PDA

View Full Version : Voluntary Human Extinction Movement?

patriot45
04-22-2009, 02:05 PM
Good luck with this! People are strange.

The DUmp needs this link! (http://www.vhemt.org/aboutvhemt.htm)

Q: What is the Voluntary Human Extinction Movement?

VHEMT (pronounced vehement) is a movement not an organization. It's a movement advanced by people who care about life on planet Earth. We're not just a bunch of misanthropes and anti-social, Malthusian misfits, taking morbid delight whenever disaster strikes humans. Nothing could be farther from the truth. Voluntary human extinction is the humanitarian alternative to human disasters.

We don't carry on about how the human race has shown itself to be a greedy, amoral parasite on the once-healthy face of this planet. That type of negativity offers no solution to the inexorable horrors which human activity is causing.

Rather, The Movement presents an encouraging alternative to the callous exploitation and wholesale destruction of Earth's ecology.

As VHEMT Volunteers know, the hopeful alternative to the extinction of millions of species of plants and animals is the voluntary extinction of one species: Homo sapiens... us.

Each time another one of us decides to not add another one of us to the burgeoning billions already squatting on this ravaged planet, another ray of hope shines through the gloom.

When every human chooses to stop breeding, Earth's biosphere will be allowed to return to its former glory, and all remaining creatures will be free to live, die, evolve (if they believe in evolution), and will perhaps pass away, as so many of Nature's "experiments" have done throughout the eons.

It's going to take all of us going.

stsinner
04-22-2009, 02:08 PM
Don't worry, guys, I'm working on kid number 5... I'll offset some of these idiots!!! I'm glad these psychopaths have decided to not breed because any child parented by these tree huggers would be nagged to death their entire lives and exist in an unbearable environment until they reach the age of majority, at which time they would likely move across the country if not the globe to get away from their parents...

Gingersnap
04-22-2009, 02:49 PM
I volunteer to be last. :p

enslaved1
04-22-2009, 03:20 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/righteous_slave/worffacepalm.gif

There just aren't words for that depth of stupidity. This is what happens when people have way too much time on their hands.

When every human chooses to stop breeding, Earth's biosphere will be allowed to return to its former glory, and all remaining creatures will be free to live, die, evolve (if they believe in evolution), and will perhaps pass away, as so many of Nature's "experiments" have done throughout the eons.

1. Evolution only happens if you believe in it? LOL, try getting a fish to read Origins of a Species.
2. What happens if you are successful, mankind dies out, the evolutionary process continues, and.....mankind shows back up again in another 500,000 years? Then it's all right back where we started. :rolleyes:
3. If nature is glorious, and no one is around to see and appreciate it, is it really glorious?

SarasotaRepub
04-22-2009, 08:15 PM
They have Stuff to sell!!!! (http://www.cafepress.com/vhemt) :cool:

I think these are the same guys from The Obama Forum...:D

MrsSmith
04-22-2009, 08:16 PM
I saw an ad for a show on History channel the other day. It was for a show about the earth after all the humans are gone.

FlaGator
04-23-2009, 12:22 AM
I saw an ad for a show on History channel the other day. It was for a show about the earth after all the humans are gone.

Wouldn't that be DU? I've been watching that show for 5 years.

ironhorsedriver
04-23-2009, 06:52 AM
I hope these people succed. For them anyway. God, we don't want their DNA to get to far out here. These people of course, would be the first demanding life saving medicine, or standing behind soldiers to be protected, so they can continue to spout such useless drivel.
Who gives a damn if Earth survives if we're gone.

noonwitch
04-23-2009, 08:44 AM
Don't worry, guys, I'm working on kid number 5... I'll offset some of these idiots!!! I'm glad these psychopaths have decided to not breed because any child parented by these tree huggers would be nagged to death their entire lives and exist in an unbearable environment until they reach the age of majority, at which time they would likely move across the country if not the globe to get away from their parents...

The scary thing would be if this group decided that not breeding isn't enough, and decided to start killing people-like an evironmentalist version of some killer cult. Although, I agree that it's good that these guys aren't breeding.

lacarnut
04-23-2009, 02:21 PM
The scary thing would be if this group decided to start killing people-like an evironmentalist version of some killer cult. .

That might be fun to watch cause these dummies would start their cult in blue states. If they tried that in red states, it would be like shooting fish in a barrel.

patriot45
04-23-2009, 02:29 PM

We saw that add, and my wife asked why we would care if we were all gone! :confused:

noonwitch
04-23-2009, 03:48 PM
We saw that add, and my wife asked why we would care if we were all gone! :confused:

I've seen a lot of ads for that show, too. It kind of freaks me out.

If anyone really wants to watch as nature reclaims a city, just come to Detroit and travel outside of the green zone (downtown, WSU and the area around the museums, where the police patrol regularly). I've been watching it happen for 22 years-there's a strange kind of beauty in it, believe it or not.