PDA

View Full Version : Child Molester Gets $4 Million From County

Apocalypse
04-21-2009, 11:03 PM
Illegal Immigrant Child Molester Gets $4 Million From County

Lawmakers in one of Californiaís largest counties have secretly approved awarding an illegal immigrant child molester more than $4 million because he was beaten by fellow inmates while in custody.

The Orange County Board of Supervisors made the decision in a closed-door session, according to an local newspaper (http://www.ocregister.com/articles/county-ramirez-eisenberg-2370202-chamberlain-jail) that made the settlement public this week. The lawsuit had been filed by an illegal immigrant from Mexico who was jailed after molesting a 6-year-old girl at a park.

The illegal alien, 24-year-old Fernando Ramirez, eventually pleaded guilty to a lesser charge of battery. While incarcerated at the countyís central jail, Ramirez was severely beaten by other inmates and his attorney says deputies in charge were elsewhere during the attack.

Ramirez suffered brain damage and is unable to walk unassisted, according to his attorney, who says his client has also been left with the intellect of a 4-year-old child. Thatís two years younger than the girl he molested.

-----------------------------------

Alright, if this guy was intentionally put into a situation that the police knew would result in this is one thing, but if they took basic steps, then 4 mill is over the top. In addition, he should pay the parents of the 6 year old girl 10 mil. for molesting that girl who will now live the rest of her life with the memories of what he did.

noonwitch
04-22-2009, 08:43 AM
If the police were negligent, I think the settlement should be the price of the medical bills, therapy, and any special accomodations needed while he is serving his sentence.

When he's done with his sentence, he should be deported back to Mexico.

AlmostThere
04-22-2009, 09:01 AM
If the police were negligent, I think the settlement should be the price of the medical bills, therapy, and any special accomodations needed while he is serving his sentence.

When he's done with his sentence, he should be deported back to Mexico.

I wonder how many inmates are beaten and raped every day while in custody? And the ones who've been raped, do you think any have been infected with HIV? I'm sure it's happened and I don't recall multi-million dollar paydays. Unless the deputies beat him themselves, I'd say, "Shit happens".

Odysseus
04-22-2009, 11:59 AM
Ramirez suffered brain damage and is unable to walk unassisted, according to his attorney, who says his client has also been left with the intellect of a 4-year-old child. Thatís two years younger than the girl he molested.
Are they complaining that now she's too old for him? :rolleyes:

-----------------------------------
Alright, if this guy was intentionally put into a situation that the police knew would result in this is one thing, but if they took basic steps, then 4 mill is over the top. In addition, he should pay the parents of the 6 year old girl 10 mil. for molesting that girl who will now live the rest of her life with the memories of what he did.
I'd say that covering his medical costs for the duration of his sentence and then deporting him is appropriate, but I'd divide the $10 million between the family of his victim and the inmates who beat him.

I wonder how many inmates are beaten and raped every day while in custody. And the ones who've been raped, do you think any have been infected with HIV? I'm sure it's happened and I don't recall multi-million dollar paydays. Unless the deputies beat him themselves, I'd say, "Shit happens".
Agreed. His sole benefit, if you could call it that, should be medical treatment for the remainder of his sentence. If that's insufficient, then they shouldn't have let him plea bargain it down. I know that NY State's Son of Sam law doesn't allow criminals to profit from their crimes, but this being California, I don't know what laws apply. Aren't there supposed to be minimum sentencing rules for child molesters that preclude plea bargains?