PDA

View Full Version : "Borderline Dummies !"

megimoo
04-22-2009, 07:48 PM
The border for dummies

"Do We Have Another Light weight,Low IQ,Bureaucratic,Female Seat Warmer like Janet Reno At Obama's DHS ?"

Can someone please tell us how U. S. Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano got her job? She appears to be about as knowledgeable about border issues as a late-night radio call-in yahoo.

In an interview broadcast Monday on the CBC, Ms. Napolitano attempted to justify her call for stricter border security on the premise that "suspected or known terrorists" have entered the U. S. across the Canadian border, including the perpetrators of the 9/11 attack.

All the 9/11 terrorists, of course, entered the United States directly from overseas. The notion that some arrived via Canada is a myth that briefly popped up in the wake of the 9/11 attacks, and was then quickly debunked.

Informed of her error, Ms. Napolitano blustered: "I can't talk to that. I can talk about the future. And here's the future. The future is we have borders."

Just what does that mean, exactly?

Just a few weeks ago, Ms. Napolitano equated Canada's border to Mexico's, suggesting they deserved the same treatment. Mexico is engulfed in a drug war that left more than 5,000 dead last year, and which is spawning a spillover kidnapping epidemic in Arizona. So many Mexicans enter the United States illegally that a multi-billion-dollar barrier has been built from Texas to California to keep them out.

http://www.nationalpost.com/todays-paper/story.html?id=1520295

ironhorsedriver
04-23-2009, 06:57 AM
Not only is she a clueless, ignorant, incompetent piece of fat flesh. She's dangerous, she is capable of decisions that could destroy normal, law abiding citizens lives. She needs to join the Human Extinction Group in another thread.

noonwitch
04-23-2009, 08:31 AM
I know Janet Reno was never popular with conservatives, but she was not stupid. She never would have let a memo worded in such a way get out to the press and public.

She used RICO to drive Randall Terry/Operation Rescue into bankruptcy. Conservatives can make a good case that she was abusing power in doing so, but it wasn't a stupid move on her part, it was a smart and effective legal strategy. She may have been controversial, but she wasn't stupid.

megimoo
04-23-2009, 08:39 AM
I know Janet Reno was never popular with conservatives, but she was not stupid. She never would have let a memo worded in such a way get out to the press and public.

She used RICO to drive Randall Terry/Operation Rescue into bankruptcy. Conservatives can make a good case that she was abusing power in doing so, but it wasn't a stupid move on her part, it was a smart and effective legal strategy. She may have been controversial, but she wasn't stupid.

That so?Then how do you explain this brillient statement ? "Informed of her error, Ms. Napolitano blustered: "I can't talk to that. I can talk about the future. And here's the future. The future is we have borders."Just what does that mean, exactly?Absolute gibberish and you call her intelligent ,Yeh right !

AlmostThere
04-23-2009, 09:31 AM

Wouldn't you agree that something is terribly wrong when a situation can supposedly be an abuse of power, smart and an effective legal strategy all at the same time?

Their bankruptcy resulted from $60,000 in fines for violating injunctions against blocking access to abortion clinics. Someone should tell striking workers walking a picket line and civil rights activists of the 60's who were staging sit-ins, they are lucky some judge had not adjudicated them right into the poor house. It looks like beauty as well as what qualifies as civil disobedience is in the eye of the beholder.

IMHO, Ms. Reno's handling/bungling of the Elian Gonzalez affair and the Davidian Compound disaster would only get her into MENSA as the cleaning lady.

ironhorsedriver
04-23-2009, 09:41 AM

I'm not talking about Reno, if you are. But Napolitano is way over her stupid little head. She has proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, to be incompetent. She needs to be sacked, before she gets someone hurt.

Gingersnap
04-23-2009, 10:08 AM
Informed of her error, Ms. Napolitano blustered: "I can't talk to that. I can talk about the future. And here's the future. The future is we have borders."

If so, let's start enforcing them. That would be change I could believe in. :rolleyes:

linda22003
04-23-2009, 10:28 AM
If so, let's start enforcing them. That would be change I could believe in. :rolleyes:

I could definitely get all hopeychangey about that!

noonwitch
04-23-2009, 11:29 AM
Wouldn't you agree that something is terribly wrong when a situation can supposedly be an abuse of power, smart and an effective legal strategy all at the same time?

Their bankruptcy resulted from $60,000 in fines for violating injunctions against blocking access to abortion clinics. Someone should tell striking workers walking a picket line and civil rights activists of the 60's who were staging sit-ins, they are lucky some judge had not adjudicated them right into the poor house. It looks like beauty as well as what qualifies as civil disobedience is in the eye of the beholder.

IMHO, Ms. Reno's handling/bungling of the Elian Gonzalez affair and the Davidian Compound disaster would only get her into MENSA as the cleaning lady.

The Davidian situation was one Reno inherited, when the standoff was already going on. The ATF mishandled the situation from the beginning. She did take full responsibility for it when asked in Congress. She didn't make excuses.

As far as Operation Rescue goes, she acheived her goals by effectively shutting them down. She found a way to apply interstate anti-crime laws to an organization in a way that others hadn't thought of. That makes it smart. The morality of the action is a different issue. There was a really weird edge to some of the anti-abortion protests of the Clinton years- like the protestor who tried to give President Clinton an aborted fetus in a jar, for example, and some of the fringe elements bombing clinics and shooting doctors. The guy with the jar is lucky the Secret Service didn't shoot him.

This is just my opinion, but I really don't think she bungled the Elian Gonzales situation. The kid was returned to his father and no blood was shed. If the INS had not gone in and taken immediate command, do you really think that family would have complied with the order to give the kid to his dad? Who knows how many of the people hanging around the family's home may have been armed and looking for trouble? If she had waited any longer, it could have gotten really ugly and violent.

lacarnut
04-23-2009, 12:29 PM
The Davidian situation was one Reno inherited, when the standoff was already going on. The ATF mishandled the situation from the beginning. She did take full responsibility for it when asked in Congress. She didn't make excuses.

As far as Operation Rescue goes, she acheived her goals by effectively shutting them down. She found a way to apply interstate anti-crime laws to an organization in a way that others hadn't thought of. That makes it smart. The morality of the action is a different issue. There was a really weird edge to some of the anti-abortion protests of the Clinton years- like the protestor who tried to give President Clinton an aborted fetus in a jar, for example, and some of the fringe elements bombing clinics and shooting doctors. The guy with the jar is lucky the Secret Service didn't shoot him.

This is just my opinion, but I really don't think she bungled the Elian Gonzales situation. The kid was returned to his father and no blood was shed. If the INS had not gone in and taken immediate command, do you really think that family would have complied with the order to give the kid to his dad? Who knows how many of the people hanging around the family's home may have been armed and looking for trouble? If she had waited any longer, it could have gotten really ugly and violent.

I don't give a flying fuck about Janet Reno. That is past history. What I care about is another Obama cabinet member that is dumb as a rock. The stupid broad does not know where the terrorist from 9/11 came from. Not from Canada, got it. She is an embarrassment and has pissed off our largest trading partners with false information. Between Obama checking out a Muslim's crotch with his bow to the rest of his flubs, this Admin. will go down in history as an abomination because of all the crooks and tax cheats.

AlmostThere
04-23-2009, 12:41 PM
This is just my opinion, but I really don't think she bungled the Elian Gonzales situation. The kid was returned to his father and no blood was shed.

We've all seen the picture. I think he was six years old here and this looks bungled to me. Police barging into your home and sticking a REAL assault weapon in the face of a small child was definitely not the best option in order to return him to Castro's Cuba.

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z82/lap0118/elian.jpg

lacarnut
04-23-2009, 01:13 PM
We've all seen the picture. I think he was six years old here and this looks bungled to me. Police barging into your home and sticking a REAL assault weapon in the face of a small child was definitely not the best option in order to return him to Castro's Cuba.

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z82/lap0118/elian.jpg

Probably traumatized the kid and the family for life. Making apologies for a butch bitch like Jeno seems to be a habit of Noonwitch.

noonwitch
04-23-2009, 02:39 PM
Probably traumatized the kid and the family for life. Making apologies for a butch bitch like Jeno seems to be a habit of Noonwitch.

If the family had handed him over as requested, it would have never come to that.

You just always have to add an insult in to your comments, don't you?

lacarnut
04-23-2009, 05:15 PM
If the family had handed him over as requested, it would have never come to that.

Reno is a partisan butch bitch; that why the hack could not even win a local election when she ran in a Democ. controlled county. My opinion is that she is not too swift. With your liberal mentality you take up for her. I tell it like I see it.

Additionally, the story was not about her. Stay focused on another stupid Democ. bitch.

AlmostThere
04-23-2009, 06:09 PM

You really want to blame the family for this? They know his mother died getting him out of Cuba and into the U.S.. Putting that fact aside, these people knew what Castro's Cuba was really about. A place bad enough that thousands have risked their lives, their children's lives in order to be free. The U.S. was willing to send this kid back for whatever reason but it sure didn't have anything to do with what was best for Elian. You're surprised they didn't just hand this kid over like some sacrificial lamb for Castro?

ReaganForRus
04-23-2009, 06:18 PM

noon,

So explain to me the wet foot dry land political asylum extended for Cubans escaping Fidel? Relatives of the wife who died were more than ready, willing and able to provide and raise Elian? Poltical asylum and Freedom is age related?

Using this logic, anchor children of illegal immigrants should immediately sent back to the host country, along with the parents. I mean, an illegal act should not allow a legal situation to trump freedom, right?:confused:

megimoo
04-23-2009, 06:27 PM
noon,

So explain to me the wet foot dry land political asylum extended for Cubans escaping Fidel? Relatives of the wife who died were more than ready, willing and able to provide and raise Elian? Poltical asylum and Freedom is age related?

Using this logic, anchor children of illegal immigrants should immediately sent back to the host country, along with the parents. I mean, an illegal act should not allow a legal situation to trump freedom, right?:confused:You were mean to her .She doesn't want to play anymore . You mean old regressive conservatives ganged up on poor little confused nooner !

patriot45
04-23-2009, 06:31 PM
You were mean to her .She doesn't want to play anymore . You mean old regressive conservatives ganged up on poor little confused nooner !

C'mon Moo, somebody has to take the wrong side of these arguements! We know she will take the lib view!;)

megimoo
04-23-2009, 07:07 PM
C'mon Moo, somebody has to take the wrong side of these arguements! We know she will take the lib view!;)
I suppose we need the old nooner to balance the conversations ?
She can explain away any obvious Progressive/ Liberal/ Maoist screw up as always being the conservatives fault .We should listen to her explanations and always agree with them no matter how far 'off the wall 'they are !

But first we must agree with a few 'known' facts, just to be 'fair', from her collection of libber talking points!

Clinton wasn't impeached,It was all a lie !
Sandy Burger didn't steal any documents from the Federal Achieves.
Bill Clinton never put a hand or cigar on that woman Monica Lewinski .
Reno never took a drink in her life !
Gorelick never blocked National Security reporting between the CIA and FBI !
Buoooosh is always guilty of whatever and is always evil !
We failed in IRAQ and lost the war .
algore is correct, the sky is falling !
Obama was born in Washington DC !
Reid and Pelosi are honorable Americans .
This Congress and White House are the best we've ever had !

noonwitch
04-24-2009, 08:25 AM
You were mean to her .She doesn't want to play anymore . You mean old regressive conservatives ganged up on poor little confused nooner !

I wasn't here. I don't really care what you think about my opinions, or I wouldn't still post here. I appreciate the fact that your board doesn't ban people for their opinions, unlike DU. And, I grew up around conservatives, and most of you remind me of the nice neighbors and Young Life people who were good to me when I was a teenager and my mom was being a bitch to me.

Lars1701a
04-24-2009, 09:21 AM

The family was on record (many times) that if the INS came for the child they would hand him over, so please stop making excuses for Reno's bumbling of the Gonzales situation.

lacarnut
04-24-2009, 01:09 PM

What is either ironic or pathetic; take your pick. She does not understand why the kid was returned. It was politicial #1 and #2 the Admin. did not want Castro to start exporting its criminals to the US.