget!

patriot45
04-21-2009, 10:40 AM
YAY! We are saved, fiscal responsibility is back! :rolleyes:

Not even a drop in the bucket. (http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/apr/20/obama-tells-cabinet-cut-100-million-more/)

Acknowledging a "confidence gap" with taxpayers, President Obama on Monday ordered his Cabinet to find $100 million in total spending cuts over the next 90 days as a signal they are serious about spending money wisely.

"One hundred million there, $100 million here, pretty soon, even in Washington, it adds up to real money," the president said after meeting with his Cabinet at the White House, saying he will require them to cut at least 100 specific programs.

The president said the cuts, while not big, "send a signal we are serious" about looking for savings. He said the money, which he said will come from agencies' administrative costs, needs to be saved so it can be spent on higher priorities such as health care.

Gag me!

djones520
04-21-2009, 10:49 AM
100 million is a 100 million. I'll take it where I can get it. Granted, there is a LOT more that can be done, but cutting stupid crap out like this is a good step.

patriot45
04-21-2009, 10:54 AM
100 agencies are to cut 1 mill each! Haha, they will add more than that after they attempt to cut it down.

You realize that 1/2 of them are going to roll out cutbacks that they will save the 100 mill over a period of say, 10 years.

djones520
04-21-2009, 10:55 AM
You do realize that looking for negatives out of everything isn't exactly healthy, don't you?

patriot45
04-21-2009, 11:00 AM
You do realize that looking for negatives out of everything isn't exactly healthy, don't you?

I wasn't looking for negatives, the whole idea struck me as condescending. Trillion dollar deficiets, pork laden stimulus bills and a budget out of this world and I should get all excited about a phony play to the lib press!?! Gimme a break.

Odysseus
04-21-2009, 11:58 AM
I wasn't looking for negatives, the whole idea struck me as condescending. Trillion dollar deficiets, pork laden stimulus bills and a budget out of this world and I should get all excited about a phony play to the lib press!?! Gimme a break.

At least it doesn't all come out of DOD.