PDA

View Full Version : "An Israeli or American Ship Attacked and Destroyed An Iranian Vessel."

megimoo
04-26-2009, 03:41 PM
'Iranian arms ship destroyed near Sudan'

An Iranian vessel en route to Sudan in order to deliver weapons to Hamas in the Gaza Strip was attacked by an Israeli or American ship and destroyed, according to a report Sunday in the Egyptian weekly Al-Usbua.

The report quoted sources in Khartoum as saying that all of the crew members who were on board were killed in the incident, which occurred in the past two weeks.

"The ship was destroyed at sea near the Sudanese coast," the sources said, adding that the vessel's cargo was to be led through the Sudanese desert and the Sinai Peninsula.

Iran had attempted to keep news of the incident under wraps, the sources said.

The Jerusalem Post could not confirm the report.

According to foreign reports, Israel has carried out at least one air strike against the convoys of trucks that lead Iranian weapons to Gaza through Sudan.

39 people were reportedly killed when IAF warplanes bombed and destroyed one such convoy in January

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1239710792789&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FPrinter

Zathras
04-26-2009, 07:14 PM
Good, but I doubt The Anointed One would have given orders to interdict shipping from Iran with weapons for Hamas.

AlmostThere
04-26-2009, 08:44 PM
What would Iran's motive be to keep the incident under wraps? If the U.S. or Israel actually attacked them, I'd think they'd want a report of the attack on the front page of the NY Times. :confused:

noonwitch
04-27-2009, 09:36 AM
What would Iran's motive be to keep the incident under wraps? If the U.S. or Israel actually attacked them, I'd think they'd want a report of the attack on the front page of the NY Times. :confused:

I don't know, but maybe they are trying to pretend that they aren't sending weapons to Hamas. If they admitted they were doing so, it would risk any improvement in relations with the US in the future.

djones520
04-27-2009, 09:37 AM
I don't know, but maybe they are trying to pretend that they aren't sending weapons to Hamas. If they admitted they were doing so, it would risk any improvement in relations with the US in the future.

They would just claim it was an aid shipment or something.