PDA

View Full Version : Italian cruise ship thwarts pirate attack

SarasotaRepub
04-26-2009, 08:08 PM
Attack thwarted by ISRAELI Security crew... (http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/africa/04/26/somalia.pirates/index.html)

(CNN) -- The captain of an Italian cruise ship foiled an attack by pirates off the coast of Somalia on Saturday by ordering his security crew to fire back, Italy's ANSA news agency reported.

Six armed pirates in a speedboat attacked the ship, which had about 1,500 people onboard, ANSA said. They fled after the security crew fired back.

The cruise ship Melody, which is owned by an Italian company, was on its way back to Italy after a cruise, ANSA said.

No one was injured in the attack about 180 miles north of the Seychelles.

CNN story left out the Israeli part. :rolleyes::D FoxNews didn't.

Bubba Dawg
04-26-2009, 10:31 PM
Okay, Cruise Ships charge extra for balconies and jacuzzis and such. It's how they make extra money.

Suppose, just suppose, that you could rent a stateroom with a balcony and a deck gun. Pirate Cruises. All the rage. Twin 20 mm cannons, or for the economy minded, twin Browning .50 cals. Even a water-cooled .30 caliber belt-fed on a mount would be entertaining and fun.

After all, we want to give them a sporting chance...eh wot?!?

You wouldn't even have to buy clay pegeons.

There is eco-tourism...why not combat tourism?

I'm a think-outside-the-box kind of guy. :cool::D

Rockntractor
04-26-2009, 10:50 PM
Okay, Cruise Ships charge extra for balconies and jacuzzis and such. It's how they make extra money.

Suppose, just suppose, that you could rent a stateroom with a balcony and a deck gun. Pirate Cruises. All the rage. Twin 20 mm cannons, or for the economy minded, twin Browning .50 cals. Even a water-cooled .30 caliber belt-fed on a mount would be entertaining and fun.

I really like the way you think. Big bullets exploding pirates.They could video tape your excursion and sell you the footage. Capitalism at it's finest.

Odysseus
04-26-2009, 11:16 PM

We could sell Lettes of Marque and demand a piece of the take as a means of fundraising. I like it!